Looking to start training for MMA....

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Naptownwrestler, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Naptownwrestler

Naptownwrestler White Belt

I am currently a freshman in college and fighting seems to be one of my favorite sports since I was little. I can finally start training (turned 18 and no longer need parental approval :icon_chee ) . Anyways their are two schools that I am looking into and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on which one to go to.
    Their is this place that I know one person that goes here. He says they do alot of Muay Thai Striking but I guess thats because thats the classes he Signed up for.
    IveyLeague MMA - Welcome Page

And this place that seems like its a good place for BJJ.
    Garfield MMA - Annapolis, Maryland - Mixed Martial Arts

I wrestled all 4 years in high school and hope to wrestle sophomore year in college cuz i need to get in better shape and work on technique before i can wrestle in college. Also I have been into boxing basically my whole life. I know the basics but I know their is alot I need to learn. Also do you guys suggest that I go to an MMA school like this or should I find a boxing gym and fine tune my boxing then work my way up the ranks for a BJJ Belt. Thank you for all your input and I can't wait to start my journey of becoming a great fighter and I will do whatever it takes to make it to the top.