1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Looking to pursue career in nutrition, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Boozerguyzer, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Boozerguyzer

Boozerguyzer Blue Belt

So lately I've FINALLY settled on something I'd actually enjoy pursuing academically and afterwords professionally; nutrition! I've always loved cooking and eating food, only recently did I find an affinity for the healthy stuff. Anyway, I'd like to go to the University of MN's College of Food Agriculture and Nutritional Sciences, but they have a couple different programs depending on what certification you'd like to get. So without getting into all the details, do any of you have experience in this field or ideas about which direction I should head in?

I'd be looking to work with psychologists trying to help their patients by correcting dietary ailments, schools trying to stop making Americans so damn obese, and most importantly athletes (fighters preferably) trying to make the cut and have top physical form to boot.

So are there any nutritionists out there? Sinister you seem to know a lot but did that just come from working a GNC? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!