Looking to cut out grains and starches...

MuyThaiFighter

Orange Belt
Reaction score
at least for lunch and dinner. I usually eat two pieces of whole wheat toast for breakfast. I also usually eat whole grain brown rice or whole grain pasta for dinner.

I want to experiment with cutting these out and upping my fat intake to replace the grains/starches.

What kinds of things can I do so that I'm not starving all the time? Nuts are a given but what else?

I'm a little nervous to try this, but I think carbs are my enemy. It just kind of freaks me out to switch to a high fat diet.

at least for lunch and dinner. I usually eat two pieces of whole wheat toast for breakfast. I also usually eat whole grain brown rice or whole grain pasta for dinner.

I want to experiment with cutting these out and upping my fat intake to replace the grains/starches.

What kinds of things can I do so that I'm not starving all the time? Nuts are a given but what else?

I'm a little nervous to try this, but I think carbs are my enemy. It just kind of freaks me out to switch to a high fat diet.

I may be wrong and I'm sure I'll be scolded if I am..lol but I did an almost 0 carb / LOW fat diet for 7 days. My body was pretty much burning off the fat I had on me already. So dont switch to low carb/ high fat.. just go low carb and make adjustments as needed. Again I have no scientific evidence or links to support this, just personal experience.

I may be wrong and I'm sure I'll be scolded if I am..lol but I did an almost 0 carb / LOW fat diet for 7 days. My body was pretty much burning off the fat I had on me already. So dont switch to low carb/ high fat.. just go low carb and make adjustments as needed. Again I have no scientific evidence or links to support this, just personal experience.

Correct Sir.

Anyways, I don't understand why you think that you'll be starving all the time. Fat fills you up more than useless carbohydrates.

WC...he's saying go low carb/low fat, is he not?

I'm about 6' 230 lbs and would like to try to maintain that weight. I won't be able to do that unless I replace those calories.

I'm about 6' 230 lbs and would like to try to maintain that weight. I won't be able to do that unless I replace those calories.

He is, which isn't a good idea. You need to provide your body with fuel; Carbs, Fats, or both. Protein is not a substance that you should be relying on for energy and fuel.

You will replace your carb calories with fat, and you will eat less doing this. But it makes up for it. Fat > Carbs=Protein, in terms of Calorie per gram.

I suggest making sure that you take a fish oil supplement, and balance your O6:O3 Ratio.

Yes thats exactly what i was saying lowcarb/lowfat.

If your not looking to burn additional bodyfat then I see no reason to switch. I felt like crap the whole week I did the diet and suffered from decreased energy and decreased will to live..lol. also my poop turned dark black and smelled HORRIBLE along with increased farting and they were mad stinky! not good for first time dates! lol..... maybe I felt like crap because i had low fat intake and I should have had High fat intake... idunno. The only reason Id do this again is to make substantial fat burning gains for aesthetic reasons. definately not for performance.

He is, which isn't a good idea. You need to provide your body with fuel; Carbs, Fats, or both. Protein is not a substance that you should be relying on for energy and fuel.

You will replace your carb calories with fat, and you will eat less doing this. But it makes up for it. Fat > Carbs=Protein, in terms of Calorie per gram.

I suggest making sure that you take a fish oil supplement, and balance your O6:O3 Ratio.

so was my body burning the fat it already had on it for energy?
it "looks" like thats what happened
.....also I did take 1g of fishoil and a Multi V everyday.

Yes thats exactly what i was saying lowcarb/lowfat.

If your not looking to burn additional bodyfat then I see no reason to switch. I felt like crap the whole week I did the diet and suffered from decreased energy and decreased will to live..lol. also my poop turned dark black and smelled HORRIBLE along with increased farting and they were mad stinky! not good for first time dates! lol..... maybe I felt like crap because i had low fat intake and I should have had High fat intake... idunno. The only reason Id do this again is to make substantial fat burning gains for aesthetic reasons. definately not for performance.

why are you cutting out carbs if you just wanna maintain weight? the only reason i'd do that is to cut weight.

so was my body burning the fat it already had on it for energy?
it "looks" like thats what happened
.....also I did take 1g of fishoil and a Multi V everyday.

Fat is the secondary form of energy for your body when it is not being fed Fat or Carbs. It goes to your muscle for a quick energy fix first.

Low carb and low fat at the same time is a path of madness. Don't do it.

Back