Looking for Votes....Radio Poll: Who Should Jon Jones Fight Next?

You bet, and add to that Gus is still young so let him have another fight or 2 and then setup a huge rematch if him and Jones keep winning. Glover on the other hand has more than earned his shot and who knows how much longer he will be at the top.

Things don't always work out though, guys get hurt, you then have 4 training camps between jones and Gus and are hoping that nobody gets hurt for those and throws off the schedule. and I am not as sold as you that glover has proven that he is a threat to jones.

Things don't always work out though, guys get hurt, you then have 4 training camps between jones and Gus and are hoping that nobody gets hurt for those and throws off the schedule. and I am not as sold as you that glover has proven that he is a threat to jones.

I agree in regards to people getting hurt however given both Jones and Gus are so young they will fight again regardless of who has the belt.

What does Glover need to do to "sell" you? He beat Bader quicker than Jones did (not that I like MMAmath) but I am just not sure what he would need to do so you feel he is worthy.

The guy has won 20 in a row and has beaten top 10 ranked LHW's.

I agree in regards to people getting hurt however given both Jones and Gus are so young they will fight again regardless of who has the belt.

What does Glover need to do to "sell" you? He beat Bader quicker than Jones did (not that I like MMAmath) but I am just not sure what he would need to do so you feel he is worthy.

Glover's only had and won 5 fights in the UFC. The reason the Bader fight didn't sell many is because Bader was very close to finishing Glover. If Bader can almost finish him he doesn't stand a chance against Jones, Gus or Davis. Glover shouldn't just cut Davis in line for a title shot he should have a title eliminator to prove who deserves the shot while Gus gets the rematch he obviously deserves.

How quickly Glover won that fight is not the issue though, and Jones may have taken longer to beat Bader, but Jones totally dominated Bader where Glover really struggled before being able to capitalize on Bader's huge mistake of only throwing right hands when Glover was hurt. Plus, Bader was clearly winning that fight up until Glover landed that shot, including in the grappling aspect. So yeah, it was a good win, but if anything, it made Glover less appealing as a contender after the fight. And, the Rampage that Glover beat wasn't the best Rampage we have ever seen. I think Glover needs to beat another top guy before I want to see him fight Jones as I don't think he stands much of a chance. Gus on the other hand may have lost that close battle, but he may fare even better going into the next one. Sure they are young, but you just never know if things will line up the way you expect, or hope, which is more accurate. I think you make the right fight now, or you may miss out on the best version of it.

Back