Looking for Votes....Radio Poll: Who Should Jon Jones Fight Next?

Good to see that Glover is ahead in the poll results.
That's the fight to make now, imo.

Glover w/ Gusta fighting a contender on the same card.

No interested in Texiera.

I'd rather see Jon Jones be given a rematch with Gustafsson. I feel Bones has earned it.

Glover should be next, then Gustafson and then Davis (providing they all keep winning there fights to get a shot and Jones keeps defending).

Glover should be next, then Gustafson and then Davis (providing they all keep winning there fights to get a shot and Jones keeps defending).

Yep yep and yep, same way I am hoping it goes down.

glover looked vulnerable in his last fight with Bader, don't think he should get a title shot coming off of that. He should fight Davis while Jones and Gus rematch.

glover looked vulnerable in his last fight with Bader, don't think he should get a title shot coming off of that. He should fight Davis while Jones and Gus rematch.

I still do not understand that logic, everyone gets hit its never planned. The fact is he stayed composed, and finished the fight. To me that says a lot about a fighters heart.

Voted for Glover. Give Alex 2 good fight to get some more experience and I think he might thrash Jones. I think he has more room to grow than Jones does, he just needs some time to do it.

DC needs too fight at lhw, so we can at least see how the weight cut effects him

I still do not understand that logic, everyone gets hit its never planned. The fact is he stayed composed, and finished the fight. To me that says a lot about a fighters heart.

Exactly, by that logic people shouldn't be impressed with Jones because he got hit a lot of times and didn't finish Gus?

Glover got rocked but was able to stay calm enough to find a way and bounce back, finishing Bader, earning the KOTN $50k bonus and a title shot, and still wasn't happy with his own performance.

Gotta respect/admire that.

2.gif

Exactly, by that logic people shouldn't be impressed with Jones because he got hit a couple of times and didn't finish Gus?

Glover got rocked but was able to stay calm enough to find a way and bounce back, finishing Bader, earning the KOTN $50k bonus and a title shot, and still wasn't happy with his own performance.

Gotta respect/admire that.

You bet, and add to that Gus is still young so let him have another fight or 2 and then setup a huge rematch if him and Jones keep winning. Glover on the other hand has more than earned his shot and who knows how much longer he will be at the top.

As much as I think Glover has earned his shot, as a fan I would rather see a remtach with Gus. That was the most competitive LHW title fight I can recall and the most entertaining. Watching that fight there was no doubt you were seeing the #1 and #2 fighters in the world going at it

Voted for Gus. I think he won that fight, and he deserves a rematch like Shogun got.

Voted for Gus. I think he won that fight, and he deserves a rematch like Shogun got.

This. Only, I actually had Machida winning 3 rounds to 2 but would understand it going to Shogun as well (from all those leg kicks). As for Jones vs. Gus, I also had it 3 to 2 for Gus. Since I think he won the fight, the majority of fans for that matter, and even most of the pro MMA fighters that spoke about it (in the UFC included), there probably should be an immediate rematch. However, I also wouldn't care if Gustafsson was matched up against someone like Lil Nog (could be a great fight, I'd have Gus winning of course) and then get a another crack at Jones after that (provided he wins of course).

At least fighting glover would mean jones doesn't have to face any serious completion until the rematch. He can take it easy for a few months.

I voted for GUS. I don't think Glover can handle Jones, maybe he needs some more time to figure it out. In my opinion Cormier doesn't deserve a fight with Jones and would get cut up bad if he ever did fight him. I think Jones needs to rematch GUS but I think if he wins the rematch he should fight at HW afterwards.

Because there is more to see in a fight than who wins and who loses. It takes more than heart to beat Jones, and Glover looked vulnerable against a guy that is good, but isn't an elite guy. I want to see guys that have a solid chance against champions, and not just guys that have earned their shot, particularly at the expense of another fighter who has a solid chance. Because Gus was more than competitive, people are giving Glover a better chance than they did a week ago, which makes no sense to me .

I'd rather see Gus fight him, but I wouldn't mind Glover. I think Jones takes Glover pretty easily compared to Gus. I wouldn't mind having Gus have a fight or two before the rematch because having him fight Jones again when he and Jones have both improved would be sick.

Back