Looking for used mats.

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by dirtroller, Aug 12, 2010.

1. dirtroller

dirtroller Green Belt

I'm looking for anyone in the Miami area selling a mat,ideally a 12x10. With the fall semester starting at school,and work draining my time I'll only be able to train 1-2 times a week at my gym, having a mat at home will be a big help. If you anyone happens to know someone please shoot me a pm.

2. bnosam

bnosam Green Belt

Take a look on ebay. Some places sell used/new mats with free shipping

3. BSFT

BSFT Brown Belt

also check craigslist, you can usually find some good deals on there.

4. closequarters

closequarters Purple Belt

also check for tournaments that are coming to your area. they sometimes sell the mats after wards.

5. Jagcorps_esq

Jagcorps_esq Red Belt

You can get 12 x 8 worth of Flexiroll mats (4 4x6 mats) and the tape to join them for less than $300 on ebay.

6. BJJ 619***

BJJ 619*** White Belt

7. cjlewis01

cjlewis01 Drained Ear Belt/Paper Airplane Champ

Pulling Guard in MMA... Getting my Ear Swell ON...
    I would also check getrung.com. I think it was like 440 for what we got. Brand new. Great mats, they are like puzzle pieces

8. dat1978

dat1978 Brown Belt

^^^^what i was gonna say. i'm about to order some myself for my garage.

9. FXG

FXG Orange Belt

i bought some puzzle mats from sams club, it cost me $80 for about a 100sqft area, i've had them for almost 3 years. they work perfectly. you just can't do stand up on them because they are only a 1/2 inch thick. otherwise there great...

we also do open mat in coral springs on wednesdays so if you want any extra rolling time come on down...

10. laohu69

laohu69 Blue Belt

These are slightly softer than the Flexi-Roll mats that aree used by most schools.
    I bought a 1.6" commercial mat from their ebay store (10' x 21') & then bought 6 of the 4' x 6' x 1.5" mats to go along the side so I would have a 16' x 21' mat area.
    The 4' x 6' mats are made of different type of foam (black closed cell versus a white closed cell for the commercial mats) which is slightly softer. You sink in a little more on them & can tell it when transitioning between the 2. In reality I probably wouldn't have noticed it if the 2 mats weren't adjacent to each other & taped together.
    Not that this is a bad thing either. I prefer to practice breakfalls & throws on the softer surface.
    Regardless, they are top quality Dollamur products & you can't go wrong with them.

If I can ever figure out how to post pictures on this site I'll do a write up & comparison of the 2 mats in the gear forum.

11. dat1978

dat1978 Brown Belt

i went to order a couple of the 4'x6'x1.5" mats the other day and they aren't offered right now. i assume more will eventually pop up from the seller, but i hate waiting.