Looking for Shin Guards that don't move

well, i have the hayabusa pro shin guards. they don't move, at all. the only problem with them is that if you've got big feet they don't cover them too much, which can get you hurt if you snag somebody on the elbow.

I settled on the Renegade's. The Busa's looked tough, but I really wanted the easy-slip-on-neoprene that the Renegade's offered. I'll put them to use hard for a week then put a review up for any one interested.

They offer two payments of $25 free shipping. So $25 a month isn't bad at all. Better than the one-time hit of $80 for the Busa's. :D

A guy I train with looks like he's sponsored by Hayabusa based on all the gear he has from them but his shin guards are really reliable and look great. Also people wear things underneath them to stop them moving (I can't remember the name of them sorry).

Top King are very durable and never slip, they also protect your knee quite a bit.

These Fairtex,

psig3_ds.jpg

I have these in black and let me tell you they slip like hell all the time. Very annoying.

I figure anything with only straps is going to move, Busa's included. My Top Kings have deep concaves into the skin gaurd to wrap it around your leg, and thick wide straps to hold it in place, but it still moves. That's why I'm going the neoprene route. Hopefully it's not too sweaty.

I don't know never tried this but what about using a neoprene sleeve then strapping the shin guard on.

I don't know never tried this but what about using a neoprene sleeve then strapping the shin guard on.

I'm going the easier route and getting the two COMBINED. It'll be awesome. And hopefully not sweaty.

Hi Guys,

We get a ton of customers with raving reviews of the Boon Sport Shin Guards for multi-purpose use...

1. Hard shell shin, so great protection for full contact kicks...
2. No hard or bulky in-step protector across the foot, so no binding or flexing issues when practicing take downs or wrestling moves.
3. Three-strap velcro system on the back which offers a bit more more stability than other 2 strap systems.
4. Nyoprene foam material interior which aids in clinging to the leg when sweaty improving stability.
5. The pricing is also very reasonable at $59

1226375231_1199596434_sp.jpg

For the record, those with very large shins or calves would likely not fit these shin guards properly as they are sized universal (one size fits most). For the remaining vast majority of average sized individuals having issues with sloppy shin guards, the Boon Sport model offers a very plausable solution.

Hope this helps
Take care
Chris
MMAGearPimp.com

With a name like MMAGearPimp, I'd expect purple shin guards.

With a name like MMAGearPimp, I'd expect purple shin guards.

LOL :icon_lol: We CAN special order anything, and you would be suprised with the colours we have seen. hehe Purple is mild. Definately not a recommend colour for the gym though. :p

Haha, oh really? What are some of the more flamboyant or crazy colors you've seen?

Haha, oh really? What are some of the more flamboyant or crazy colors you've seen?

Hmmm ... Bright Pink leather with black hearts print and light blue trim... "Robin Egg" Blue leather, and "Electric" green leather with black clover leaves all over to name a few. lol :icon_lol:

Wow, you guys can do that? My girlfriend would LOVE that pink with hearts on it!

Wow, you guys can do that? My girlfriend would LOVE that pink with hearts on it!

:icon_lol: No, not at all... we don't do that ourselves. We aren't set up for anything like that. We would special order items like those directly from the manufacturer. The manufacturer then custom creates them and adds them to the rest of our orders. Not all manufacturers can offer everything, but with companies like Top King, Raja or Twins most things are possible. Not sure if you are serious or kidding, :icon_lol: but If you are serious, pm me and I will set you up. I should note that this type of customization can be quite pricy and pre-payment is required upfront (as I'm sure you can imagine, custom items like these have a very limited customer base :icon_lol: ). The order would not be placed until we place our bulk order, so you should also expect a bit of a wait. Manufacturing times for most of orders from Thailand are 6 to 8 weeks plus 2 to 3 weeks for container shipment to NA.

Take care,
Chris
MMAGearPimp.com

I got a pair of pink King shinnys and they never move, I can't find them on the internet but it's worth having a look?

:icon_lol: No, not at all... we don't do that ourselves. We aren't set up for anything like that. We would special order items like those directly from the manufacturer. The manufacturer then custom creates them and adds them to the rest of our orders. Not all manufacturers can offer everything, but with companies like Top King, Raja or Twins most things are possible. Not sure if you are serious or kidding, :icon_lol: but If you are serious, pm me and I will set you up. I should note that this type of customization can be quite pricy and pre-payment is required upfront (as I'm sure you can imagine, custom items like these have a very limited customer base :icon_lol: ). The order would not be placed until we place our bulk order, so you should also expect a bit of a wait. Manufacturing times for most of orders from Thailand are 6 to 8 weeks plus 2 to 3 weeks for container shipment to NA.

Take care,
Chris
MMAGearPimp.com

If she would commit to MMA I would most definitely hit you up. Now that I do know this is an option I will keep in mind I may design my own and have you guys send it to the manufacturer.

How complex do they allow the designs? Two-tone max?

Hey Law Bob, can you give us an update for the Renegade X-Trainer Shin Guards. I'm looking at either these or the Hayabusa Pro Striking Shin Guards and wanted to hear your experience with the x-trainer before I decided.

thanks

Back