looking for people who train at Paragon BJJ

outonbail

Living My Dreams
Reaction score
hey,

i'm thinking of moving to the USA for awhile and train full time also, my goal is to fight the mundials next year. jeff's tapes improved me a lot, and his and cooper's style fits me perfectly. ( I fight at leve)

anyway, i'm looking for some people who train at paragon who could give me some advice to find decent but still reasonable priced appartment or studio to rent, in an average cycling distance to the gym in santa barbara ( i think that's still where the most people train?)

a lot of thanks already, i'm also using search to find people.

if u have lil money, go on craigslist.com and look for a roommate

i do have some money, but i would only share a room with someone who also trains

How about you pay the rent, water, gas, food, and tuition, and i pay the cable?

Deal?

I do deep half guard a lot... does that count?

hey,

i'm thinking of moving to the USA for awhile and train full time also, my goal is to fight the mundials next year. jeff's tapes improved me a lot, and his and cooper's style fits me perfectly. ( I fight at leve)

anyway, i'm looking for some people who train at paragon who could give me some advice to find decent but still reasonable priced appartment or studio to rent, in an average cycling distance to the gym in santa barbara ( i think that's still where the most people train?)

a lot of thanks already, i'm also using search to find people.

that is in santa barbera right?? not the cheapest neighborhood.

Isla vista is right by there and I think that is where a lot of UC Santa Barbera students live off campus.
So, try to find a place there as it should be cheap and full of tan blonde college girls.

shit, now i want to go there.

How long are you planning to stay in the US?

Will you get a work visa?

And if not, how much rent could you afford per month?

I also might suggest living in North Hollywood or something, where it is WAY cheaper than Santa Barbara, and training at the Paragon in LA.

I'm training down in San Diego currently (due to school), but Santa Barbara is my hometown. What everyone else says here holds true, the cost of living in SB is steep (it contains one of the richest zip codes in the country). But, that's not to say that you can't find affordable living if you look hard enough, just realize that your dollar will go a lot less farther.

I also wouldn't recommend living in Isla Vista, it's a shitty area and is no where close to Paragon. Paragon is close to Milpas, but that is also one of the most shady areas within SB, unless you live more into the mountains. Have you visited the town? Maybe concentrate on actually emigrating and working over here long enough to actually get some training time in.

If you want my honest opinion, come check out San Diego when you visit the states. It's readily becoming the new BJJ mecca with the amount of schools and quality instruction popping up here.

hey guys already thanks for the responses.

currently i got 6.5k saved up for the trip, but will be to about 8-9k when i leave. also depending alot on the €/$ rate. 700$ would be the max i'd like to spend on rent a month all in

I plan on leaving the first 4 months of 2011, since i still go to brasil and have some stuff to do here. and plan on staying for anywhere 3 to 6 months but if i can find a job or so i'll stay longer. i do got some massive savings somewhere but i will only touch them if i decide to stay up to 2 years. I still have to look up what I need to work there legit etc. working 2 days a week would be fine, even as a dishwasher.

basically i'd just like to live anywhere in california next to the sea. i know you also have a nice gym in long beach ;-)

i'd compete at blue probably, but i want to go to win, not just for fun and experience. it's the goal i'm training for atm.

Back