Looking for mats and grappling dummy for home gym

JustSomeGuy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a mat brand/make that would be good for a room in your house or garage? Something that is semi-portable.

Also, what's the way to go on a grappling and/or wrestling dummy? Thanks in advance.

i've been toying with the idea of a home gym as well and thought puzzle mats would do the trick. does anyone have any experience with those jigsaw mats?

I hear zebra mats are good. SSF carries them, too.

cheesesteak said:
i've been toying with the idea of a home gym as well and thought puzzle mats would do the trick. does anyone have any experience with those jigsaw mats?

yea they can be okay but watch the thickness.too thin and you know bout it on takedowns or by the floor in your back.

Regards to wrestling or grappling dummies , if you are skint or just tight with money you can make your own reasonably easily.There was a post in the gear and equipment section quite recently about this along with a web link to how to make info....was within the last two days caled I love my dummy or similar.Maybe I heart my dummy?Have a look for that thread it might be useful.Or ebay?

http://www.geocities.com/fightraining/grappled2.html

It's harder then it looks to make a decent one. I attempted using these directions, but I used the wrong type of "wire" for the skeleton, so mine didn't turn out. Also, I used a 50lb bag of sand in the body to add weight to it. Also, you can expect to spend $50-$100 making one. Good luck. Also, with a little googling, you can find the patent blueprints to make the "bubba dummy", but once again, they are VERY hard to follow. Good luck.

Zebra makes a great folding mat and puzzle mats for home use. Revgear also makes a folding mat.

I carry both the Zebra and Revgear mats but Swain and MMA also make great folding mats.

www.SSFgear.com

Dollamur mats are great and very high quality. Search eBay for 'dollamur'... the seller usually has some for sale with a 'buy it now price'.. which is too rich for my blood, but also reliably sells remnants in a conventional auction style. I got a 5'x10'x1.25" mat recently for approx $150 (free shipping!). The plan is to get another, which would give me a 10'x10` area,

Back