looking for an inspirational speech

pakimahi

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Somebody posted an inspirational speech here on sherdog a while back (or I think it was part of a video). And if I remember correctly I think it was a boxing themed speech. A black dude, a coach I think, talks about guys breaking down in his gym etc. Been looking for it for a while, any clues?

thanks

Was it Eric Thomas? I get stupid pumped listening about to that

From Teddy Atlas

"Do you want me to fight, huh, do you? Do you want me to change places with you...do you? Listen, this guy is finished. There comes a time in a man's life when he makes a decision...makes a decision to just live, survive. Or he wants to win. You're doing just enough to keep him off you and hope he leaves you alone.

You're lying to yourself, but you're gonna cry tomorrow! You're lying to yourself and I'd lie to you if I let you get away with that! You're gonna cry tomorrow because of this. Do you want to cry tomorrow, huh? Then don't lie to yourself. There's something wrong with this guy. Back him up and fight a full round."

Or one that's short and sharp - 'You're getting beat by a man with titties'

From Teddy Atlas

"Do you want me to fight, huh, do you? Do you want me to change places with you...do you? Listen, this guy is finished. There comes a time in a man's life when he makes a decision...makes a decision to just live, survive. Or he wants to win. You're doing just enough to keep him off you and hope he leaves you alone.

You're lying to yourself, but you're gonna cry tomorrow! You're lying to yourself and I'd lie to you if I let you get away with that! You're gonna cry tomorrow because of this. Do you want to cry tomorrow, huh? Then don't lie to yourself. There's something wrong with this guy. Back him up and fight a full round."

My favourite Atlas speech:

It's the fact that it has to be translated that makes it for me...

Back