Looking for a specific video

Gerbiljiujitsu

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I saw an instructional on a foot trip recently. It worked in gi and no gi and the guy instructing it included 5 or 6 demonstrations of him doing it live in competition. It was pretty cool.

I was skeptical of it's efficiency but started playing with it. It turned out to be amazing for me and really fit into my game and style. I want to find the video so that I can watch it again.

Basically in the video the guy explained that you wanted to match your front leg to theirs, reach and grab the top of their head, pull it towards you and then trip that front foot.

I've seen this takedown plenty of times, but never really set up like this (grabbing the top of the head).

Anyway, if you know what video I'm talking about could you link it please, thank you in advance!

This guy runs (and competes in) all the tournaments here in the Denver area. Very good Judo guy, also a brown belt in BJJ. I have actually seen him hit this live so hard that they guy went more than horizontal before hitting the mat. It's a wicked move against anyone not ready for it.

this is exactly the video I was looking for, thank you so much!

This guy runs (and competes in) all the tournaments here in the Denver area. Very good Judo guy, also a brown belt in BJJ. I have actually seen him hit this live so hard that they guy went more than horizontal before hitting the mat. It's a wicked move against anyone not ready for it.

I love watching him at the Fight to Win gigs. Seen him hit this a lot. Seths a pretty a cool dude from what i can tell too. Never thought about trying it for myself though, the wrestler in me seems to shy away from judoish takedowns and I don't even know why really haha

I love watching him at the Fight to Win gigs. Seen him hit this a lot. Seths a pretty a cool dude from what i can tell too. Never thought about trying it for myself though, the wrestler in me seems to shy away from judoish takedowns and I don't even know why really haha

It's pretty low risk. I've never been countered off a foot sweep in a BJJ match, the worst thing that happens is they fail. And I've hit some pretty ones.

And yeah, Seth is a pretty good dude. I missed a tournament once with injuries and he let me roll over my entry fee. He also continually invests in new equipment and tries to always run his tournaments better. They're better than most I've attended.

I'll probably have to fight him at some time. Even with my Judo BB, I plan to pull guard :)

I got splattened twice with this move this evening by a happy little fella half my size.

The little git.

Back