Looking for a new pair of boxing gloves

I've never used Venum, but to me it mostly looks like overpriced gaudy junk. I would go for Twins over Venum (since you said you're looking at Twins).

They are comparable price but most of my teammates have Venum and seem to like it. Never used Twins and nobody has them. Have you used them before?

They are comparable price but most of my teammates have Venum and seem to like it. Never used Twins and nobody has them. Have you used them before?
Yeah, I have used Twins and they were pretty good, but I personally found them too bulky.

If your team mates mostly own Venum, just try a pair and see what you think. Venum seems like overpriced Pakistani stuff to me, though.

Yeah, I have used Twins and they were pretty good, but I personally found them too bulky.

If your team mates mostly own Venum, just try a pair and see what you think. Venum seems like overpriced Pakistani stuff to me, though.
The Venum Giant 3.0 (I think that's the name) are made in Thailand. They are not bad. I bought a pair for a friend and he really liked them. Said they weren't very different from his Winnings in feel. I had a pair but sold them without using them because of the logo (bought them when they were on sale). I regret it.

The Venum Giant 3.0 (I think that's the name) are made in Thailand. They are not bad. I bought a pair for a friend and he really liked them. Said they weren't very different from his Winnings in feel. I had a pair but sold them without using them because of the logo (bought them when they were on sale). I regret it.

Yes, apparently that's true, the higher-end models are made in Thailand. I should judge by more than appearances. But they really do look like overpriced gaudy junk.

Yes, apparently that's true, the higher-end models are made in Thailand. I should judge by more than appearances. But they really do look like overpriced gaudy junk.
For a while the Venum Giant 3.0s were going for $50. Picked up three pairs; sold two and gave one away. From what I could tell they felt like quality. Didn't use them, though. They've got great reviews, too.

For a while the Venum Giant 3.0s were going for $50. Picked up three pairs; sold two and gave one away. From what I could tell they felt like quality. Didn't use them, though. They've got great reviews, too.

In Australia the retail price is around 150-160AUD, I think - so roughly 110USD. That seems really high to me... then again lots of boxing gear is pretty expensive in Australia. But I've never used any Venum gloves; for all I know they might be worth it even at that high price.

I have 2 pairs of Twins. I really like them. Like people have said though, they are really bulky. When sparring Muay Thai clinch work can be a bit problematic I found because the gloves are so bulky. Sparring partners like them though for the soft padding.

Also looking at Twins as a possibility

With Twins you know your getting a good product with Venum not so much, A lot of people get them for their graphics, there’s one particular model Imve seen in a few countdown reviews but I can’t recall the exact name but I havn’t found any real personal reviews to back them up. Speaking of guys buying them for their looks, that’s what you mostly see on Streetbeefs those backyards fights on Youtube lol some colorful Venums and cheaper Everlast models.

Since your aiming for Thai brands you can always go for some Windys they’re the Reyelast of Thai brands (aaah you like what i did there) they’ve got the legacy and name like Everlast but are more durable, with dense, rougher padding and a classic looking logo like Reyes. Except you get them from $60-$70 something Everlast of that price range and your trying to break your hand like I messed up my left hand on my middle knuckle. Im sure Twins, Boom and Fairtex will do as well but I’ve never tried those.

I have 2 pairs of Twins. I really like them. Like people have said though, they are really bulky. When sparring Muay Thai clinch work can be a bit problematic I found because the gloves are so bulky. Sparring partners like them though for the soft padding.

Sounds good to me, I'm looking for 16s for sparring and bag work. When I fight in Muay Thai matches I wear a smaller size glove (oz wise) regardless so the clinch work issue isnt huge for me. Thank you for the input.

Venum elite were on sale for $59 down from $80 on BJJHQ this weekend. The Muay Thai gods answered my prayers!

Venum elite were on sale for $59 down from $80 on BJJHQ this weekend. The Muay Thai gods answered my prayers!
cool, let us know your thoughts on them, the RateThisGear guy on Youtube warned that the thumb would need a lot of breaking in time

cool, let us know your thoughts on them, the RateThisGear guy on Youtube warned that the thumb would need a lot of breaking in time

Guess I won't be wearing them at my fight next weekend then lol

You might be right, estimated delivery is Friday. People used to talk bad about the Triumph ones I got 8 years ago but they were solid for me. Still would be except the leather finally frayed on the thumb and the foam is exposed now, hence my need for a new pair

Apparently, Loma is using Venum now. I wonder if there was some kind of falling out with Russ Anber.

Soon Venum will be touted as the hottest new boxing glove brand. Just you wait and see.

Apparently, Loma is using Venum now. I wonder if there was some kind of falling out with Russ Anber.

Soon Venum will be touted as the hottest new boxing glove brand. Just you wait and see.

Interesting, Rival is still selling "Loma" gloves last time I looked

Do you mean because those had some connection to Robert Guerrero? As I don't think they did.. as he was sponsored by Ringside. I might be misunderstanding you though..
Oh, no. I'm just saying that the names of their gloves seem to be completely independent of the boxer they're named after...

Back