Looking for a new pair of boxing gloves

BCNASH

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have had a pair of triumph gloves that have lasted me for 8 years and only cost me $60 so I definitely got my moneys worth, but now they are falling apart. My wife had bought me a pair of ringside gloves before I went overseas for a deployment and the foam separated and took a shit after 5 months. I am looking for opinions on good quality gloves that will last and won't cost me an arm and a leg; they don't make the glove I use right now anymore so that is no longer an option. Any suggestions?

Any specific make of them? The ones I can get at Wal Mart obviously arent the way to go. How long have they lasted for you?

The ones I have I got from Model's. Now I am not a serious boxer or anything. Every now and then I go to gym and hit bags. But they lasted me forever. Only the crappy bag broke.

Got ya. I use mine 3-4 days a week.

I have had a pair of triumph gloves that have lasted me for 8 years and only cost me $60 so I definitely got my moneys worth, but now they are falling apart. My wife had bought me a pair of ringside gloves before I went overseas for a deployment and the foam separated and took a shit after 5 months. I am looking for opinions on good quality gloves that will last and won't cost me an arm and a leg; they don't make the glove I use right now anymore so that is no longer an option. Any suggestions?

Go to the gear section, they have a lot of knowhow and reviews on gloves.

I personally have Rival RS11v and a Fairtex BGV-1 and I do KB/MT. Both good gloves, former for boxing and latter for KB or MT. Go with latter for combined bag/pad/sparring. The Rivals are meant for Sparring so the padding will degrade under heavy bag use. IMO the Rivals are better but pricier and the Fairtex has beautiful leather.

For KB/MT, the big Thai brands (Twins, & Fairtex, Top Kings) are pretty safe. My gloves prior was a basic Twins velcros.

I would avoid Everlast, unless you're willing to buy a really expensive high-end model (which you're not). And I'd also avoid Title.

Fairfax and Rival make some good quality gloves at reasonable prices. If you're able to pay a bit more, then you should consider Cleto Reyes.

You might also want to consider the quite reasonably priced stock models from Topboxer and UMA.

I bet you had the Heat seeker model.

If I was you, i would wait a bit because Triumph United will release a Winning type of glove this year and they should be pretty good.

Review is forthcoming, but so far I can recommend the Everlast Elite training gloves. They are initially stiff as hell, but once broken in they're quite comfortable and the padding looks so far to be durable.

Edit: Not the 'prostyle,' but the Everlast Elite Training. I grabbed a pair at $70 shipped when there was a 50% sale.

I really like Venum boxing gloves, great for sparring. I prefer stiffer gloves for bag and pad work

The Ringside gloves that fell apart were probably cheap moulded foam/IMF gloves. What's your budget?

Ring to Cage make a good glove for 100USD, the C17 2.0. TopBoxer have a very nice stock option glove, the Win1, at 110USD shipped. That said, I do some work for TopBoxer now so there's potential bias in the recommendation. Can't go much wrong with picking up a glove made by a Thai brand either, e.g. Twins, Fairtex etc.

The Ringside gloves that fell apart were probably cheap moulded foam/IMF gloves. What's your budget?

Ring to Cage make a good glove for 100USD, the C17 2.0. TopBoxer have a very nice stock option glove, the Win1, at 110USD shipped. That said, I do some work for TopBoxer now so there's potential bias in the recommendation. Can't go much wrong with picking up a glove made by a Thai brand either, e.g. Twins, Fairtex etc.
Probably looking to spend $100 tops, I'm in escrow to buy a house and money will be kind of tight for a bit due to closing costs and all that coming out of pocket.

Are you able comment on the C17 vs a Rival RS/RB11? I don't recall if you've had a Rival glove. Want to get a baseline.

Are you able comment on the C17 vs a Rival RS/RB11? I don't recall if you've had a Rival glove. Want to get a baseline.
I've never owned a Rival glove. They're more expensive here in the UK than they are in the US/CA too. On the Rival US website their RB11 gloves are 130USD whereas in the UK the RB11 are 165USD.

I hope you dont mind me hijacking the thread (currently can't make my own because of not being approved yet). I'm looking for gloves as my pair is getting worn and they cost like 30$ 5-7 years ago (I haven't used them much in that time, only 5 months back roughly). I only have 2 real vendors in my country I can choose from.

https://www.jabb.se/category/boxning-thaiboxning
and
https://budofitness.se/kampsport-produkter/handskar/boxningshandskar.html

I'm currently looking at Hayabusa T3 gloves partly because of the wrist support but also they have great reviews on their website.

Based on these two websites, any suggestions on gloves? (Possibly planning on buying 2 sets of gloves for bag and sparring so wouldn't hurt if it was on the cheaper side)

Ty

UMA makes a real good glove and their stock gloves are priced well. I really like Twins as well. Good quality for the price but kind of bulky.

I have Rival gloves and find them okay. Not worth the cost in my opinion.

That's the one I couldn't remember: R2C!

Anybody have any opinions on the Venum stuff? I just tried out some Sanabul Thai style gloves last practice and they were super tight on my hand, so those are out.

Also looking at Twins as a possibility

Anybody have any opinions on the Venum stuff? I just tried out some Sanabul Thai style gloves last practice and they were super tight on my hand, so those are out.

I've never used Venum, but to me it mostly looks like overpriced gaudy junk. I would go for Twins over Venum (since you said you're looking at Twins).

Back