Looking for a good, inexpensive gear bag...

beeran1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations? I've seen some that I like, but they're like $50 and up.

EDIT: to be more specific, I am looking for a bag that will hold my BJJ stuff (gi, etc.). I have a mesh bag for my gloves, headgear, etc. (thanks for the suggestion, though).

Last edited:
I actually went to the dollar store and bought a mesh drawstring laundry bag. It's held up for awhile now.

MMAStandup Clothing and Gear

These guys will actually do something custom with your name on it etc...of course it will have their logo or whatever on it as well, but some of their shirts and hoodies look pretty pimp IMO.

walmart, i got one for twelve bucks and holds a crap load of stuff with a million pockets. one gi, hand wraps, thai shorts, two pairs of shin guards, bag gloves, sparring gloves, mouth guard focus mitts.... and i think a couple of other things. what im saying is you will get a bag for twelve bucks that will work jsut as well as a bag that has a name on it for fifty to sixty. the only nice thing i have seen in gear bags are some have a shoe compartment and one has a spot to put wet cloths and it wont soak through

check title for their 50% everlast sale they have it every couple months, i bought that big everlast gear bag for $25

I agree with mike, I got mine from walmart, holds my gi, belt, powerade, rashguard, plenty of stuff for a class and it was like 12 bucks. I don't see the point of expensive bags. I think if you play a sport that really has a TON of gear (ie hockey) it makes sense, but how much space does a gi really take up?

Back