Looking back, Conor's path to a string of victories and success was meticulously crafted like..

Yeah I think this is standard for anyone the UFC sees as having star potential..thing is the fighter has to live up to his end of the bargain in this process, Conor not only lived up to it, he took that opportunity and ran with it.

A lot of us pointed that out at the time.

Anyways, they're doing similar with Adesanya.

Last edited:
But nobody complains about building up a boxer to be a star with a padded 20-0 record full of bums...

Getting a title shot after fighting Siver is a joke
but Mendes was not his fault because Aldo pulled out last minute, he could have pulled out too but he didn't
Getting a title shot after going 1-1 against Nate at catchweight was also a joke, especially considering he got choked out the first time and also looked like garbo the second fight

Please, Chad had what 10 days to train? Sure Conor took him on short notice but at least he was training for a fight.

Chad did great until he gassed because he had no camp. Plus Conor was fighting midgets lol.

In addition, Holloway and Brandao were winnable matchups considering Brandao had few meaningful wins at the time and was coming off of a loss, and Holloway was nowhere near the force he is today.

Holloway and Brandao were replacements for Andy Ogle and Cole Miller respectively. So please do not talk about them in the context of Conor getting favouritism by the UFC cause that's clearly crazy considering they were better than the guys they replaced.

We'd never see the end of threads like this if Conor had Ogle and Miller on his resume instead of Holloway and Brandao.

I'm so glad the Conor delusion is over.

Dude (t)KOes Mendes, Aldo, Alvarez and he's not good. Ok then...

He is not the GOAT but haters need to give him a break too.

He will forever live in your head though, as evident from your av.
Yeah, looks like you got it all figured out there, Sigmund Fraud.;)

yeah that undefeated at FW for like a fucking decade FW Goat Jose Aldo was just a lamb to the slaughter.

Max Holloway was a legit prospect.

Dustin Porier was far from a gimmie.

Mendes was short notice and the best decorated wrestler in the division by far, and before that fight people were saying he would never fight a wrestler.

Eddie Alvarez was a favorable matchup, yeah, but he was the legit champ. McGregor was going to fight RDA but Alvarez nuked him.

Looking back, Conor's path to a string of victories and success was the product of a meticulous, subtle process of masterful matchmaking craftsmanship, like the brewing of the finest whiskey where a series of well-planned fermentation and distillation of hand-selected ingredients, infusion of flavors, and fancy bottling that took a standard product and successfully marketed it as premium quality.

20130405100017_DSC004062.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

aldomcgregorstaredown.jpg

Eddie-Alvarez-and-Conor-McGregor-UFC-205-staredown.jpg

094_Conor_McGregor_vs_Eddie_Alvarez.0.0.jpg
B2B2F645-FFB1-4986-8374-BCCB8A29DBED.gif

Yes because taking Chad Mendes on 11 days notice is real hand selected

If anybody wants to give this man any credit, JUST REMEMBER - he TRULY believed that the UFC were trying to make Conor look brave by having him "accept" a fight with Khabib, just for them to pull him out of the fight so that we would get Khabib vs Tony at UFC 229. He's full of shit, just like his dog shit threads.
lol, seems youre the fool. chad took conor on 10 days notice, colon was preparing the entire time, had a full camp, and chad still had his way with him. get off his jock already loser.

You're an idiot.

By posting ridiculous elementary shit like this, you're literally shitting on great fighters such as Aldo, Alvarez, and Mendes.

MMA fans need to be wiped out by an asteroid and need to start over.[/QUOTE

Literally???

Even by sherdog standards, this is high level :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ary

His legit to wins are against Aldo and Alvarez.

Mendes was short notice and gassed. I'd love to see a rematch against Mendes with a full camp of prep. Conor was getting owned in that fight until Mendes gassed. Mendes was even landing on Conor being a shorter fighter, with shorter arms, and primarily a wrestling background...

Alvarez never looked good in his UFC career. He also had the worst gameplan for that fight that i've ever seen. I'd say Eddie handed him that fight more than Conor supposedly dominating the entire thing. Eddie was content to stand with Conor and let Conor be at his strongest... Considering how Eddie fought against Pettis, I know he could do better against Conor. I don't need to see a rematch for this fight, I think Eddie's best days are long behind him, but I still think he would do better in a rematch if he was smart about it.

Aldo was a legit win, but it was so short we never got to see how their skills truly matched up. Pretty dumb for someone like Aldo to lunge forward, especially since he's always been more of a slow starter. Great win for Conor, but still doesn't show a whole lot. Again, I'd love to see a rematch.

I'd love to see a Holloway rematch since he's not even close to the same fighter he was, but that won't happen.

I'd also love to see him fight Edgar, but that also won't happen, at least at 145.

Conor isn't coming back to 145, it's a shame we won't get to see any rematches since he abandoned the weight class as soon as he won the title. Zero defenses, he wasn't keen on cleaning out the division with multiple title defenses. Get in, get rich, get out. That's always been Conor's thing.

Back