looking back at gsp s resume

He literally beat all the champs from all the other major orgs and the previous ufc ww goat, and you say he didn't beat champ level guys

<WhatIsThis>

Fedor has a top 5 win against Heath Herring. Enough said.

And LOOLLLLL boooooohooooooooo Fedor's win against the ultimate beast that is Brett Rogers didn't count as a top 5 win!!!! Are you really surprised?

And i doubt AA was still ranked at number 2 after he lost to Fedor in less than a round.

Heath Herring had wins over Kerr (previously ranked #1) and Igor. His ranking was justified, unlike Diaz's, or Koscheck, or Hardy, who had no top 5 wins.

It's not the fact that Rogers wasn't ranked top 5, realistically he wasn't, but neither was Hardy, and yet he was ranked #4. I'm just showing you how generous WW was compared to HW. Rogers had a top 5 win. Hardy did not. If Rogers wasn't ranked top 5, then neither should have been Hardy.

According to Fight Matrix

Hardy defeated #4 Swick
Kocheck defeated #3 Sanchez
Diaz defeated #4 Penn

You can call it "generous" but that is just your bias talking. Welterweight was a shark tank and GSP ruled them all. 16 top 5 wins is absurd no matter how you slice it.

Heath Herring had wins over Kerr (previously ranked #1) and Igor. His ranking was justified, unlike Diaz's, or Koscheck, or Hardy, who had no top 5 wins.

It's not the fact that Rogers wasn't ranked top 5, realistically he wasn't, but neither was Hardy, and yet he was ranked #4. I'm just showing you how generous WW was compared to HW. Rogers had a top 5 win. Hardy did not. If Rogers wasn't ranked top 5, then neither should have been Hardy.

HArdy was on a 7 fights win streak, including 4 in the ufc with wins over Swick, Davis and Gono.

Kherr wasnt number 1 he had just lost before losing again to Herring. HErring was 3-2 in his last 5 before facing Fedor. If anything HArdy deserved a top 5 ranking more than Herring.

And even if you try to nitpick and don't count GSP's top 5 wins over Hardy and Serra, he still has twice the amount of top 5 wins than Fedor has.

HArdy was on a 7 fights win streak, including 4 in the ufc with wins over Swick, Davis and Gono.

Kherr wasnt number 1 he had just lost before losing again to Herring. HErring was 3-2 in his last 5 before facing Fedor. If anything HArdy deserved a top 5 ranking more than Herring.

And even if you try to nitpick and don't count GSP's top 5 wins over Hardy and Serra, he still has twice the amount of top 5 wins than Fedor has.

Rogers had an undefeated record of 10-0, with a top 2 win. He had a higher ranked win and a larger win streak. How is that not better than Hardy?

I didn't say Kerr was #1, I said he was previously ranked #1. He was a top win for Heath and so was Igor. Also, the fact that you have to go all the way back to 2002, when HW had not peaked, is very telling.

It's not just Hardy and Serra. It's also Diaz, who didn't have any top 5 wins. Koscheck was also top 5 and he had no top wins. Same with Sherk. Condit was #6 before he even had top wins.

That division was handing gift wrapped ranking spots. It was an extremely generous division. HW was way tougher. You have the Rogers example, but there's also Hunt, who defeated top 5 Mirko and still he didn't touch the top 5.

Back