looking back at gsp s resume

They weren’t champ material because gsp beat them and beat them thoroughly. Look at the p4p lists at the time gsp was fighting. Most were in the top 10-15 at the time gsp beat them. So he wasn’t just beating guys that were there, but had earned shots and on impressive wins streaks or near top of career

Usman only beat interim champ Colby and Woodley. If I'm not mistaken, so that's a lot less than GSP, if we're talking UFC champs. Oh and RDA.

Lol cool jokes.

Everyone sucks. We all can play this gsme.

Fedor sucks
Jones sucks
Aldo sucks
GSP sucks
Silva sucks
MM sucks
Khabib sucks

All overrated just like all their wins.

We get it...
actually jones , fedor and anderson had far better runs and performances

GSP's WW division was extremely generous ranking wise, which allowed him to fight many overranked people and thus, many think he fought great competition, when in reality, he fought just a few great fighters.

The fact that Hardy was ranked #4, and that he got that ranking spot after beating Mike Swick, should tell you how easy it was to become top 5 at WW back then.

I’m not even a GSP nutthugger, but I think you’re a moron. How about you proof read that word salad before you post awful threads. Shit practically illegible.
not as mutch as nick diaz,carlos condit,matt hughes,matt serra, koscheck and bisping lol

GSP's WW division was extremely generous ranking wise, which allowed him to fight many overranked people and thus, many think he fought great competition, when in reality, he fought just a few great fighters.

The fact that Hardy was ranked #4, and that he got that ranking spot after beating Mike Swick, should tell you how easy it was to become top 5 at WW back then.
matt serra also had a journeyman s resume at the time he made gsp tap to strikes same as kos faking shit against daley and ww rumble then you have nick diaz who is one of the most overrated figthers of all times and was beating him on the feet probably his best wins and shields and condit

TS names a bunch of fighters GSP fought in championship matches, claims they aren't championship level, LMAO. I think TS got dropped on his head as a baby.
your a champion level figther when you become a champion if not you are a contender

matt serra also had a journeyman s resume at the time he made gsp tap to strikes same as kos faking shit against daley and ww rumble then you have nick diaz who is one of the most overrated figthers of all times and was beating him on the feet probably his best wins and shields and condit

The fact that Serra is counted as a top 5 win for GSP is hilarious. The only reason Serra became top 5, was because of GSP. Also, Nick Diaz didn't have a top win in 6 years. Then he decisioned #9 BJ Penn and voilá he became top 5, even after losing to Condit.

GSP's top 5 wins are about the worst indicator for quality you could get.

Once Usman's opponents go on losing streaks and get cut by the UFC, none of his wins will be considered good either.

This is (one of the reasons) why it's pointless to make this comparison right now.

Once Burns loses 4 straight and gets cut, people on Sherdog will be hyping the next guy saying that Usman only fought bums.

i said most excluding the ones that were ufc champs like hendriks hughes and bisping
Well no, here is what you actually said:
who would you call his best wins
shields , finch , hughes , koscheck , diaz , condit ,hendricks(robbery) bisping most of those guys weren t championship level figthers and bj and serra were very undersized
On that list, obviously Hughes, Condit, Bisping, Hendricks, and BJ held titles in the UFC. Fitch, Shields and Diaz held titles outside the UFC. Sherk also held a title. There’s plenty of championship level fighters on GSP’s resume. Hell, Trigg had a WFA title, if we care about that.

I'll just quote myself and do the minimal effort for this troll thread <Lmaoo>:

GSP has 9 more top ten wins at Welterweight than Usman.

/thread

57% of Usman's top ten wins were against former Lightweights, just a FYI.
tenor (6).gif

Well no, here is what you actually said:

On that list, obviously Hughes, Condit, Bisping, Hendricks, and BJ held titles in the UFC. Fitch, Shields and Diaz held titles outside the UFC. Sherk also held a title. There’s plenty of championship level fighters on GSP’s resume. Hell, Trigg had a WFA title, if we care about that.
Just arguing with a troll who has zero desire to have a serious conversation, bud.

When a guy names the guys he named then says basically none are good and a not even top5 win of GSP's is what he called his best win shows how little he knows about MMA.

Hell, Jake Shields beat Dan Henderson who KTFO'ed Fedor so I am not sure why he is downplaying these guys.

Some trolls, well most of them here are too stupid to see how they downplay their own mancrushes when they downplay GSP in most cases. It's quite funny.

Just arguing with a troll who has zero desire to have a serious conversation, bud.

When a guy names the guys he named then says basically none are good and a not even top5 win of GSP's is what he called his best win shows how little he knows about MMA.

Hell, Jake Shields beat Dan Henderson who KTFO'ed Fedor so I am not sure why he is downplaying these guys.

Some trolls, well most of them here are too stupid to see how they downplay their own mancrushes when they downplay GSP in most cases. It's quite funny.
that s because jake shields is his best win along side condit as i said adove the others not so mutch

on paper, GSP's best win is jake shields. shields is consistently underrated by sherdog. people forget this guy dominated TRT henderson

but that's one of GSP's worst performances.

the yan finch fight is probably his best win

Back