Looking at Shields' actions and his history

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Readybodisready, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Readybodisready

Readybodisready Red Belt

Since everybody is doing it to bash Palhares, why don't we do the same for Shields? Lets take a look at his sportsmanship history.

First the things he said before the fight:
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/2...o-try-to-break-one-of-rousimar-palhares-bones
    Jake Shields: I'm going to 'try to break' one of Rousimar Palhares' bones
    Ironic isn't it? But lets just conveniently ignore that one.

He poked GSP's eyes so many times he nearly ruined his eyesight permanently. And those were blatant pokes coming off of strikes. Not what Jake CLAIMED Palhares was doing. I was watching it on the big screen and never saw any fingers going into his eyes, and terrible ref was only warning Palhares when Jake was throwing a hissy fit. Shields' eyes were fine and his swelling was clearly from punches he was taking to the face.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So that's his history in fights. Also if you're still wondering about how classy Jake is, take a look at the right and remember that moment of class.
    [​IMG]

Karma. No mercy or sympathy, and his behavior after the fight with the sucker punch and upkick attempt, cussing and flipping the bird etc. seals it. That leaves Shields with no room to complain over holding the kimura a second too long.

And LOL @ people claiming Palhares tried to break it. You have no idea how easily Palhares could have snapped that arm if he really wanted to. Shields sucker punched him with that arm about one second later and he had no lasting injuries.

Shields is a sore loser. He tried to LNP a submission master, trained so hard to avoid being caught and still got tapped. That's the reason for his behavior.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. chickenlip

chickenlip Navy blue belt

The Mayberry lounge by way of Staten Island, NY
    Not to say that Shields is innocent but Palhaeres is notorious for not letting go of subs. To the point where he was cut from the UFC. Not taking sides but Shields is a minor violator compared to Paul Harris

3. Readybodisready

Readybodisready Red Belt

Minor? I hardly knew her. No Shields almost permanently blinded GSP's eye(s) effectively almost ending his career and affecting his quality of life forever. He's in the same boat except worse, I'm sure most people would take an injury that affects your athletic career over going through life with only 1 working eye.

4. HelloJapan

HelloJapan Talking loud and saying nothing. Platinum Member

Yeah how about that amazing sub, thing of beauty. All the other BS has been (and will be) beaten to death.

5. Readybodisready

Readybodisready Red Belt

6. TobikanJudan94

TobikanJudan94 Never be game over

Why you just didn't post "I hate Jake Shields"? That would have saved you a lot of time. Nobody is a fan of Shields.

Would you enlight me of Drwal unsportmanship history or pre-fight talk that lead to that crap?

Fitch unsportmanship history and pre-fight talk that lead to that crap?

Pierce unsportmanship history and pre-fight talk that lead to that crap?

Helio Dipp unsportmanship history and pre-fight talk that lead to that crap?

Very curious.

7. dipstickjimmy

dipstickjimmy Black Belt

Pre fight talk and in ring actions are completely different. Eye pokes in a fight happen and most often they are accidental. There are a list of fighters who have poked their opponents in the eye a mile long. Difference is there is only 1 fighter who was cut from the UFC for holding a sub too long Intentionally. A fighter who is in their prime and has championship potential gets cut from the UFC after Repeated offences in the Octagon only to go on to another organization and become their champion and repeat the offence again and there are still idiots who defend and make excuses???

Sheilds is no saint and that can be debated but Paul Harris should never be licensed by the NSAC again.

8. PrincesaZelda

PrincesaZelda White Belt

I'm not excusing Palhares, but this was immediately the first thing I thought of when I heard Shields complaining about eye pokes. I still think Palhares was wrong, but damn.

9. Fight Professor

Fight Professor Gold Belt

I thought the same exact thing.

10. InfinityLens

InfinityLens Black Belt

Yeah let's compare Sheilds smack talk with with Paul Harris actually injuring people's limbs.

Paul Harris to 1C! Hey at least it will give a defining test to Askren.

11. Phrozenspite

Phrozenspite Black Belt

12. Roger FedorAIR

Roger FedorAIR It ain't easy being white Senior Moderator

Cry more why don't you. Jesus