Looking at .380 handguns....

California blows.

I went to get an AK 74 clone and took one look at the abortions against the walls in the shop, no thanks, stripper clip fed? Really. What is this 1941?

Welcome to California. It's sh*t over here.

I really don't get his reasoning either, but it works for me since it'll be a gift, and I have a taste for smaller handguns. He basically thinks it's better because it's less lethal. He's one of those people who has a fear of guns. He'd rather me have a taser.

Oh well, let's just hope that no drugged up bad guy with a couple of .380 rounds in the belly manage to reach you, beat you up, steal your gun and shoot with your own gun.

Oh well, let's just hope that no drugged up bad guy with a couple of .380 rounds in the belly manage to reach you, beat you up, steal your gun and shoot with your own gun.

I shoot head first.

I really don't get his reasoning either, but it works for me since it'll be a gift, and I have a taste for smaller handguns. He basically thinks it's better because it's less lethal. He's one of those people who has a fear of guns. He'd rather me have a taser.

I don't know a way to say this and not seem like a dick, but your boyfriend's retarded advice might get you killed.
Your boyfriend reminds me of the parents who deny their child proper treatment when they have cancer, because they believe some natural vodoo shaman-like ritual will sort it out.

I don't know a way to say this and not seem like a dick, but your boyfriend's retarded advice might get you killed.
Your boyfriend reminds me of the parents who deny their child proper treatment when they have cancer, because they believe some natural vodoo shaman-like ritual will sort it out.

He just has a fear of guns. Justified since the majority of his family is from Sinaloa, Mexico and alot of his family have been killed in gun fights.

Why don't you go for a SW9VE? Yea, I know someone will say, just a cheap Glock 17 rip off but I have one, and besides the trigger pull (which I've gotten used to), I love the damn thing. Reliable as fuck. No failure to feeds. 300 bucks with a 50 dollar rebate or two extra mags. You can't beat that. Plus, you save in the long run with 9mm over 380 anyways.

The PK380 is pretty sweet but the lack of a slide lock and that damn proprietary key, I passed on it.

Why don't you go for a SW9VE? Yea, I know someone will say, just a cheap Glock 17 rip off but I have one, and besides the trigger pull (which I've gotten used to), I love the damn thing. Reliable as fuck. No failure to feeds. 300 bucks with a 50 dollar rebate or two extra mags. You can't beat that. Plus, you save in the long run with 9mm over 380 anyways.

The PK380 is pretty sweet but the lack of a slide lock and that damn proprietary key, I passed on it.

I considered the Sigma, but I actually kind of wanted a more compact gun. I ended up going with the Kahr CW9. May only hold seven rounds and come with one mag, but it's thing, has a great grip, and from what I've been hearing, has tremendous quality. I've heard that besides the trigger pull the Sigma is good, but I would've rather gone for the SD9 as opposed to the Sigma. Better trigger, same good reliability, and only $386 at Buds Gun Shop. Had I known they were going to lower the price on it that much I probably would've gone with it as opposed to the Kahr actually.... Oh well.

The PK380 does have the disadvantage of needing a key to takedown. That kind of pissed me off, to the point where I just decided screw it, I'll go with the 9mm thats the same size without that problem. My dads giving me alot of Cor Bon 9mm ammo with it so the break in period shouldn't be a pricey problem.

man, I hated my sigma. But I did a trigger job on it and it was 10 times better after. i suggest you do the same.

Here's a good tutorial, but I suggest removing the pig tail spring and outer spring completely. All you need is the thinner inner spring. It's tricky to put it back in, but once you've done it, it's good to go.

Kel-Tec P3AT (cheapest)
Ruger LCP
S&W Bodyguard .380 (comes with a laser, no CT grip needed)

Glock does make a .380, but it's only sold in countries where it's illegal to own a 9mm.

Kel-Tec P3AT (cheapest)
Ruger LCP

Glock does make a .380, but it's only sold in countries where it's illegal to own a 9mm.

LCP is my top choice as far as a smaller .380, but unfortunately, it's illegal in California, as are most compact .380's.

LCP is my top choice as far as a smaller .380, but unfortunately, it's illegal in California, as are most compact .380's.
It's illegal to own a .380 mouse gun? That's ridiculous (even for CA).
.380 gets a lot of hate too, but I think it's perfectly fine for defense. Any encounter is gonna be within 3-7 feet. I don't think a couple of 90gr fmjs in the chest or face would feel good to even the biggest dude.
The only negative is that you really have to break them in with 200 or so rounds at the range.

Kel-Tec P3AT (cheapest)
Ruger LCP

My father picked up the S&W Bodyguard .380.

I messed around with it a bit, nice little piece.

DSC09175.JPG

Ya, I second the S&W bodyguard. I will be getting myself one as well. I would however say that the Taurus TCP > than the ruger lcp. I just flat didnt like the way the LCP felt.

Ya, I second the S&W bodyguard. I will be getting myself one as well. I would however say that the Taurus TCP > than the ruger lcp. I just flat didnt like the way the LCP felt.

The TCP would be better if it could fire a full magazine without FTF's or FTE's.

It's illegal to own a .380 mouse gun? That's ridiculous (even for CA).
.380 gets a lot of hate too, but I think it's perfectly fine for defense. Any encounter is gonna be within 3-7 feet. I don't think a couple of 90gr fmjs in the chest or face would feel good to even the biggest dude.
The only negative is that you really have to break them in with 200 or so rounds at the range.

California standards are ridiculous. The LCP would've been perfect to fit into my new leather jacket's hidden inside pocket too. They'd be the two things I'd never leave home without :D

The only stupid law we have here in GA is that you have to have some kind of holster.

Back