Look what I got from Ross

Thanks for posting this, Clamp.

I just picked up the camo Tapout board shorts for 17.99. I normally wouldn't buy Tapout (I just don't want to be percieved as one of "those guys") and I don't like the lack of the elastic waist, but I'm just starting my mma training on a budget and won't argue with 17.99. I've already got a good pair of TITLE MMA shorts, but now I have a spare set. :D

Thanks for posting this, Clamp.

I just picked up the camo Tapout board shorts for 17.99. I normally wouldn't buy Tapout (I just don't want to be percieved as one of "those guys") and I don't like the lack of the elastic waist, but I'm just starting my mma training on a budget and won't argue with 17.99. I've already got a good pair of TITLE MMA shorts, but now I have a spare set. :D

Congratulations...you have inadvertently become one of "those guys".

Congratulations...you have inadvertently become one of "those guys".

Whatever, man. $45+ for mma shorts takes a little bit of food off the table. I have no problem abandoning my principles for a good bargain. Now if I start wearing them outside of the gym, throw on some shirts that have wings and goat skulls on them, and addsome shitty sunglasses AND a tapout hat, then I'd be more worried.

Whatever, man. $45+ for mma shorts takes a little bit of food off the table.

Understandable.

I have no problem abandoning my principles for a good bargain.

This is the part that makes you "that guy"...Tapout is an MMA brand, so why is it a stretch of your principles to buy and wear it when you either train/fight/watch MMA.

If you just didn't like the brand then it wouldn't matter how discounted the price was...you just wouldn't buy it. You could buy regular "surfing" brand board shorts at Ross for the same price as the Tapouts you bought. So something must have appealed about the item you purchased with your hard earned money.

Like I said before, it is now almost as douchy to knock Tapout than be the guy who is wearing it pretending to be a badass...If you are comfortable with yourself..who the fuck cares!

I went to a nearby Ross and they had the green tapout shorts and a sparse selection of tapout shirts. To be honest, the shorts are pretty bad quality. They are definitely not on par with the quality of retail tapout shorts, they are plain green with a really bad white screened print. Same with the t-shirts, they are not what you would normally find from tapout, they are probably some kind of batch that did not end up being released.

Back