Longer rounds?

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed alot over the years. But i really don't think 5 minutes is enough to get in your groove and stretch your game out. Momentum shifts can be pretty frustrating sometimes.

I would love it if they changed it to 6 minute rounds instead. Atleast for main events. 1 minute is a big difference.

What do you think?

I feel 5 minutes is fine, if they got 6 minutes then people would want 7,8,9 etc.
Adding an extra minute in a main event fight would equal adding a whole other round in time.

If be in favor of a 10min 1st round, and a 5min 2nd. Pride style.

Just one round 15 minues :D championship rounds are 25 minutes.

Sonnen had it right. 5x5 rounds are far too long. Everyone feels like the have to pace themselves, especially champions who have a lot to lose & are constantly up against the best opponents who r very hard to finish

Condit VS Hendricks was a great fight. Probably would have stunk over 5rounds

Yeah, I guess. That minute makes all the difference,

PRIDE had it right with 10 minute first round and then rounds 2 and 3, 5 minutes.

10 minutes gives guys plenty of time to feel each other out and set the pace. Rounds 2 and 3 then more accurately determine who is winning a fight.

Sonnen had it right. 5x5 rounds are far too long. Everyone feels like the have to pace themselves, especially champions who have a lot to lose & are constantly up against the best opponents who r very hard to finish

Condit VS Hendricks was a great fight. Probably would have stunk over 5rounds

Of course Sonnen would say that. He would be the former champion right now if his first fight with Silva was 2 minutes shorter.

I think Condit/Hendricks would be even better over the course of 5 rounds. Condit had him and Hendrucks was in total beast mode in that one. Miss that guy.

i always thought 5 5 minute rounds for non championship and 7 5 minute rounds for championship. of course this means longer fights that could be boring. i just always compare to boxing which is 36 minutes of fighting plus 12 minutes inbetween each round. fights like weidman machida would have benefited tremendously going 7 rounds. as well as jones cormier, or hendricks lawler 2.

i love the pride rules too but ufc too stubborn to do that.

10 minute first round would be great, for sure.

i always thought 5 5 minute rounds for non championship and 7 5 minute rounds for championship. of course this means longer fights that could be boring. i just always compare to boxing which is 36 minutes of fighting plus 12 minutes inbetween each round. fights like weidman machida would have benefited tremendously going 7 rounds. as well as jones cormier, or hendricks lawler 2.

i love the pride rules too but ufc too stubborn to do that.

Yeah but boxing isn't anything like as taxing as MMA. You don't have to grapple or carry someone else's weight, which can be truly exhausting. Its far more 1paced

People are underestimating just how long 5minutes is

Made me think of this.

post-4209-0-61561400-1415896763.jpg

10 and 5 seemed to work fine.

Yeah but boxing isn't anything like as taxing as MMA. You don't have to grapple or carry someone else's weight, which can be truly exhausting. Its far more 1paced

People are underestimating just how long 5minutes is

agree. i think most 125-185ers could handle it. 205 and up would be quite the task.. especially heavyweight. imagine guys like shawn jordan and big country going that long lmao

Back