Long Time Boxer SayF,owner of Ummah Fight Camp breaks down why Conor CAN BEAT Floyd. 60/40 for Conor

No, too many are falling into your line of thinking

And I admit, its an easy trap to fall into or get stuck on

"Bu but if the best pro-boxers couldnt beat Floyd, what makes you think Conor could do anything"

The point is, one of Conor's biggest advantages would be that he has a legit boxing base, legit boxing skill, yet is NOT a traditional boxer...plus has MORE REACH then Floyd

I detailed everything in the OP

People really need to read the OP

Last time I will respond to posts like this. Sinply refer back to the OP

Also, lets not pretend like Floyd beat any of those elite boxers IN THEIR PRIME...Floyd IS KNOWN for being boxing's greatest cherry picker among actual boxing insiders.

I read your OP but unfortunately any way you try to rationalize it or come up with any type of way Conor can win its just a NO.

Yes, this a case of if the best boxers in the world cant beat him....Conor wont stand a chance. It comes down to skill level and experience and Conor just doesnt come close to matching Floyd in that aspect. Conor can have all the reach he wants, he's not gonna beat the best boxer of the modern era. If this way a aggressive puncher, someone who isnt so defensively savvy I would say that Conor has a punchers chance.......but vs a defensive mastermind and the hardest boxers to hit in history??? No no....it aint happening.

There is just too much of a skill difference. And to be honest I hope this fight doesnt happen, MMA fans and boxing fans have been jousting at each other for years and with the amount of shit Conor would talk it would completely embarrass him and our sport. I dont want to be on the receiving end of that as a mma fan

"Bu but if the best pro-boxers couldnt beat Floyd, what makes you think Conor could do anything"

The point is, one of Conor's biggest advantages would be that he has a legit boxing base, legit boxing skill, yet is NOT a traditional boxer...plus has MORE REACH then Floyd

Also, lets not pretend like Floyd beat any of those elite boxers IN THEIR PRIME...Floyd IS KNOWN for being boxing's greatest cherry picker among actual boxing insiders.

Double post

Good video.

Now heres my own little mini-breakdown. Enjoy: )

The reach advantage Conor would have over Floyd would be another huge factor

A lot of people dont realise how important reach was to Floyd

Floyd avoided a chinney Khan just because Khan had a long reach

Floyd even had more reach and height then Canelo for crying out loud

You will notice that Floyd NEVER fought anyone with more reach then himself

Think about all the times Floyd was bullying around a significantly shorter armed fighter. When their return fire would barely miss Floyd by centimeters and Floyd would counter off it safely from his range.

Now imagine Conor in those same situations with his freakish long arms

Those punches from Conor dont miss Floyd by a centimeter...they land, and Floyd's counter responses will miss (also due to the fact Conor has a modified karate stance where his head is a little further back)

You see one of the things that IS universal across all combat sports IS understanding of distance - and Conor has a flawless understanding and command of distance

Not only that, Conor IS aware of all the set ups and tricks Floyd uses...because Conor utilises the same setups and tricks

Here is Conor utilising the same pull away counter set up via distance deception, that Floyd does

2nrzk3m.gif

Look how Conor is leaning his head forward off the center line to appear as a closer target, and draw out the jab, which is the typical response in southpaw vs southpaw or orthodox vs orthodox engagements

Conor then pulls back and counters

This means every time Floyd is trying to set Conor up with distance deception, Conor WILL INSTANTLY see it from a mile away, avoid it, and or shut it down - because multiple forms of distance deception are huge staples of Conor's game too

I can even see Conor throwing out a bait shot to lure Floyd out for the pull away counter, Conor then changing head slots, and then instantly coming up with the real shot to counter Floyd's counter

Its exactly how Marcos ROCKED Floyd

So Floyd HAS BEEN OUT-SMARTED before by boxers who were not known for being smart

JointLazyChimpanzee.gif

Marcos throws out the bait jab to lure Floyd into his pull away counter attempt, Marcos instantly changes head slots then comes with the right straight to counter Floyd's attempted counter

Floyd was BADLY OUT SMARTED by a brawler right there. Floyd was made to look like a fool by a brawler right there

We also know with Conor being a southpaw that Floyd shoulder rolling would put him in direct line of the left

BUT Floyd when facing southpaws rarely ever shoulder rolls

Against southpaws Floyd typically likes to work behind a high guard, establish the jab, and time right straight leads

Here are the problems with that against Conor:

1. Conor is longer with more reach and wont be controlled on the outside with jabs

2. Conor, like Floyd, is amazing at giving different looks, switching things up and switching speeds and tempo

This is why fienting never works against Conor, despite fienting usually being the solution against your normal average counter strikers....this is why fighters struggle to ever time Conor consistently

Just as hard as it is to time Floyd, its just as hard to time Conor

Floyd spent his career avoiding other great counter strikers for a reason.

Conor WONT be stepping in predictably to be timed by right leads

And Conor also LOVES to counter the right straight from orthodox fighters...so it gets very interesting stylistically

Floyd jabbing would also leave him open to Conor's split entry counter lefts

A split entry counter left is when you are pre-emptively moving your head side to side (or when you take your head off the center line to the outside shoulder of the jab hand) and then just as the jab comes kwhile your head is off the center) you simultaneously shoot the left-straight, under the jab, splitting it, hence it being called a split entry counter

Manny Pacquiao despite being MUCH SHORTER with much less reach then Floyd, had tremendous success against Floyd via countering Floyd off his jabs

Manny ROCKED Floyd several times with split entry counter lefts

Here was this one too

pacquiao%20punch%20mayweather%201.gif

Many simply is planted in a high guard, waiting for the jab, blocks it, parries it, and then shoots the counter left as Floyd is vulnerable and not in position to defend

Conor is a superb counter striker period...

And Floyd consistently jabbing will give Conor countering oppurtunities regardless of how great Floyd is

The ONE time Floyd ever fough a southpaw who could counter well, was Zab Judah.... and Judah was badly out boxing Floyd until Floyd had to dig deep to adjust and pull out the win

The thing is, Conor was a LEGIT amature boxing champion FROM IRELAND. Thats legit as fuck. Ireland is right up there pound for pound with Cuba when it comes to pure skill based boxing

Conor simply DECIDED TO NOT persue boxing any further

It was Conor's choice not to....

Conor wanted to persue MMA where there were more options to be free in attack etc

Conor has a LEGIT ass boxing base, but with enough added UNCOVENTIONAL ADDITIONS, that he could genuinely catch Floyd off guard and surpise him

How is Floyd going to react to somebody with the footspeed and ring cutting of Conor

(Even the great Manny Pacquiao was not a good ring cutter - just foot speed)

Someboy whos long, and fights long and who has more reach like Conor

Someobody who boxes from a modified karate stance like Conor, that Floyd has never seen before in his life

Somebody who has all the unconventional and unorthodox qualities to stump Floyd YET still has a legit boxing base and is a superb counter striker

Somebody who has THE REAL confidence of Conor, who wont be intimidated by Floyd, and who will look at Floyd like hes genuinely an inferior piece of shit - like Conor will look at him like

People are going to be very suprised

All the ingredients are there for the biggest upset in human history

And who knows what would happen if Conor took a year off to just improve his boxing, while Floyd continued to get older

Remember though, Conor just going to decision with Floyd would be a victory in itself

Conor landing shots would be a victory

And CONOR WILL LAND big shots on Floyd

Floyd would likely decision Conor, but dont be suprised when Conor makes it very difficult for Floyd...or if Conor actually does it - and knocks Floyd out...

Regardless Conor isnt going for any moral victories. He will be coming to win

Floyd is the best match up possible for Conor in boxing...

A passive puncher with a low work rate who CAN NOT HURT Conor, whos a counter fighter just like Conor is (both utilise the same set ups) yet Conor is longer, more reach, has a legit boxing base z but yet is also uncoventional and unorthodox enough to stump Floyd

Hopefully youve been learned now

More and more from the boxing world are coming out and saying that Conor would actually be a lot of trouble for Floyd

Yee have faith in Lord Conor for thou not truly understand what thy Lord Conor is truly capable of

Hey brother I love your breakdowns but please stop with this nonsense.

McGregor certainly has the physicality to reach Floyd but he will barely touch him most of the time.

The timing and punch precision of Floyd's opponents is greater than Conor McGregor's is and probably ever will be. Their boxing is on two different dimensions. Floyd's punches can really hurt Conor, make no mistake about it. The techniques to absorb shots are extremely refined in boxing.

I got longer reach than mayweather too.

AY FLOY STOP DUCKING ME COME GET YA WHOOPIN

You did not listed shit on the OP.

You are an idiot.

You are comparing Conor to elite world class boxers by using them as examples of how Mayweather could be beat by Conor.

Conor is not world class, he is not elite. If boxing had a ranking belt system like Karate or Taekwondo, these guys would be black belts. Mayweather would be a high degree black belt. Conor would be a blue belt or maybe a beginner purple belt.

Also, the sport of boxing is set up to where boxers fight each other as they climb up the rankings, yet this is the stage were boxers with the weakest chin or defense gets weeded out. Case in point Mike Perry, he got knocked out in his first ever Pro Boxing debut. Mark Hunt lost his first Pro Boxing debut. Anderson Silva got TKJOed in his Pro Boxing debut. They went on to pursue their career in fighting in other sports.

This is the reason why many of the top ranked boxers all have solid chins and many have excellent fluent boxing defense.

Conor has not gone through this progress in testing his chin and defense against other boxers of similar experience. Many of these top ranked boxers have deep extensive amateur background. Conor's background is not deep nor extensive. He was the All-Ireland boxing champion at youth level. He was not an Olympian participant or had over 300 amateur boxing fights.

His lack of deep amateur experience shows with his boxing eras. He relies too much on the left. He has poor defense which was the case when he fought Nate Diaz. His offense would be easy to be read by Mayweather to the point that they would be defended and countered.

Also, Diego Corrales had a longer reach than Mayweather at 73 inches. Mayweather still picked him apart and TKOed him. Yet Corrales was a way better boxer than Conor.

Dela Hoya also had a reach longer than Floyds but yet he was still more experienced and way more world class tha Cnor would ever be. Dela Hoya had great ring IQ and Mayweather managed to beat him.

Then you go on and give yourself away as a troll by asking "how is Mayweather going to "react to somebody with the foot speed and ring cutting of Conor".

Mayweather will react the same way he did with all other boxers he beat. You do know that Mayweather is pretty elusive on the feet right?

This itself stood out to be so idiotic and insane that I had to separately quote you on this.

You are a sheep minded idiot who only regurgitates what you hear in the "Lets hate on Mayweather" church services.

Canelo Alvarez is in his prime and Mayweather made him loook like a fool.

Cotto was in his prime when Mayweather beat him. Cotto had came of beating the same man who almost ruin his career by cheating and Mayweather beat him.

Mayweather schooled Baldomir who was in his prime and had came off defeating Zab Judah.

Mayweather beat prime Maidana who destroyed Adrain Broner.

Mayweather schooled the great Juan Manuel Marquez, who was the most difficult opponent in all of Pacquiao's career and who knocked Pac Man out.

Mayweather TKOed a PRIME and undefeated Ricky Hatton.

Mayweather beat Manny Pacquiao finally after 5 years of back and fourth bullshit, but Pacquiao has still be shown to be very relevant in the game even defeating Timothy Bradley twice.

THE ONLY fighters Mayweather neevr got to fight were Margaritto and Paul Williams.

Williams had a longer reach but he was more an inside fighter. Margaritto was a cheater and he got beat by Cott and destroyed by Pacquaio.

You sir are an idiot. Good night.

Last edited:
Mayweather toys with him the entire fight

He wins every round with ease and everyone is pissed because they fell for Floyd's shit again

Conor IS THE MASTER of fight promotion...and thats why Floyd is the one CHASING Conor...

Floyd is nothing but a gimick who was created by WWE writers who rode and died off Oscar's name and his cherry picked undefeated paper record

Mayweather became well known before Dela Hoya you idiot.

He literally destroyed Arturo Gatti and became more well known from there. Gatii was already known for his wars against Micky Ward. That beatdown gave Mayweather the type of exposure that he needed to boost his career.

And by saying that Mayweather cherry picked his opponents, you basically come off sounding like a sheep minded moron who only regurgitates what is said to you in the "Lets hate on Mayweather" weekly cult meet up.

Mayweather defeated Hatton, Canelo, Maidana, Cotto, Pacquiao, Coralles, Castilo, Dela Hoya, Mosley....

Tell me how is that a paper record?

Fuck you and play in traffic.

His lack of deep amateur experience shows with his boxing eras

Conor was a national amature champion in Ireland. Ireland has a deep amature system and a storied boxing history/pedigree. That means a lot. Conor simply chose to persue MMA

Next time, look things up before speaking out of your ass. Typical Conor hater

King Cobra said:
He relies too much on the left.

So now you have exposed yourself as someone who has never even seen Conor fight.

I could literally blow you up with gifs/examples of Conor doing all of the following

right hooking off his pull counter

jabbing faces in

utlising varrying degrees of jabs like up-flick jabs, or stiff hard jabs or jabs as blinders to sneak in the left

In fact, Conor has a sophisticated lead hand game where he uses lead hand probes to feel out rage, snuff out any rushes, distract for leads, or draw out responses to counter

I can show you countless examples of Conor utilising 1-2s effectively, or utilising lead hand uppercuts into step outs to outside angle to left straights....

Theres a reason WHY NO one is ever able to effectively time Conor or avoid his offence...

...because Conor is always switching things up, giving different looks, varrying speeds and tempo, mixing things up, and perfecting the perfect shot selection at all the right times etc

Again, you Conor haters dont know shit about MMA or boxing...

Theres a reason I CAN DETAIL the intricacies of boxing....While you cant.....

Most of you Floyd fans dont even know boxing....you just ride Floyd thinking that makes you "knowledgable"...or because thats the "cool thing to do in media"...

You floyd fans arent even real fans of boxing...just sheep who worship Floyd...

And even then, despite you being 100% wrong about Conor "relying too much on the left"....Floyd "relies too much on his right straight (either off pull counter or body jab)

So by your logic Floyd sucks

"Most of his offence comes from his right hand"

See how stupid you are?

I mean, you state it like its a flaw, YET its never been exploited..

"Conor relies too much on the left"...yet hes always landing the left no matter who he faces...

Hello its because Conor has so many set ups and is unpredictable - the fact that he doesnt rely on the left, IS THE reason hes AlWAYS able to land the left when he wants it...

You Conor haters literally dont know what the fuck you are watching

And shamelessly riding Floyd isnt going to make you appear more "knowledgable"

Clownshoes

King Cobra said:
He has poor defense which was the case when he fought Nate Diaz.

Its insane how you Conor hating newbs can even spew such lies with no regard for actual reality or facts

You simply say something, a shitty opinion, thats backed by nothing

Here I will actually PROVE MY POINT with FACTS and examples.....

Neutral readers can see Im the one who actually knows what im talking about, and that im the one actually backing shit up

25726f6.gif

6pnqg0wg

24ew9a8.gif

giphy.gif

Here is what happened in the Nate fight

Conor OUT CLASSED Nate

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Look at that, Conor out boxing someone who actually HAD MORE REACH then him....unlike Floyd who ducked anyone who had a long reach...

King Cobra said:
Also, Diego Corrales had a longer reach than Mayweather at 73 inches. Mayweather still picked him apart and TKOed him. Yet Corrales was a way better boxer than Conor.

Again you are FACTUALLY WRONG you clown

Correlas had LESS REACH then Floyd....

http://boxrec.com/boxer/6722

Correlas had a 70 inch reach.

You flomo newb tards need to stop repeating lies...and I will debunk each and every one of them

Also, That was a young floyd who beat correlas...cant compare that to todays 38-39 year old floyd

Also correlas was an orthodox pressure fighter who had LESS REACH

Conor is a southpaw COUNTER PUNCHER who has MORE REACH

Once you learn the concept of fighting and styles, maybe then you will get it

King Cobra said:
Dela Hoya also had a reach longer than Floyds but yet he was still more experienced and way more world class tha Cnor would ever be. Dela Hoya had great ring IQ and Mayweather managed to beat him.

De La Hoya's reach has been listed at many different things depending on the fight....at one point he had 71, then another 72, then another 73...

Taking it to the absolute most extreme, Oscar had a 1 inch reach advantage...and yet an OLD over the hill Oscar TOOK Floyd to a SPLIT DECISION....that PROVES MY POINT about Floyd struggling with guys who had more reach...dumb ass.....

King Cobra said:
"how is Mayweather going to "react to somebody with the foot speed and ring cutting of Conor".

Mayweather will react the same way

Canelo Alvarez is in his prime and Mayweather made him loook like a fool.

I have no idea what your dumb ass is trying to say here

Are you trying to say Canelo has foot speed and ring cutting?

Thats ALWAYS BEEN THE one soul criticism of Canelo, that he doesn't have good foot speed and doesn't know how to cut off a ring very well.

You flomo sheep really have no fucking clue about anything you're talking about

If you actually KNOW combat sports like I do, and youre honest, you will see that statement holds all kinds of under rated truth

Floyd made it a point his whole career to AVOID guys who knew how to cutt off the ring well

Conor has all the attributes Floyd spent his whole career avoiding in boxing...and thats a fact...IF Conor were a full time boxer he would be Floyd's worst nightmare...Floyd is lucky Conor persued MMA

Floyd always hand picked ONE specific type of fighter for a reason....agressive punchers who didnt move well...to make Floyd look as good as possible

Yes, Canelo was an exception who actually had great boxing skill BUT Floyd hand picked a GREEN Canelo and WEIGHT DRAINED him....anyone who thinks Floyd beat a "prime Canelo" when Canelo was only 23, doesnt know shit about boxing

King Cobra said:
Cotto was in his prime when Mayweather beat him. Cotto had came of beating the same man who almost ruin his career by cheating and Mayweather beat him.

You continue to EXPOSE your complete LACK of boxing knowledge.

It was Manny WHO beat a Prime Cotto closest to his best weight

Floyd hand picked Cotto at 154...a weight which Cotto never did shit at except beat an injuried Yuri Foreman by injury in a shitty fight

I bet you didnt even know that fight exists....flomo zombie

At that point Cotto was already considered done...In fact it was his performance vs Floyd that "rejuvenated" him....lmao

That says it all..

btw, there was NEVER ANY evidence Margo had plaster...waa just another excuse from sore loser diva Cotto

King Cobra said:
Mayweather schooled Baldomir who was in his prime and had came off defeating Zab Judah.

Lots of people beat Judah

Only a complete boxing NEWB would list 12+ lossess Baldomir as some great accomplishment LMAO

You know who KNOCKED OUT Judah at the prime of his career

the great Kosta Tyzu...bet you dont even know who that is

Another fighter that the coward cherry picker Floyd AVOIDED...Floyd also avoided Trinidad, Prime Oscar, and Casamayor among many others

King Cobra said:
Mayweather beat prime Maidana who destroyed Adrain Broner.
The more and more i read your post to respond, the more and more clear it becomes how much of a fucking newb you are

if you actually knew anything about boxing you would know that Adrian Broner has always been considered one of the most over rated hype jobs in boxing history

How great of Floyd to struggle against a Marcos Maidana who probably doesn't make the Hall of Fame

King Cobra said:
Mayweather schooled the great Juan Manuel Marquez, who was the most difficult opponent in all of Pacquiao's career and who knocked Pac Man out

that's because Manny Pacquiao actually fough Marquez at his best weight...

Floyd CATCH WEIGHTED Marquez...made Marquez move up 3 weight classes to a 145lb catch weight that FLOYD STILL CAME IN HEAVY OVER, to have as much a size advantage over Marquez as possible.....

Again, if you actually knew anything about boxing you would know Floyd vs Marquez is widely considered one of the biggest SCREW JOBS in boxing history...

King Cobra said:
Mayweather TKOed a PRIME and undefeated Ricky Hatton.

Lol continuing to expose yourself as a fucking newb

Hatton did all his best work at 140

Guess what weight Floyd beat him at?

Thats was the other theme of Floyd's cherry picked career

Making guys fight at weights they hardly ever competed at

It was Manny who beat Hatton at Hatton's best weight of 140

You did nothing to debunk anything

Every statement i said IS true and will always stand...because the truth is the truth...

Floyd's boxings GREATEST CHERRY PICKER EVER

Its no suprise that a Floyd fan who doesnt know shit about boxing, wouldnt even know enough about MMA to appreciate how recolutionary Conor is....

Anyway, go back and read the OP until you truly understand whats being said. I even said Floyd likely decisions Conor, but anyone who trult believes Conor has ZERO chance doesnt know fighting

Lol at ppl honestly trying to argue with someone delusional enough to type up biblical-length posts to support his ridiculous notion that a fighter with extremely limited amateur boxing credentials/experience and absolutely ZERO pro boxing experience would defeat one of the greatest boxers of this era and arguably the greatest defensive boxer of all time in a BOXING match.

A feat that 49 LEGITIMATE boxers, many whom are world class, with lifelong boxing experience and prestigious accolades themselves have not been able to do despite possessing far superior boxing ability and acumen than the fighter being advocated for.

In a sport where the talent pool is as deep as it is vast and the path to greatness is a looong one.

Let the fantasizers fantasize. But facts remain facts and logic trumps pipedreams.

Lol at ppl honestly trying to argue with someone delusional enough to type up biblical-length posts to support his ridiculous notion that a fighter with extremely limited amateur boxing credentials/experience and absolutely ZERO pro boxing experience would defeat one of the greatest boxers of this era and arguably the greatest defensive boxer of all time in a BOXING match.

A feat that 49 LEGITIMATE boxers, many whom are world class, with lifelong boxing experience and prestigious accolades themselves have not been able to do despite possessing far superior boxing ability and acumen than the fighter being advocated for.

In a sport where the talent pool is as deep as it is vast and the path to greatness is a looong one.

Let the fantasizers fantasize. But facts remain facts and logic trumps pipedreams.
True, Freddie himself said Conor would need atleast 3 years of boxing training with him to even consider a Floyd match before. and that was. And we're talking Conor after the Diaz rematch!

http://www.wsof.com/2016/05/freddie...cgregor-needs-3-years-fight-floyd-mayweather/

http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/11/fredd...gor-but-he-needs-3-years-to-fight-mayweather/

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2016/05/roach-says-asked-train-conor-mcgregor-boxing/

I'll take an ATG coach's word over the OP's anyday.

Wow, you are legit mentally ill

Here is how I know you didnt even read the OP

I SAID Floyd would decision Conor

My only point is that Conor does have a CHANCE, and I broke down why...objectively, using FACTS, and or consistent examples

Why dont you actually try reading the OP before responding with some psyhoctic bullshit like you just did.

Again, I said Floyd would likely win so What are you even arguing about .

In case I have to spell it out again (you are obviously slow)

My points are

1. Conor does have more then a punchers chance (meanwhile Floyd wouldnt have more then a 2% chance against Conor in MMA and or kickboxing)

2. Its pointless to bring up what other boxers could or couldnt do. The point is Conor is NOT a traditional boxer. His legit boxing base + HIS UNORTHODXY style would make it difficult for Floyd to read him, like he has read traditional boxers

Floyd himself said Cotto troubled him because Cotto DIDNT DO things by the books, that Floyd is only trained to deal with the textbook

You Floyd casuals dont know boxing

And my last point IS NOTHING BUT a cold hard FACT

Floyd has NEVER fought anyone with the reach of Conor

Know what?

The poser newbs like you coming out and thrashing Conor's legit accomplishments and skills, in the name of Floyd, are MUCH WORSE (pathetic white knighting for an illiterate man who doesnt even know you exist)

Saying Floyd would TKO Conor...or downplaying Conor's legit boxing skill....making up lies about Conor's superb defensive skill...THATS MUCH WORSE....much worse then anyone who says Conor can beat Floyd.....

I already know your type

Youre that MMA fan NEWB who doesnt know shit, who rides Floyd shamelessly because you think that will make you appear more "knowledgable"...little do you know, Floyd is considered a massive cherry picker in the boxing community By those who actually know boxing

True, Freddie himself said Conor would need atleast 3 years of boxing training with him to even consider a Floyd match before. and that was. And we're talking Conor after the Diaz rematch!

http://www.wsof.com/2016/05/freddie...cgregor-needs-3-years-fight-floyd-mayweather/

http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/11/fredd...gor-but-he-needs-3-years-to-fight-mayweather/

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2016/05/roach-says-asked-train-conor-mcgregor-boxing/

Van Heerden is a former IBO and IBF champion who only has 1 loss in his career, to Errol Spence, in where he took him 9+ rounds. Van Heerden did better against Spence, then Algeri did, yet everyone counts Algeri as an elite boxer...Algeri beat Ruslan and was robbed vs Khan etc

Yet Conor not even trying, pretty much tooled Van Heerden in sparring

Van Heerden has SPARRED COTTO AND CANELO...and yet he said he was still very impressed by Conor's shoulder rolls and pull counters....so that tells you that Conor's countering is as elite as it gets even by boxing standards

Now here is a MUCH MORE IMPROVED Conor in a much more serious sparring session, holding his own against Conor Fucking Wallace, 6 time champion whos far more skilled then Van Heerden - and who everyone has pegged as a future olympic gold medal winner

Conor is the only one in MMA who actually out boxes other boxing champions in boxing, durring sparring

Anderson was getting destroyed by some no-name bum at Wild Card

Conor HAS ACTUAL LEGIT boxing skill

Conor is far and away the best counter punching boxer to have ever stepped foot in an octagon as a serious MMA competitor

And in FACT, Its OTHER SKILLED BOXERS coming out and saying Conor has LEGIT BOXING SKILL and that Conor would do a lot better against Floyd then people think

Pro-boxers>>>>>>>you Conor hating newb tards on sherdog

Here is Tony Jefferires, former Olympic MEDAL WINNER, who was known for his boxing IQ praising Conor's boxing skill and saying that Conor would 100% have a shot against Floyd

I know you will bring up Paulie....Paulie is a pathetic Haymon shill, plus hes been begging for that red panty night...hes not giving a true objevtive opionion

Van Heerden is a former IBO and IBF champion who only has 1 loss in his career, to Errol Spence, in where he took him 9+ rounds. Van Heerden did better against Spence, then Algeri did, yet everyone counts Algeri as an elite boxer...Algeri beat Ruslan and was robbed vs Khan etc

Yet Conor not even trying, pretty much tooled Van Heerden in sparring

Van Heerden has SPARRED COTTO AND CANELO...and yet he said he was still very impressed by Conor's shoulder rolls and pull counters....so that tells you that Conor's countering is as elite as it gets even by boxing standards

Now here is a MUCH MORE IMPROVED Conor in a much more serious sparring session, holding his own against Conor Fucking Wallace, 6 time champion whos far more skilled then Van Heerden - and who everyone has pegged as a future olympic gold medal winner

Conor is the only one in MMA who actually out boxes other boxing champions in boxing, durring sparring

Anderson was getting destroyed by some no-name bum at Wild Card

Conor HAS ACTUAL LEGIT boxing skill

Conor is far and away the best counter punching boxer to have ever stepped foot in an octagon as a serious MMA competitor

And in FACT, Its OTHER SKILLED BOXERS coming out and saying Conor has LEGIT BOXING SKILL and that Conor would do a lot better against Floyd then people think

Pro-boxers>>>>>>>you Conor hating newb tards on sherdog

Here is Tony Jefferires, former Olympic MEDAL WINNER, who was known for his boxing IQ praising Conor's boxing skill and saying that Conor would 100% have a shot against Floyd

I know you will bring up Paulie....Paulie is a pathetic Haymon shill, plus hes been begging for that red panty night...hes not giving a true objevtive opionion

You use some pretty weird rhetoric...Conor Wallace is a 6 time Ireland amateur level champion. any other noob reading that would think ur talking about a pro world championship. Y be so shady? It's a meh feat to say the least honestly...

Why are you showing me a sparring session? we talking 'bout practice...You don't beat someone in sparring.. that's a paradox, u just follow the trainer's directions and repeat. World champions spar with guys who don't even compete sometimes...
But since you brought up Van whats hisface, all he sad after hey sparred is that "a stand up mma fighter wouldn't have a chance against a boxer", whatever that garbage means, but it sounds like he's not as impressed as u r. I don't care what he thinks and neither should u.

Hold up, where did u hear that about wild card??? every vid I've seen of Anderson there he was beating up his sparring partners

My opinion? Pro boxers? first of all u mentioned the opinion of one pro boxer, the rest are all amateurs. I mentioned the opion of fucking ATG coach Freddie mother fucking ROACH! The opinion of any meat head means next to nothing compared to his, especially considering he was asked to train conor by both Floyd and Kavanagh. He said "He's an okay boxer, but great MMA fighter" Why did you choose to ignore this when I said it...

Aaron Pryor and Gerald McClellan are much better boxers than Conor, and Floyd is light years ahead of all three combined in terms of technical skill.

Look son, you're giving this well-thought out admirable analysis, but it's obvious you're replies are emotionally driven and bias is clouding your judgement....

One only needs to watch Mayweather vs Marquez to realize, Conor barely stands a chance. Marquez is hard hitting, one fo the most precise counter strikers in history with beautiful combinations. His face when Floyd kocked him down was priceless.

floyd-mayweather-jr-knocks-down-marquez.jpg

Guy who put pacman to sleep right after this^

Ironically though, I'd bet on conor cause father time is undefeated. B-hop had to learn that the hard way recently.

But hey, if you care that much about pro boxer's opinions, I'll give you p4p king Andre Ward, undefeated lineal pro and olympic gold medalist, makes every one u mentioend look like a bum.

@2:33, They asked him about conor vs floyd, and he said "easy work" for floyd and laughs.
Hope ur happy, I even gave u an excessively long post like u love to do.

Last edited:
3 pages and not a single legitimate rebuttal has been made. lol.

Good video.

Now heres my own little mini-breakdown. Enjoy: )

The reach advantage Conor would have over Floyd would be another huge factor

A lot of people dont realise how important reach was to Floyd

Floyd avoided a chinney Khan just because Khan had a long reach

Floyd even had more reach and height then Canelo for crying out loud

You will notice that Floyd NEVER fought anyone with more reach then himself

Think about all the times Floyd was bullying around a significantly shorter armed fighter. When their return fire would barely miss Floyd by centimeters and Floyd would counter off it safely from his range.

Now imagine Conor in those same situations with his freakish long arms

Those punches from Conor dont miss Floyd by a centimeter...they land, and Floyd's counter responses will miss (also due to the fact Conor has a modified karate stance where his head is a little further back)

You see one of the things that IS universal across all combat sports IS understanding of distance - and Conor has a flawless understanding and command of distance

Not only that, Conor IS aware of all the set ups and tricks Floyd uses...because Conor utilises the same setups and tricks

Here is Conor utilising the same pull away counter set up via distance deception, that Floyd does

2nrzk3m.gif

Look how Conor is leaning his head forward off the center line to appear as a closer target, and draw out the jab, which is the typical response in southpaw vs southpaw or orthodox vs orthodox engagements

Conor then pulls back and counters

This means every time Floyd is trying to set Conor up with distance deception, Conor WILL INSTANTLY see it from a mile away, avoid it, and or shut it down - because multiple forms of distance deception are huge staples of Conor's game too

I can even see Conor throwing out a bait shot to lure Floyd out for the pull away counter, Conor then changing head slots, and then instantly coming up with the real shot to counter Floyd's counter

Its exactly how Marcos ROCKED Floyd

So Floyd HAS BEEN OUT-SMARTED before by boxers who were not known for being smart

JointLazyChimpanzee.gif

Marcos throws out the bait jab to lure Floyd into his pull away counter attempt, Marcos instantly changes head slots then comes with the right straight to counter Floyd's attempted counter

Floyd was BADLY OUT SMARTED by a brawler right there. Floyd was made to look like a fool by a brawler right there

We also know with Conor being a southpaw that Floyd shoulder rolling would put him in direct line of the left

BUT Floyd when facing southpaws rarely ever shoulder rolls

Against southpaws Floyd typically likes to work behind a high guard, establish the jab, and time right straight leads

Here are the problems with that against Conor:

1. Conor is longer with more reach and wont be controlled on the outside with jabs

2. Conor, like Floyd, is amazing at giving different looks, switching things up and switching speeds and tempo

This is why fienting never works against Conor, despite fienting usually being the solution against your normal average counter strikers....this is why fighters struggle to ever time Conor consistently

Just as hard as it is to time Floyd, its just as hard to time Conor

Floyd spent his career avoiding other great counter strikers for a reason.

Conor WONT be stepping in predictably to be timed by right leads

And Conor also LOVES to counter the right straight from orthodox fighters...so it gets very interesting stylistically

Floyd jabbing would also leave him open to Conor's split entry counter lefts

A split entry counter left is when you are pre-emptively moving your head side to side (or when you take your head off the center line to the outside shoulder of the jab hand) and then just as the jab comes kwhile your head is off the center) you simultaneously shoot the left-straight, under the jab, splitting it, hence it being called a split entry counter

Manny Pacquiao despite being MUCH SHORTER with much less reach then Floyd, had tremendous success against Floyd via countering Floyd off his jabs

Manny ROCKED Floyd several times with split entry counter lefts

Here was this one too

pacquiao%20punch%20mayweather%201.gif

Many simply is planted in a high guard, waiting for the jab, blocks it, parries it, and then shoots the counter left as Floyd is vulnerable and not in position to defend

Conor is a superb counter striker period...

And Floyd consistently jabbing will give Conor countering oppurtunities regardless of how great Floyd is

The ONE time Floyd ever fough a southpaw who could counter well, was Zab Judah.... and Judah was badly out boxing Floyd until Floyd had to dig deep to adjust and pull out the win

The thing is, Conor was a LEGIT amature boxing champion FROM IRELAND. Thats legit as fuck. Ireland is right up there pound for pound with Cuba when it comes to pure skill based boxing

Conor simply DECIDED TO NOT persue boxing any further

It was Conor's choice not to....

Conor wanted to persue MMA where there were more options to be free in attack etc

Conor has a LEGIT ass boxing base, but with enough added UNCOVENTIONAL ADDITIONS, that he could genuinely catch Floyd off guard and surpise him

How is Floyd going to react to somebody with the footspeed and ring cutting of Conor

(Even the great Manny Pacquiao was not a good ring cutter - just foot speed)

Someboy whos long, and fights long and who has more reach like Conor

Someobody who boxes from a modified karate stance like Conor, that Floyd has never seen before in his life

Somebody who has all the unconventional and unorthodox qualities to stump Floyd YET still has a legit boxing base and is a superb counter striker

Somebody who has THE REAL confidence of Conor, who wont be intimidated by Floyd, and who will look at Floyd like hes genuinely an inferior piece of shit - like Conor will look at him like

People are going to be very suprised

All the ingredients are there for the biggest upset in human history

And who knows what would happen if Conor took a year off to just improve his boxing, while Floyd continued to get older

Remember though, Conor just going to decision with Floyd would be a victory in itself

Conor landing shots would be a victory

And CONOR WILL LAND big shots on Floyd

Floyd would likely decision Conor, but dont be suprised when Conor makes it very difficult for Floyd...or if Conor actually does it - and knocks Floyd out...

Regardless Conor isnt going for any moral victories. He will be coming to win

Floyd is the best match up possible for Conor in boxing...

A passive puncher with a low work rate who CAN NOT HURT Conor, whos a counter fighter just like Conor is (both utilise the same set ups) yet Conor is longer, more reach, has a legit boxing base z but yet is also uncoventional and unorthodox enough to stump Floyd

Hopefully youve been learned now

More and more from the boxing world are coming out and saying that Conor would actually be a lot of trouble for Floyd

Yee have faith in Lord Conor for thou not truly understand what thy Lord Conor is truly capable of

Post of the year.

Well done sir. You've been moved to second best poster on this forum.

LMAO Conor does not have the talent nor the athleticism( C-level athlete who gasses in 2 rounds) to beat ANY pro boxer. Conor wouldn't even beat Nate Diaz in a boxing match

The point is Conor does have a chance against Floyd

In fact, Conor has a FAR greater chance boxing with Floyd in a ring, THEN Floyd would ever have striking with Conor in a full on pure kickboxing striking contest

Conor>>>>Floyd. Conor could do far better with Floyd at Floyd's own game of boxing, then Floyd ever could against Conor in MMA or kickboxing
This is b@ll sh&t

Back