Long Time Boxer SayF,owner of Ummah Fight Camp breaks down why Conor CAN BEAT Floyd. 60/40 for Conor

MMA fans who dont know shit about boxing, will shamelessly RIDE Floyd, thinking that that somehow makes them appear "more knowledgable" about boxing, or "cooler"

They probably have never even seen any of Floyd's fights PRE-Oscar, before Oscar made Floyd famous

They dont even know that WWE writers created Floyd's whole money gimick, and that Conor is far more original

Never mind that Floyd is corny and akward, while Conor is FAR FAR FAR more charismatic with far more wit

They never saw Floyd vs Chop Chop Corely or Floyd vs Judah

Corely is as gatekeeper as it gets, and he almost KOd Floyd on 3 spereate occasions

Floyd HAS BEEN HIT and ROCKED PLENTY OF TIMES

Floyd is NOT untouchable, and CONOR KNOWS IT and truly believes it

The thing you forgot to mention, which is very important.. Conor is not a pro boxer, he is an MMA fighter..
Floyd Mayweather is a multi time world champion in Pro boxing..
There is a HUGE difference in experiencethere, not to mention ability.. In a boxing match with boxing rules, it won't even be a challenge for Mayweather..
The only reason he is talking now is to drum up interest.. Look how long the Pacman fight took to happen.. Floyd is a master at fight promotion.
If the money is there, he will fight and embarrass Conor..

Connors terrible. Nate is slow as molasses and connor got rocked with a 1 2

Conor's a better boxer / hits harder than Floyd. Conor KO's him for sure.

Good video.

Now heres my own little mini-breakdown. Enjoy: )

The reach advantage Conor would have over Floyd would be another huge factor

A lot of people dont realise how important reach was to Floyd

Floyd avoided a chinney Khan just because Khan had a long reach

Floyd even had more reach and height then Canelo for crying out loud

You will notice that Floyd NEVER fought anyone with more reach then himself

Think about all the times Floyd was bullying around a significantly shorter armed fighter. When their return fire would barely miss Floyd by centimeters and Floyd would counter off it safely from his range.

Now imagine Conor in those same situations with his freakish long arms

Those punches from Conor dont miss Floyd by a centimeter...they land, and Floyd's counter responses will miss (also due to the fact Conor has a modified karate stance where his head is a little further back)

You see one of the things that IS universal across all combat sports IS understanding of distance - and Conor has a flawless understanding and command of distance

Not only that, Conor IS aware of all the set ups and tricks Floyd uses...because Conor utilises the same setups and tricks

Here is Conor utilising the same pull away counter set up via distance deception, that Floyd does

2nrzk3m.gif

Look how Conor is leaning his head forward off the center line to appear as a closer target, and draw out the jab, which is the typical response in southpaw vs southpaw or orthodox vs orthodox engagements

Conor then pulls back and counters

This means every time Floyd is trying to set Conor up with distance deception, Conor WILL INSTANTLY see it from a mile away, avoid it, and or shut it down - because multiple forms of distance deception are huge staples of Conor's game too

I can even see Conor throwing out a bait shot to lure Floyd out for the pull away counter, Conor then changing head slots, and then instantly coming up with the real shot to counter Floyd's counter

Its exactly how Marcos ROCKED Floyd

So Floyd HAS BEEN OUT-SMARTED before by boxers who were not known for being smart

JointLazyChimpanzee.gif

Marcos throws out the bait jab to lure Floyd into his pull away counter attempt, Marcos instantly changes head slots then comes with the right straight to counter Floyd's attempted counter

Floyd was BADLY OUT SMARTED by a brawler right there. Floyd was made to look like a fool by a brawler right there

We also know with Conor being a southpaw that Floyd shoulder rolling would put him in direct line of the left

BUT Floyd when facing southpaws rarely ever shoulder rolls

Against southpaws Floyd typically likes to work behind a high guard, establish the jab, and time right straight leads

Here are the problems with that against Conor:

1. Conor is longer with more reach and wont be controlled on the outside with jabs

2. Conor, like Floyd, is amazing at giving different looks, switching things up and switching speeds and tempo

This is why fienting never works against Conor, despite fienting usually being the solution against your normal average counter strikers....this is why fighters struggle to ever time Conor consistently

Just as hard as it is to time Floyd, its just as hard to time Conor

Floyd spent his career avoiding other great counter strikers for a reason.

Conor WONT be stepping in predictably to be timed by right leads

And Conor also LOVES to counter the right straight from orthodox fighters...so it gets very interesting stylistically

Floyd jabbing would also leave him open to Conor's split entry counter lefts

A split entry counter left is when you are pre-emptively moving your head side to side (or when you take your head off the center line to the outside shoulder of the jab hand) and then just as the jab comes kwhile your head is off the center) you simultaneously shoot the left-straight, under the jab, splitting it, hence it being called a split entry counter

Manny Pacquiao despite being MUCH SHORTER with much less reach then Floyd, had tremendous success against Floyd via countering Floyd off his jabs

Manny ROCKED Floyd several times with split entry counter lefts

Here was this one too

pacquiao%20punch%20mayweather%201.gif

Many simply is planted in a high guard, waiting for the jab, blocks it, parries it, and then shoots the counter left as Floyd is vulnerable and not in position to defend

Conor is a superb counter striker period...

And Floyd consistently jabbing will give Conor countering oppurtunities regardless of how great Floyd is

The ONE time Floyd ever fough a southpaw who could counter well, was Zab Judah.... and Judah was badly out boxing Floyd until Floyd had to dig deep to adjust and pull out the win

The thing is, Conor was a LEGIT amature boxing champion FROM IRELAND. Thats legit as fuck. Ireland is right up there pound for pound with Cuba when it comes to pure skill based boxing

Conor simply DECIDED TO NOT persue boxing any further

It was Conor's choice not to....

Conor wanted to persue MMA where there were more options to be free in attack etc

Conor has a LEGIT ass boxing base, but with enough added UNCOVENTIONAL ADDITIONS, that he could genuinely catch Floyd off guard and surpise him

How is Floyd going to react to somebody with the footspeed and ring cutting of Conor

(Even the great Manny Pacquiao was not a good ring cutter - just foot speed)

Someboy whos long, and fights long and who has more reach like Conor

Someobody who boxes from a modified karate stance like Conor, that Floyd has never seen before in his life

Somebody who has all the unconventional and unorthodox qualities to stump Floyd YET still has a legit boxing base and is a superb counter striker

Somebody who has THE REAL confidence of Conor, who wont be intimidated by Floyd, and who will look at Floyd like hes genuinely an inferior piece of shit - like Conor will look at him like

People are going to be very suprised

All the ingredients are there for the biggest upset in human history

And who knows what would happen if Conor took a year off to just improve his boxing, while Floyd continued to get older

Remember though, Conor just going to decision with Floyd would be a victory in itself

Conor landing shots would be a victory

And CONOR WILL LAND big shots on Floyd

Floyd would likely decision Conor, but dont be suprised when Conor makes it very difficult for Floyd...or if Conor actually does it - and knocks Floyd out...

Regardless Conor isnt going for any moral victories. He will be coming to win

Floyd is the best match up possible for Conor in boxing...

A passive puncher with a low work rate who CAN NOT HURT Conor, whos a counter fighter just like Conor is (both utilise the same set ups) yet Conor is longer, more reach, has a legit boxing base z but yet is also uncoventional and unorthodox enough to stump Floyd

Hopefully youve been learned now

More and more from the boxing world are coming out and saying that Conor would actually be a lot of trouble for Floyd

Yee have faith in Lord Conor for thou not truly understand what thy Lord Conor is truly capable of

90991040.jpg

lol, Connor can't even beat a club fighter in boxing.

I would fight connor for FREE in a boxing match and we'll see what happens. Money to the charity of his choice

Just terrible. Complete joke

PM.

i saw Conor's boxing against Nate. Boxing is not just throwing punches it is avoiding them.

Conor is a good MMA boxer but there is a reason he does not box professionally.

Let's see if Connor can beat a "no-name Sherdogger" in boxing first :D

Shit eating motherfuckers on here like to look real stupid, don't they ?

Floyd is way smaller, retired and like 40. If Conor is such a great boxer he should challenge a notable name that actually still fights. But he would get destroyed because he has limited combos and poor footwork and head movement.
What lol

Floyd doesnt throw combos, so I guess that makes him terrible according to you too right?

But never mind that,

Did you not even watch his fights against Nate and Alvarez

Conor will combo off his counters when its there

As for "poor footwork"

Laughable

DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

iokt4i.gif

25726f6.gif

Poor head movement too? You Conor hating newbs love spewing aa many lies as you can, but of course I will refute it all

giphy.gif

6pnqg0wg

24ew9a8.gif

Exactly

You Conor haters dont know what you are watching and never have a clue what you are talking about

Just talk non sense with no proof or factual backing what so ever

Unlike you Conor haters, I actually back everything up with facts and multiple examples

In reality, its Conor haters who are the biggest newbs

Wall of text about an MMA fighter beating a legendary boxer in the boxer's sport.

<{titihmm}>

Both train strength & cardio etc but in regards to combat:

Floyd has spent:
  • 100% of his time training boxing, since at least '93 when he won Golden Gloves at the age of 16 and has like 140 boxing matches, over around 25 years since McGregor was like 3 years old at most. So lets say 25+ years of boxing at a super high level.
McGregor has spent:
  • 16 % of his time training BJJ
  • 12 % of his time training Muay Thai
  • 9 % of his time training Kick Boxing
  • 11 % of his time training Judo
  • 8 % of his time training wrestling
  • 7 % of his time training Karate
  • 6 % of his time training Capoeira
  • 8 % of his time training Taikwondo
  • 20 % of his time training Boxing (being generous here)
  • 3 % of his time training Touch butt in the park with that dork, and dancing and doing animal moves and acrobatics & gymnastics.
Since 2008, so like 6 years, of which a small percentage is boxing. Lets say a year and a half of boxing all added up.

So..... 25+ years of constant training & high level competing in boxing versus 1.5 years, fuck it lets even say two years or broken boxing training mixed in with other training & NO boxing competition.

I think it's quite reasonable to think Floyd would win. It's even a little bit silly to think McGregor has a mediocre chance. Yes he has a chance but jeez, it's small.
Don't get me wrong, I like McGregor, and anything can happen, and he IS a talented striker, and he would kill him with ease under any other rule set of combat or no rules at all, and I don't like Mayweather, and he is a piece of shit, and although boxing is beautiful I don't like it, but tell me, how does McGregor win?

lol

Conor may not be as refined to the rewls of boxing, but he has power and precision in his hands, and that's what matter.

I honestly think if anybody can KO Floyd, it's Conor, and deep down - yalls all knows it too.

5 times in 49 fights. I wish I was that shit at Boxing

Uh, do you not even realise that that video doesnt even include the Marcos and Manny fights where Floyd was rocked numerous times by each

Also, it only counts One opponent as 1 time despite the fact many of them rocked Floyd MULTIPLE TIMES in 1 fight

So all in all, Floyd has def been rocked far more then 5 times

Floyd has never been truly rocked from what I've seen. That little punch in that gif Manny threw barely had any impact.

What lol

Floyd doesnt throw combos, so I guess that makes him terrible according to you too right?

But never mind that,

Did you not even watch his fights against Nate and Alvarez

Conor will combo off his counters when its there

As for "poor footwork"

Laughable

Poor head movement too? You Conor hating newbs love spewing aa many lies as you can, but of course I will refute it all

Exactly

You Conor haters dont know what you are watching and never have a clue what you are talking about

Just talk non sense with no proof or factual backing what so ever

Unlike you Conor haters, I actually back everything up with facts and multiple examples

In reality, its Conor haters who are the biggest newbs

Fact: Conor has no pro boxing fights.

Fact: Conor struggled a lot with Nate Diaz who could never make it as a professional boxer.

Fact: Conor fights with his chin up high.

Well put...

Now show me the times that Floyd lost.

Castillo 1, which is widely regarded as one of the worst mosy corrupt decisions in boxing

Also many feel Floyd lost to Marcos 1

And regardless if any one ever losses or not, there are ALWAYS habbits that can be exploited by the right person

Both train strength & cardio etc but in regards to combat:

Floyd has spent:
  • 100% of his time training boxing, since at least '93 when he won Golden Gloves at the age of 16 and has like 140 boxing matches, over around 25 years since McGregor was like 3 years old at most. So lets say 25+ years of boxing at a super high level.
McGregor has spent:
  • 16 % of his time training BJJ
  • 12 % of his time training Muay Thai
  • 9 % of his time training Kick Boxing
  • 11 % of his time training Judo
  • 8 % of his time training wrestling
  • 7 % of his time training Karate
  • 6 % of his time training Capoeira
  • 8 % of his time training Taikwondo
  • 20 % of his time training Boxing (being generous here)
  • 3 % of his time training Touch butt in the park with that dork, and dancing and doing animal moves and acrobatics & gymnastics.
Since 2008, so like 6 years, of which a small percentage is boxing. Lets say a year and a half of boxing all added up.

So..... 25+ years of constant training & high level competing in boxing versus 1.5 years, fuck it lets even say two years or broken boxing training mixed in with other training & NO boxing competition.

I think it's quite reasonable to think Floyd would win. It's even a little bit silly to think McGregor has a mediocre chance. Yes he has a chance but jeez, it's small.
Don't get me wrong, I like McGregor, and anything can happen, and he IS a talented striker, and he would kill him with ease under any other rule set of combat or no rules at all, and I don't like Mayweather, and he is a piece of shit, and although boxing is beautiful I don't like it, but tell me, how does McGregor win?
"How does McGregor win?"

Someone didnt read the OP

I actually even said that Floyd would probably decision Conor

I detail everything in the OP. Everything. Read it.

I wonder how many will actually read the OP and take the time to truly learn and be educated

Last edited:
Sorry. This person is not a former pro boxer. He has no pro boxing experience. He does train boxing as well as MMA which is why he is being bias.

Mayweather would humiliate Conor.

Back