Long Sleeves in the Summer

For everyone saying that it causes you to sweat more which cools you off, doesn't that cooling process happen when the sweat evaporates on the skin? So wouldn't you need your skin exposed for that? Honest question not an argument. I'll take your words for it because most of you have way more experience with this than I do.

For everyone saying that it causes you to sweat more which cools you off, doesn't that cooling process happen when the sweat evaporates on the skin? So wouldn't you need your skin exposed for that? Honest question not an argument. I'll take your words for it because most of you have way more experience with this than I do.
Stand in the wind with a wet shirt on

Retains sweat and protects from the sun. At first it is obviously warmer but after a sweat and not getting torched by the sun for hours it's much better.
the purpose of sweating is to reduce your temperature by evaporating water off your skin, so I can't imagine retaining sweat being a selling point. That's precisely why 95 degrees in Florida feels so much worse than 95 in Arizona.

Stand in the wind with a wet shirt on
Ah ok. Gotcha.

Only reason I asked is whenever I'm sweating I always take my shirt off and then as the sweat dries I feel like I'm cooling off. But yeah a wet shirt would keep you cool constantly.

Bonus points if you wear A white t shirt.

the purpose of sweating is to reduce your temperature by evaporating water off your skin, so I can't imagine retaining sweat being a selling point. That's precisely why 95 degrees in Florida feels so much worse than 95 in Arizona.

In a dry climate it will still evaporate, however, it won't be wasted. If sweat drips off you or if you wipe it down it was wasted. The shirt itself begins to get cool. If there is any wind it is great. You ever see people put a damp towel over their heads or around their neck? The water evaporates and cools the area. Air running over it cools it as well.

Back