Long Sleeves in the Summer

Not sure about shirts but I shaved my head last Tuesday and it's amazing how much cooler I feel (in vegas).

LOL, I did that many years ago, and feel the same way. I also shaved my pits and pubes. I smell much better now.

People around my parts, gets up to 30 plus celcius, wear button up shirts or even sweatshirts over tshirts. I think theyre trying to hide sweaty armpits but who knows? Doesnt make sense to wear two layers in this heat.

Why do people wear long sleeves in the summer. I always see workers wearing fannels in the sun when its like 120. Is it just to protect the skin or some other reason. Why not bust out the pf70.
I wear them while I work with jeans ans heavy fire retardant coveralls over that. It's allllllllll good cheese.

Usually heroin or covering a tattoo at work. Or if you're outdoors as an under layer, some people do that.

Lol..some of the replays here.

We wear long sleeves and pants because it insulates the body..keeps the sweat in and cools you more..the sun protection is an after thought to most of us here in Southern California ..but it's way cooler to wear long sleeves while working outside then not.

Exp: 22 year commercial construction(high rise) and a lot of work in Palm Springs area(120 in summer)

I work for a home remodeling company in southern California. It is super dry here. I do the sales part so have to wear long sleeve to look professional during estimate. I also wear long sleeve while doing the job because like others mentioned helps with insulation, and not looking like a prune at 45 plus. Not to mention what HelloJapan said about hiding track marks. No one would buy from a junkie. JK. Maybe.

It protects from the heat, keeps sweat going (which cools you more with a mild breeze) and where I work (steelmill) it protects from fire, have been caught on fire (flame retardant pants/jacket over 'long johns') and not had sweaty long johns get so much as scorched in those situations.

Also started wearing pure cotton long sleeve shirts to mow or work on cars when it's 'too hot to be outside' according to everyone else I know.

I would die if I wore longsleeves in my 95-100F temps with plenty of humidity and a high dew point.

Why do people wear long sleeves in the summer. I always see workers wearing fannels in the sun when its like 120. Is it just to protect the skin or some other reason. Why not bust out the pf70.

Protect from skin cancer and prevent dehydration.

You lose more water if it's allowed to evaporate than if it's contained.

yes, its to protect your skin. sun screen cost money in a non reusable way.

also, high spf rated sunscreen isnt even that much more effective.

GOAT movies.
(I love the GBATU, but since he wore the same poncho in every "man with no name" film (without washing it once in all that filming!) it's hard to say which this still is from.

Pretty sure thats the end of TGTBATU

I wore long sleeves when I worked in construction, its to protect from the sun and in my case from getting scraped the fuck up and burned from the hot scaffolding in the summer.

I do it only because my office is freezing.

I could see wearing them shits the Arabs wear, that long thin flowing garb. Looks breathable as all hell plus you got plenty of room to move around.

10/10 would do yard work in said clothes

@bandicoot

sticker,375x360.u2.png

I'll wear long sleeve under armor shirts in the summer, but as for regular? Fuck that.

Fuck that, I've made the mistake of wearing under armor over my regular button up work shirt. It never drys off like a regular shirt, so you're stuck all day at work feeling nasty.

My workplace requires you to wear long a leaves and pants, I also wear a face sock aswell so I don't burn

Back