Long Sleeves in the Summer

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why do people wear long sleeves in the summer. I always see workers wearing fannels in the sun when its like 120. Is it just to protect the skin or some other reason. Why not bust out the pf70.

back in my military days i spent six months in the UAE. the civilian workers in CE always worked all day in pants and long sleeve shirts. crazy considering it would get over 120.

I don't need people commenting on my girly forearms bro

Retains sweat and protects from the sun. At first it is obviously warmer but after a sweat and not getting torched by the sun for hours it's much better.

492c908e501505dc3e20539dc552b47c.jpg

Women prefer men with milky white arms and dark brown hands.

Keeping the sun off your skin trumps being slightly cooler.

I got this here pale skin that doesn't tan, just goes from white to burnt back to white.
Having some melanin must be nice

i have been working outside a lot lately, i am actually almost tan for first time in my life. freckles on fleek.

I've always been skinny as hell. I avoid showing off my pipecleaner arms as much as possible.

I'm working in a plant that requires long sleeves it really doesn't feel any different once you get past the mental part

In dry heat it should be fine. When I in dry heat, the only problem is the sun burning the skin.

I used to work for the texas highway dept fixing pot holes. We all wore long sleeves and pants. It helps protect from sun damage and while it's hot it saves you from terrible sun burn.

If you never worked those types of jobs you would never understand.

I always wondered why Clint Eastwood wore long sleeve shirts and ponchos in all his movies. I guess it's better than having sunburned arms.

60483_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

Dear Lord, he's wearing a lambskin vest, too! :eek:

I always wondered why Clint Eastwood wore long sleeve shirts and ponchos in all his movies. I guess it's better than having sunburned arms.

60483_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

Dear Lord, he's wearing a lambskin vest, too! :eek:
GOAT movies.
(I love the GBATU, but since he wore the same poncho in every "man with no name" film (without washing it once in all that filming!) it's hard to say which this still is from.

I'll wear long sleeve under armor shirts in the summer, but as for regular? Fuck that.

Not sure about shirts but I shaved my head last Tuesday and it's amazing how much cooler I feel (in vegas).

I live in Georgia so some of y'all know what kind of heat we have here and I work installing glass on highrises, schools, hospitals, etc etc and when I'm going to be out in the yard area or in direct sun I tend to wear long sleeves.

Its a really good way to protect from sun burns and is a good way to keep your skin from aging as fast. Plus during a dry heat it helps keep the moisture from your sweat on your skin. Doing a job like that it also helps prevent those minor cuts and softens the bigger ones.

Sun protection, those chemicals in lotion are bad.

Also sweating makes the sunscreen fall off. You'd need to keep reapplying it like every half hour and people would call you a :eek::eek::eek:.

Back