long sleeve shirts (not for grappling)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by James37, Jul 7, 2010.

1. James37

James37 White Belt

Silly question but I need a 1) slim 2) cotton or mostly cotton (spandex/cotton mix is fine too) 3) long sleeve shirt for Muay Thai training (not grappling). I prefer long sleeve shirts. Any recommendations?

The shirts I find (in regular stores) are usually not slim-fit and after about 20 min of training get baggy and in the way. Areas around arms and my waist get soggy, stretch and droop around me. I tried going smaller to get a snug(er) fit but those shirts usually end up with too short sleeves (for me).

EDIT: I really would like to get a plain simple shirt, not a fancy design(ed) one with logos and what not... its a personal preference, that's all.

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Green Belt

Just use a general compression shirt.

3. Shinagamei

Shinagamei White Belt

idk bout long sleeve but walmart has shirt similar to the under armor ones and they dont ride up or get droopy when you sweat in them nonstop

4. KeNPoWeRs

KeNPoWeRs Orange Belt

I know its not for grappling,but im gonna say a rashguard anyways,those things are the best when it comes to working out,you stay pretty dry and they always stay tight

5. James37

James37 White Belt

Thanks, guys but I want a mostly cotton shirt. Some spandex is fine but 100% synthetic is no good (for me).

Slim, mostly cotton (some spandex is fine), long sleeve shirt is what I need :) and because I'm such a noob when it comes to these things and shopping any brand name or a link would be great.

6. 3 dimensional

3 dimensional Banned Banned

when i first started to grapple, i wore a long-sleeved thermal. try it out. they are cheap too. try an army surplus store...

7. James37

James37 White Belt

Thermals are great but I live in a 110 degree climate and those shirts on me droop the fastest. I'll check Mil surplus store just in case but my experience with thermals hasn't been good so far.

I want to find a slim/snug fit cotton/spandex long sleeve shirt...v:D

8. madizm2

madizm2 Brown Belt

Is it possible for a cotton shirt to not droop when absorbing sweat?

9. R1ceRocket

R1ceRocket Orange Belt

You know, I posted the exact same thing a year ago:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/training-long-sleeves-suggestions-1063421/

Some brands, like Nike, Everlast, Champion, etc. make some lightweight, slight moisture wicking long sleeve shirts, that are like training clothing, so it's light, fitted, and doesn't get bogged down with sweat. It's not 100% cotton; it's like a polyester blend. Good stuff.

10. James37

James37 White Belt

Cotton blend shirts don't droop like 100% cotton shirts.

R1iceRockek; Did you end up buying any of those shirts? Just wondering what your experience has been and if you have any recommendations or favorites.

11. R1ceRocket

R1ceRocket Orange Belt

Yeah, I have several of the aforementioned shirts, some really light and thin, some a bit thicker for when I "train" outside, or early morning.

I've had the best luck with Everlast brand. Nike running shirts are good too.

12. owly

owly White Belt

13. DS614

DS614 Brown Belt

REI Sahara Long-Sleeve T-Shirt - Men's Tall at REI.com

Xcel Ventx Rashguard - Men's at REI.com

REI Midweight Long-Sleeve Crew - Men's at REI.com

I had a gap long sleeve cotton t and it was nice... if you're looking for cotton.

Honestly for working out, I don't understand your infatuation with cotton. I have a long sleeved Nike shirt I use for working out in, it has a nice slim fit and held up good. It's not cotton.

Just go to any sporting goods store and look around, or go to an REI if you have one close.