Long shot - Solvang in California

Æbleskiver are great. Took my wife through there once and she was not wanting to make the stop. Got some Æbleskivers and she loves them so much she purchased be a pan to make them. If you make them on your own, med-low heat or you will burn them on the outside and raw in the middle. I totally cut and pasted "Æbleskiver".

Has anyone ever been there? It's a really pretty Danish town and I'm thinking about going for a few days over the Christmas break. It looks super quaint, loads of wineries and tasting rooms and who doesn't like a Danish pastry?
@Luke Hand Cool you should come as well!

solvang_ca_windmill_shops_solvangusa_com_jpg-650x434.jpg

5fb8303aed036.image.jpg

Visit-Solvang-California-colorful-buildings.jpg

5c12c2191df16.image.jpg

That looks super cool. Are you and your boo gonna move there??

Been there dozens of times. Great little area.

Btw, why did you state “Long shot?” Everybody in SoCal knows about it.

Lol, driven by a bunch, always wondered if it's the IHOP of spilt pea.

Got a recommendation for the good stuff?

I would say just go to the Hitching Post in Casmalia. It's about 25 minutes North. The Hitching Post II in Buellton isn't good, but the one in Casmalia has some of the best steak I've ever had.

It was just how you phrased your question that threw me off. Solvang is immensely popular.

No idea why it is. There really isn't anything all that great in the area. Both the Pho and the Ramen spots are merely above average. Sol Brew makes some of the worst beer I've ever had. FSW is solid if you like wild ales, but it's far from top tier. The tourists just bog everything down. It's so busy. There's a ton of traffic. You're better off hitting SB or going north to SLO. I don't get the appeal of Faux Denmark. It's marked up far too much.

Back