Long shot - Solvang in California

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been there? It's a really pretty Danish town and I'm thinking about going for a few days over the Christmas break. It looks super quaint, loads of wineries and tasting rooms and who doesn't like a Danish pastry?
@Luke Hand Cool you should come as well!

solvang_ca_windmill_shops_solvangusa_com_jpg-650x434.jpg

5fb8303aed036.image.jpg

Visit-Solvang-California-colorful-buildings.jpg

5c12c2191df16.image.jpg

Never been but I always wanted to go ever since I watched Sideways, my favorite alcohol movie of all time
Im sure youve already seen it but just in case you havent, you really should check it out

Never been but I always wanted to go ever since I watched Sideways, my favorite alcohol movie of all time
Im sure youve already seen it but just in case you havent, you really should check it out

On Netflix or anything like that?

Solvang is awesome.

And for the love of God make sure you get some Æbleskiver while you're there.
Those look flippin lovely, so yes I definitely will.
Wtf I never even heard of it
I hadn't till this morning either.
I haven't seen it in years so I will if I end up booking it.

Stopped there once, seemed pretty cool. Didn't get to do much, was weird hours lots of stuff was closed and we were on a road trip back from Santa Barbara.

Solvang is awesome! Try the turkish coffee ice cream at the ice cream parlor. Amazing

I went there years ago. It's a cute little town. Lots of different food and sweets to try and useless trinkets to buy.

Don't rent those pedaling cars that everyone rides around in. They're insanely heavy and hard to pedal (or maybe my wife and kids just weren't pushing as hard as they said they were) but it was definitely no fun. I kept thinking how I wished I just rented us all separate bikes so everyone pulled their own weight

HTB1J06tXOYrK1Rjy0Fdq6ACvVXaA.jpg

I love going to caverns, stalagmites and stalagtites have fascinated me since going to Cheddar Gorge as a kid.
That place looks awesome.
nice! here's some other cool places in Northern Cal to must check out

Fern Canyon
Batter Point Lighthouse
Lava Beds National Monument
Faery Falls
Turtle Bay Exploration Park
Empire Mine State Park

It’s pretty cool… definitely a bit of a tourist trap but good weather, some good wine and restaurants, not a bad place to go

Back