Lombard's having a rough weight cut and wants to fight at 185 again...

He has to lose some muscle if he wants to drop to 170.
But when I see the picture in TS's OP, I doubt that he is getting rid of the biceps curls in his training schedule.
A watercut all the way to 170 isn't going to work out.
The fact that his bodyfat percentage is very low makes it harder to lose the weight and trying to stay as big as possible.

This is actually the opposite of what is true, the more muscle you have the more water weight your body can hold thus the more water weight you can safely cut. If you ever notice all the biggest weight cutters have very low body fat percentage and generally have a good amount of muscle mass.

We need 165 and 175 divisions to bridge the gap between 155 and 185, not just 170.

Whenever someone suggests a 195 division or a 225 division this is pretty much what I suggest, 155 and 170 are the deepest divisions so if were going to have a new division or two it would be best to put them near those divisions. WW could become 175 and just create 165.

This is actually the opposite of what is true, the more muscle you have the more water weight your body can hold thus the more water weight you can safely cut. If you ever notice all the biggest weight cutters have very low body fat percentage and generally have a good amount of muscle mass.

Makes sense, I remember Nate Marquardt talking about this so it validates it.
I'm fucking skinny so I would never know this :D

Just means he has less weight he can lose due to dieting and exercise leading up to the cut.

What he can cut is what he can sweat

If I knew ahead of time that aggressive Nate was going to show up, I would bet on him every time.

Unfortunately, he's hit and miss. Some days he's a badass, sometimes he's timid as hell. And lately I have no idea which version of Nate we're going to see

Hasnt he tested positive more than once for PED's?

The answer to your question should self evident.

We need 165 and 175 divisions to bridge the gap between 155 and 185, not just 170.

No, we don't. If you want 15 weight classes, go watch boxing. Creating more weight classes would dilute the product way too much.

Whenever someone suggests a 195 division or a 225 division this is pretty much what I suggest, 155 and 170 are the deepest divisions so if were going to have a new division or two it would be best to put them near those divisions. WW could become 175 and just create 165.

When you can make the next lower weight class by taking a big dump, the weight classes are too close.

No, we don't. If you want 15 weight classes, go watch boxing. Creating more weight classes would dilute the product way too much.

Absolutely agree. It is up to these individual athletes to get the proper help and guidance to successfully make weight, and all this talk about more weight classes should not be the issue.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 5m
Lombard says he's around 178 right now. He says the weight cut has been tough and wants to fight again at 185…

He's two days out so he should be fine weight wise, but that's kind of worrying that he's already thinking of 185 again

EDIT: Here he is 2 weeks ago. Kinda hard to wonder where the last 8lbs is coming off from...

BVgshZwCUAA_8Mm.jpg

Marquardt is all of a sudden looking like a safe bet

Back