Lombard's having a rough weight cut and wants to fight at 185 again...

It's stupid to say he couldn't hack it at 185. He throttled Palhares, got robbed against Boetsch, and lost a 29-28 to Okami. That's easily a top 10 mw. He only had one legit, but competitive loss at 185, and that means he can't hack it? Some people are so easily influenced. It really is embarrassing. It's a very child-like attribute.

It's also stupid to say you don't feel bad for him having trouble cutting weight when the UFC basically forced him to drop to 170. It was either that, or get released because he was coming off a loss and making a ridiculous amount of money. So he and the UFC went for the fresh start - a 170 lb Lombard making 300K to show, even though he'd have to risk his health to be re-marketed.

In my opinion he was robbed against boetsch and he took 1 and 3 against okami

3-0 at middleweight

In my opinion he was robbed against boetsch and he took 1 and 3 against okami

3-0 at middleweight

I don't agree about vs. Okami, but it's worth noting he won the fight as a whole. He did significantly more damage. He had Okami badly hurt in the 3rd rd, but bailed him out by falling into his guard. If you win fights as a whole, most times you're going to win them by round. It just so happens his best moments weren't spread out, they were heavily in one. If you do that fight several times, he probably wins most because they are more spread out, his moments.

His performances were definitely worth sticking at mw and seeing where he stood long-term against a variety of top 15 opposition. Not vs. 3 opponents, one he dominated, two of which he lost close against, one undeservedly. But the UFC leveraged him into moving down. Other than the Boetsch robbery, the huge contract may have also been a terrible thing for his UFC/MW career. If he was making 100K instead of 300K, the UFC probably leaves him alone instead of giving him an ultimatum. Hopefully he can win this fight and get the leverage back. Then if he doesn't win his next fight at mw clearly to regenerate some hype, that's on him.

It's stupid to say he couldn't hack it at 185. He throttled Palhares, got robbed against Boetsch, and lost a 29-28 to Okami. That's easily a top 10 mw. He only had one legit, but competitive loss at 185, and that means he can't hack it? Some people are so easily influenced. It really is embarrassing. It's a very child-like attribute.

It's also stupid to say you don't feel bad for him having trouble cutting weight when the UFC basically forced him to drop to 170. It was either that, or get released because he was coming off a loss and making a ridiculous amount of money. So he and the UFC went for the fresh start - a 170 lb Lombard making 300K to show, even though he'd have to risk his health to be re-marketed.

In short he cant hack it

The guy is like 5 feet tall. He should be able to make 170 without issue.

dude needs to lay off them weights, no way he holds that much mass training for endurance.

I do not feel bad for people that have trouble cutting weight. I wish weight cutting wasn't allowed and you had to fight people that you know weigh the same as you.

I feel the same way.

BUT

Wasn't this UFC's idea, didn't the UFC push him to drop to 170?

Nate at +145....If Nate can last long enough until Lombard gasses out...

I don't want Lombard at 185, his frame is too small for that, he just needs to dolce diet and do more cardio. I want to see

170lb Lombard fights: Nick Diaz, Lawler, Hendricks, Koscheck, Matt Brown

Dan Hardy and Paul Daley would also be awesome

185 Lombard fights: Leben, Wand, Cung Le, Bisping, Belfort,

Just keep him away from big wrestlers at 185

Out of all the match ups you listed, I'd only bet on Lombard against Leben, or Hardy if he had a good heart. I'd bet on all of the other guys you mentioned over Lombard.

Said this

He will have 1-2 fights max before coming up

If he loses he should be cut, always said he was overrated

If he is 178 now, I think he will make weight, but he had a lot of muscle to lose so I imagine it must be terrible making weight

How much muscle did he lose? Has anyone seen what he looks like, he was way too muscular for MMA before.

Back