Lombard w/ cardio = scary

bcwubi

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
He's a nightmare for anyone at 170 if he continues to fight smart, pace himself, and improve his cardio.

Side note: a bit surprised he's 36. I know he had a long career before UFC, but didn't think he was quite that old.

yeah...burkman didnt go down but alot of people would.

I don't see him improving anything but game plans at this stage. He needs two more fights of top opponents for a shot and I don't see those going too well for him, but who knows. Every fight is different.

Didnt see the fight, but I have seen mixed reactions about his performance. Curious about how did he do.

It's not like Robbie is gonna run away from him, throwing just 2-3 hard counters in the entire first round.

I'd love to see Hendricks v. Lombard next, Hendricks will pressure him, take him down, wall 'n stall, and then finish him late. Matt Brown would make it look even easier. Honestly, I'm not sure Lombard could beat Koscheck, or Paulhares in a rematch for that matter. He's lost to Okami and Boetsch in two of his last six fights.

Lombard has been gifted easy matchups, and he hasn't always looked impressive. Hell, he hasn't always won them (see above). One of the most overrated fighters in the UFC. UFC's goal is to make him a marketable contender, but the Burkman fight didn't help him. Burkman just lost to Steve Carl and then arguably took the first round from Lombard.

Last edited:
Not really, after tonight's performance I don't think he beats Hendricks, MacDonald, or Lawler.

really impressed by the way he's been pacing himself recently

it's a good thing the ufc stopped off season drug testing

Back