Lombard vs. Okami set for UFC Japan

First funny thing is this is a battle of the nicknames. "lightning" Lombard Vs "Thunder" Okami.

Anyway. Okami will win this, mark my words.

Sure, Lombard is damn dangerous, but he is also very small (height wise). Okami wont have much problem taking him down IMO, especially if he can wear on him a little bit. If lombards arms tire a bit, this fight will be Okami's for the taking, and he will do what he's done in 90% of his UFC fights; take his opponent down, control and damage him on his way to a UD.

For sure Lombard could win this, but honestly i can only see this happening in a quick and violent first 2/3 minutes of the fight. Okami CAN gameplan for this and stack the fight in his favour. I think the real danger for him though is how he likes to clinch, and then work the takedown. This is the position that Lombard could really hurt him, but honestly he will be well aware of this and can adjust some things to give him a bit more of an advantage.

Also, I like Okami. He's so stoic and cool and stuff

This event is awesome!
fuel-8-poster.JPG

Gomi, Hunt, Okami, and Wandy for the wins!

This event is awesome!
fuel-8-poster.JPG

Heart says Silva, Hunt, Gomi, Okami. Brain says Stann, Struve, Sanchez, Lombard :(

Why, Yushin? Whyy?? Nightmare matchup, just like Rousimar :(

I have a feeling it would be another win for Okami. Lombard has to make this exciting but with their styles, I think Okami will get the better in the end

Lombard is gonna KO Okami.

I dunno if Okami never had a great chin or it wore out but he's been getting rocked at pretty much any solid shot. I'll be really surprised if Okami manages to win this one.

Hunt via spectacular KO tho.

It seems like this FUEL Japan main card is more stacked than a lot of UFC PPV main cards.

It's weird to think UFC is putting star power on FUEL cards to grow FUEL if they are going to move over to FOX Sports 1/SPEED channel.

First funny thing is this is a battle of the nicknames. "lightning" Lombard Vs "Thunder" Okami.

Anyway. Okami will win this, mark my words.

Sure, Lombard is damn dangerous, but he is also very small (height wise). Okami wont have much problem taking him down IMO, especially if he can wear on him a little bit. If lombards arms tire a bit, this fight will be Okami's for the taking, and he will do what he's done in 90% of his UFC fights; take his opponent down, control and damage him on his way to a UD.

For sure Lombard could win this, but honestly i can only see this happening in a quick and violent first 2/3 minutes of the fight. Okami CAN gameplan for this and stack the fight in his favour. I think the real danger for him though is how he likes to clinch, and then work the takedown. This is the position that Lombard could really hurt him, but honestly he will be well aware of this and can adjust some things to give him a bit more of an advantage.

Also, I like Okami. He's so stoic and cool and stuff

What you said up above could very well happen as that's Yushin's MO.

But I think Okami could just beat Lombard by jabbing, moving, jabbing.

Heart says Silva, Hunt, Gomi, Okami. Brain says Stann, Struve, Sanchez, Lombard :(

Why, Yushin? Whyy?? Nightmare matchup, just like Rousimar :(

Same here bro.

It is true. Damn i hate to see Okami get KTFO two straight times in his home country, but that is about to happen now.

http://www.ufc.com/news/okami-added-to-march-3-japan-card?f8

I felt bad for him in the Boetsch fight, since he was controlling it and was en route to getting a win after getting embarrassed by Silva. But after the Belcher LnP effort, I can't say I'd be unhappy with a Lombard KO here. In fact, I might crack a smile.

I felt bad for him in the Boetsch fight, since he was controlling it and was en route to getting a win after getting embarrassed by Silva. But after the Belcher LnP effort, I can't say I'd be unhappy with a Lombard KO here. In fact, I might crack a smile.

Just to be clear, i am not rooting against Okami. I felt terrible for him in the Boetsch fight. He was winning the fight but got caught in the end. I hope Okami can pull this off in front of his countrymen, but i see this being a terrible matchup for him. I had the same feeling about Palhares vs. Lombard. Hopefully Okami proves me wrong and pulls it out. The only way he can beat Lombard is to duplicate his performance against Belcher.

Thing is Hector is not the easiest guy to take down, and he hits like a truck as well. This Japan card is much better than some PPV's from 2012 (June Brazil card headlining by Franklin vs. Wand, and the Calgary Card with the snoozefest between Kongo and Jordan back in July).

If Okami gets out of Round 1 (and there is a very good chance of this happening) I think he is going to embarrass, yes embarrass Lombard.

This's very interesting... will Okami be able to take down and control, maybe even finishing with ground 'n pound or an arm-triangle choke, Lombard, or will Lombard's Olympic Judo base be enough to stop Okami from taking him down, leaving him able to get a KO striking? Or will Okami's ever-improving striking be enough by the time the fight comes around to be able to strike competitively with Lombard and avoid getting KO'd, maybe even oustriking him enough to get a UD?

Surprised so many people have Lombard winning this, I'll take okami by ud.

Back