Lombard vs. Okami set for UFC Japan

Don't be silly. UFC fighters don't fight twice within 60 days.

Oh my good lord... I do not want to see Okami KO'd again please. I do not think he can take Lombard down and he does not have the chin anymore to withstand a heavy shot from Lombard.

I really wanted to see Lombard vs Weidman...now we get to see Lombard ko him...in Japan...sad day bad day

As an Okami fan....NOOOOOOOOO! Okami better fight smart, and fight the fight of his life.

WOWWW

I love this fight. That Japan card just got even more stacked.

Ok so its kinda like your making a pizza. You got crust, cheese, and toppings but, you got no sauce... so I dont want your pizza

i think i just face palmed myself into living death :rolleyes:

holy shit has this card gotten stacked. When this card was first announced, we all thought this was gonna be like the other Fuel cards, but apart from the main event, this card looks just as good as the first Japan event... if not better.

Also surprised they're sending someone to Japan that they're paying so much money to in Lombard, especially when he won't be getting much television exposure. Guess they're still attacking the Japanese market guns a blazing.

Just add Horiguchi as the final fight and this card will be a hardcore MMA fan's wet dream.

Well, I guess now we get to see what Lombard does against a game opponent who can wrestle and likes to jab.

If true, Lombard via KO is a good bet. Okami doesn't take a great shot anymore and Lombard could probably KO anyone. Yushin likely can't get Hector down, either.

yea, although i expect lombard to be a favorite here, for those same reasons

i wonder what kind of line will come out - its hard to see how okami takes this one, he has great skills, but lombard is a tough matchup for a guy with strong grappling and not much on the feet - lombard is an exceptional grappler and also has ko power, okami has been dropped a good amount recently, particularly by boetsch and anderson, so i think people will expect the same in this fight

i think lombard is also building up hype again - he barely lost the first fight as is, so i think its well deserved - i give him a pass on his first fight, its not like he got outclassed

This event is awesome!
fuel-8-poster.JPG

I got Okami on this one.

It's gonna be another case of ppl picking Belcher to beat him, but nope, they're gonna be disappointted, again.

With Okami's win over Belcher he should be coming in more confident again. The losses to Anderson and Boestch should be behind him...

okami has been dropped a good amount recently, particularly by boetsch and anderson, so i think people will expect the same in this fight
Boetsch never knocked down Lombard. Silva knocks out pretty much everyone so why bring that up?

Back