Lombard vs Macdonald

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Is this fight confirmed? I heard Ariel mention it on the MMA hour but haven't heard anything. Would love to see this fight because I believe both of them have the potential to beat Hendricks or Lawler.

I'm taking Macdonald because his reach and he is very good at using it. As much as I would like to see Hendricks get desparate again vs Lawler I think the WW division needs a champ that can string wins together. With 5 rounds I think Rory is much more dangerous then either because of his superior cardio and is more consistent in rounds then Hendricks or Lawler.

I hope this fight happens because it would be hard to deny the winner a title shot.

If Rory wins, he will get the title shot. If Lombard wins, probably not, unless he KO's Rory.

I don't think the fight has been booked. If Hendricks loses to Brown, or gets injured, maybe Rory will fight for the title in the summer.

I doubt Brown or Lombard will be given the nod, unless they do something spectacular.

Hopefully this happens and Rory gets the W. Rory will have def earned his title shot if he beats Lombard.

Would love for Lombard to KO Rory but i cant see it happening.

Would love for Lombard to KO Rory but i cant see it happening.

in his last fights, Lombard was to gunshy and if you don't push Rory, he would just jab and kick you all the day till the bell rang.

Lombard has a punchers chance at best.

I'd expect it to look very similar to the woodley fight.

*no bias obviously.

Hopefully we get to see Lombard take Rory for a ride like he did to Sheilds.

Okami and Boetsch outstriked Lombard. Enough said. Rory by day in the office

I think Lombard will iniate the clinch and send Rory for a ride. Lombard is so strong at WW and I don't see why people would count him out. He's a very experienced fighter and has looked impressive at WW yeah he didn't ko Burkman and Shields but who has? I'm just saying I've never seen anyone dismantle shields the way he did(aside from Ellenberger) but I don't think that fight holds much weight considering Shields Dad died right before that fight. Shields 2 best wins at WW while not won in impressive fashion are the same as Rory's Woodley and Maia. It'll be a tough fight for Rory, fanboys. I think Lombard has learned his lesson from the boetsch and Okami fights. And you can still argue that he won those fights so one has really beaten Lombard in the UFC

If Hector comes in to grapple I think he has a chance.
Stand up, no way Rory gets put away imo

I think Lombard will iniate the clinch and send Rory for a ride. Lombard is so strong at WW and I don't see why people would count him out.

Rory just won't allow Lombard to initiate the clinch. If you dont see Lombard's issues to deal with long reach and to close the distance, then you have a problem

I think Lombard has learned his lesson from the boetsch and Okami fights. And you can still argue that he won those fights so one has really beaten Lombard in the UFC

What lesson are you talking about? This is not just about attitude but about skill. Lombard's footwork is awful.
He had no answer to Boetsch in-and-out footwork
He had no answer to Okami's jab and a pretty basic footwork to cut angles
Even against Burkman he looked quite clumsy trying to get inside when Burkman just stood in front of him waiting to counter.

Rory is miles ahead of the three guys mentioned above at controlling distances and striking technique. So it doesnt matter if Lombard can overpwer Rory in the clinch or not. He wont have a chance to prove it.
*He would not have the gas tank to keep it on anyways

I cannot wait until rory kick's Hector's ass. He won't put him away, but there won't be any fans asking for a rematch.

Hopefully we get to see Lombard take Rory for a ride like he did to Sheilds.

Rory will not try to grapple with Lombard, he'll gain his distance back as soon as Lombard moved forward, watch the Woodely fight.

Back