Lombard VS GSP, Who wins?

Phahahahaahahhahaahaahahahahahahhaahahhaahahahahah

GSP
50-45

/Thread.

Lombard hits hard, but he's not on GSP's level. He'll get neutralized and gas. Let's not forget that Lombard recently dropped decisions to Boetsch and Okami, and TS thinks he can fight GSP? He needs to win a few first.

He would most likely lose by decision BUT he has a style tailor made to give GSP problems and has a better chance than most to catch him. It would all depend on how well his judo background could stop GSP's take downs. Remember, GSP's wrestling hasn't looked as foolproof after surgery as it did before surgery. Diaz was even able to shrug off some of his takedowns. I just think that if Lombard was taken down by GSP, he would be unable to get up or do anything from his back.

Another thing to remember is that GSP had an injured Achilles tendon and was sick when he fought Diaz. Not really the best fight to bring up to judge where his wrestling is at after the knee injury.

Yea sure TS, lombard is too strong. Lombard via chokeslam.

Lombard has 5 rounds to KO GSP.
GSP has 5 rounds to lose.

I highly doubt that GSP can finish Lombard so this would be an awful matchup for GSP but I see Lombard gassing and GSP wrestling him.

But people forget that Lombard's wrestling is spectacular.

If Lombard's wrestling is "spectacular" GSP's wrestling is godmode

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people are willing to tout a fighter as the one to dethrone GSP. Haven't we been down this road before, numerous times over the last half dozen years? Tenacious grinders. Heavy handed strikers with elite wrestler. Elite strikers with elite BJJ ground game. Elite strikers with top level take down defense. Elite grapplers. Elite strikers. Elite wrestlers. Everyone one was supposed to have the skills do expose GSP... and he 50-45 all of them. The reality is GSP has faced everyone combination of combat skills short of matching up with someone as well rounded as himself and he has outclassed all of them. By a huge margin. Since GSP won't fight Rory, Hendrick is last litmus test for GSP, and Hendrick only a harder hitting facsimile of Koscheck with a much worse gas tank.

No fighter at WW has the skill set to beat GSP. That's not to say he is unbeatable, obviously there are fighters that given the right circumstances could pull out the win with the right about of luck, but if GSP fought all his challengers ten times, he would win an overwhelming majority of those fights. Now time and injury will eventually catch up with GSP and he'll have either retired or he'll start to lose, but prime GSP at the best of his abilities is the best. Period. There isn't a fighter active today at Welter Weight that can beat him by being the superior fighter.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people are willing to tout a fighter as the one to dethrone GSP. Haven't we been down this road before, numerous times over the last half dozen years? Tenacious grinders. Heavy handed strikers with elite wrestler. Elite strikers with elite BJJ ground game. Elite strikers with top level take down defense. Elite grapplers. Elite strikers. Elite wrestlers. Everyone one was supposed to have the skills do expose GSP... and he 50-45 all of them. The reality is GSP has faced everyone combination of combat skills short of matching up with someone as well rounded as himself and he has outclassed all of them. By a huge margin. Since GSP won't fight Rory, Hendrick is last litmus test for GSP, and Hendrick only a harder hitting facsimile of Koscheck with a much worse gas tank.

No fighter at WW has the skill set to beat GSP. That's not to say he is unbeatable, obviously there are fighters that given the right circumstances could pull out the win with the right about of luck, but if GSP fought all his challengers ten times, he would win an overwhelming majority of those fights. Now time and injury will eventually catch up with GSP and he'll have either retired or he'll start to lose, but prime GSP at the best of his abilities is the best. Period. There isn't a fighter active today at Welter Weight that can beat him by being the superior fighter.

/thread

He would most likely lose by decision BUT he has a style tailor made to give GSP problems and has a better chance than most to catch him. It would all depend on how well his judo background could stop GSP's take downs. Remember, GSP's wrestling hasn't looked as foolproof after surgery as it did before surgery. Diaz was even able to shrug off some of his takedowns. I just think that if Lombard was taken down by GSP, he would be unable to get up or do anything from his back.

Diaz stuffed some of GSP's take downs in the later rounds because Diaz has demi-god level conditioning and a limitless gas tank. Not really sure how that helps Lombard - or anyone else for that matter - compose a strategy to beat GSP. Other than Nick Diaz there isn't a fighter alive who is going to look fresher in the champion rounds than GSP does. Not even Condit, and he has unreal cardio himself.

Lombard has 5 rounds to KO GSP.
GSP has 5 rounds to lose.

I highly doubt that GSP can finish Lombard so this would be an awful matchup for GSP but I see Lombard gassing and GSP wrestling him.

But people forget that Lombard's wrestling is spectacular.

notsureifserious.gif

Any fighter that wins a fight by impressive Ko/Sub can beat GSP, Sherdog logic

Another thing to remember is that GSP had an injured Achilles tendon and was sick when he fought Diaz. Not really the best fight to bring up to judge where his wrestling is at after the knee injury.

Really? Never head that. Not saying it's not true, but do you have a source for that?

Way way way to soon to be talkign about him un a title fight at a weight he has only ever competed at once. Hopefully, he will get his wish in the form of a fight in Australia and hopefully it is against either Hyun Gyu Lim or Gong Hyun Kim, Both guys match up in very interesting ways and would be a good draw on teh event.

Back