Lombard VS GSP, Who wins?

GSP would get knocked out cold before he tries to tap out to strikes

That's hardly a question. GSP would take him down at will. 50-44

It would be a cool match up, but GSP will probably just take him down in all 5.

Just don't give him Kampmann, because then everybody will complain about the doctor not stepping in...

.. And Kampmann is my favorite UFC fighter :(

He needs to fight a wrestler at 170 first.

Of the 170 lb'ers that were on last night's card, Amagov impressed me more than Lombard. His clinch-work was very good. Not saying Amagov's near a top contender right now, but I can't wait to see this guy again versus some of the UFC's top WW's.

Like Hendricks, Lombard's game plan seemed to be land the big power overhand. When GSP loses, it's likely going to be to a technical and well-rounded fighter who can implement a solid game plan. I just don't see that in either Lombard or Hendricks.

I think if there's only one WW who I would favour to topple GSP right now, it's Condit.

Every time Lombard gets a KO everyone thinks hes the next Mike Tyson.

Rory, Condit, Ellenburger would all beat him before he ever reaches GSP.

GSP.

Wouldn't even be close.

Lombard has 5 rounds to KO GSP.
GSP has 5 rounds to lose.

I highly doubt that GSP can finish Lombard so this would be an awful matchup for GSP but I see Lombard gassing and GSP wrestling him.

But people forget that Lombard's wrestling is spectacular.

Although technically, Lombard has what it takes to be a huge fan favourite, I can't get behind the guy. I feel like he's just a superhumanly powerful testosterone factory and that's all he has. To me he seems like a bigger version of melvin guillard. He's got the physical attributes to overwhelm a lot of guys but I think that somebody like condit (who is far less athletic then him) will be able to neutralize him. GSP might be able to as well, but I don't know if he can weather the early storm as well as Condit.

GSP would beat an in shape Lombard but Hector has cardio issues and was complaining a lot about the cut to WW, so it would be really ugly with the pace GSP can fight at.

He would most likely lose by decision BUT he has a style tailor made to give GSP problems and has a better chance than most to catch him. It would all depend on how well his judo background could stop GSP's take downs. Remember, GSP's wrestling hasn't looked as foolproof after surgery as it did before surgery. Diaz was even able to shrug off some of his takedowns. I just think that if Lombard was taken down by GSP, he would be unable to get up or do anything from his back.

Back