Lombard tweets at Brown, not impressed with him

there are no hector lombard fans in this thread. Just matt brown haters.

You got less than 5 minutes to get it done, hector. After that, matt brown isn't impressed with your cardio.

this

If Matt got out of the first round, he would break Hector.

Good fight if it happens. Despite having a spotty UFC run so far, Hector is a good measuring stick to see if Brown deserves a top contender or even a title shot.

I think Hector hurts him bad standing and has the killer instinct to finish him.

I don't really think Hector's run has been spotty. He lost a split in his first fight, that could just be UFC jitters. He then KO'ed a guy in Rousmiar Palhares that everyone on this site has a hard on for. Then he narrowly losses to Yushin Okami who's been top ten for about a decade. Then massacres former title challenger Nate Marquardt and then adds a decision over Jake Shields to boot. He's done about as good as I expected and I could still easily see him winning a title.

Would be dank. Lombard either knocks his head off early or he tires out and gets pummeled by Brown until he can no longer stand.

I'm a big fan of both.Only reason I don't want to see this fight right now.These 2 and Lawler are my favorite WW fighters so I guess they'll be crossing paths soon anyway.
Think Lombard will win but Brown could be trouble for him if he doesn't have better cardio this fight.

There are no Hector Lombard fans in this thread. Just Matt Brown haters.

You got less than 5 minutes to get it done, Hector. After that, Matt Brown isn't impressed with your cardio.

THIS! I take Lombard in the 1st, and Brown the other 2 - 4.

Matt Brown won't move forward against Lombard. Lombard by t.k.o

Matt Brown won't move forward against Lombard. Lombard by t.k.o

You must not know Matt Brown. Moving forward is all he knows how to do.

Lombard looks like a monster... when he's fighting guys who are scared of him like Palhares, Marquardt and Shields were. In those fights, they let Lombard set the pace. Lombard likes to stand stationary and swat at flies until his opponent throws something hesitantly at him, then he swarms.

Brown will not be scared of him. He will not let Hector dictate the pace. He will not let Hector swat at flies in the standup. Brown has never lost to strikes. Lombard has the power to hurt Brown, but Brown is not easy to finish. In a 5 Rounder I'd pick Brown via drowning Lombard in elbows in the clinch once Lombard is too tired to hold Brown down. Brown's super active off of his back, if Lombard takes him down, he's gonna have to work his ass off to keep him down, which will work in Brown's favor more and more as the fight goes on.

Nate Diaz also wants to fight Brown. I would rather see that fight instead. Two guys with great cardio and are tough to stop who like to bang. Make it a 5 rounder on a smaller card!

You must not know Matt Brown. Moving forward is all he knows how to do.

Lombard looks like a monster... when he's fighting guys who are scared of him like Palhares, Marquardt and Shields were. In those fights, they let Lombard set the pace. Lombard likes to stand stationary and swat at flies until his opponent throws something hesitantly at him, then he swarms.

Brown will not be scared of him. He will not let Hector dictate the pace. He will not let Hector swat at flies in the standup. Brown has never lost to strikes. Lombard has the power to hurt Brown, but Brown is not easy to finish. In a 5 Rounder I'd pick Brown via drowning Lombard in elbows in the clinch once Lombard is too tired to hold Brown down. Brown's super active off of his back, if Lombard takes him down, he's gonna have to work his ass off to keep him down, which will work in Brown's favor more and more as the fight goes on.

And that is EXACTLY why Brown will get knocked the fuck out. You just don't do that against a guy like Lombard.

If Brown uses the same strategy that Tim Boetsch used, which is to pick his shots from the outside, he may have a chance

Last edited:
if those two fight, what is the dong left with?
for a while, a lot of people were screaming for lombard vs dong.
need more dong action!

Lombard via steamroll.

If Brown pulled off the upset, I would never doubt him ever again.

Good point.

I take Lombard by total domination, but man (or other), if Brown can pull off the upset, he will be a major contender in my eyes and will have improved his game more than any fighter ever in the UFC.

All week since past tuesday Lombard has been vocal about Brown, and Brown basically ignores him and calls out Nick Diaz. Lombard would finish Brown. Brown is a good fighter, but he has yet to face a top ten fighter. He got hurt by Silva, and Lombard hits ten times harder than Silva. Hopefully Matt Brown signs on the dotted line.

Brown's style is going to get him KTFO'd by Lombard

Back