Lombard on title shot: "One fight at a time", "I want it to just be my hard work."

Read the article, he's not calling out Silva or saying he should get a title shot. He's saying that realistically he's not going to get Silva so he needs to work his way back up

You people crack me up with the "earn the shot first" and "do something to earn it like win your first fight". We all know that this isn't how the UFC works in the first place not to mention his prior accolades and the fact that he was injured in the first fight. He's saying himself that he needs to earn it so...

It's amazing how much people bend information at their convenience to fit their agenda.

I really don't even care if he gets a title shot or not but had to comment on the ridiculousness going on 'round here.

I would like to see it and think we will see sooner than most think. There's not much left in the MW div for Anderson.

Edited the OP and the thread title to cut back on this hatchet job.

Not your fault TS, I understand that was the story headline.

omg sherdog proves again that so many idiots exist what are you guys on about? he doesn't call anyone out he says he wants to earn his shot and take it one fight at a time . Also Lombard was robbed in his debut won in all aspects of the fight although a boring fight the fractured sternum would be the reason for that and also Boetsch running away the whole fight.

Lombard didn't lose to Boetsch. Those judges fucked that decision up bad.

Um... how so? What did Lombard do to win that fight, and what exactly makes that decision so "fucked" anyway? I've seen a few robberies, but that certainly wasn't one of them.

Just for the record, Lombard did get a couple of takedowns, but Boetch outlanded Lombard by more than 2-1 in significant strikes for the whole fight, outstriking him in every round.

Source:

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3963

I think it's hard to make the argument that Lombard won that fight, much less got screwed out of a decision.

I love his attitude. He by no means deserves a shot vs Anderson, but he just says "fuck it" and and says he'll just beat everyone until there is no question. Gotta respect that.

Um... how so? What did Lombard do to win that fight, and what exactly makes that decision so "fucked" anyway? I've seen a few robberies, but that certainly wasn't one of them.

Just for the record, Lombard did get a couple of takedowns, but Boetch outlanded Lombard by more than 2-1 in significant strikes for the whole fight, outstriking him in every round.

Source:

I think it's hard to make the argument that Lombard won that fight, much less got screwed out of a decision.

Boetsch back-pedaled with leg kicks the entire fight. Lombard landed head strikes and takedowns. A poll on sherdog had Lombard winning. That's cool if you respect Boetsch's work in that fight, I don't. He put Lombard in no danger in that fight.

He did not lose to Boetsch, I thought He won the fight even though it was lackuster and boring as fuck, and I'm not a Lombard nuthugger but IMO, he did not lose the fight, that being said he will beat Okami as he will not get taken down and if he does he wont be down there a long time, plus Okami gets pretty tentative when he feels pressure on him, especially from a guy with power like Lombard.

Lombard isn't getting a title shot in the foreseeable future, if ever.

He did not lose to Boetsch, I thought He won the fight even though it was lackuster and boring as fuck, and I'm not a Lombard nuthugger but IMO, he did not lose the fight, that being said he will beat Okami as he will not get taken down and if he does he wont be down there a long time, plus Okami gets pretty tentative when he feels pressure on him, especially from a guy with power like Lombard.

I don't know man, Okami smoked Belcher from a technical grappling perspective, I did not see that coming at all. I'm done underestimating that guy.

Source:

Lombard got the significant strikes Tim had no significant strikes I don't get fight metric counting weakling leg taps significant strikes anyways Lombard stuffed all of tims takedown attempts lombard got the takedowns and a slam, moved forward tim ran away. Lombard knocked tim down with a leg kick and got some ground and pound in the judges were on crack Lombard should of got the w.

Either you sherdoggers have a reading comprehension deficiency, are trollers or just really hate Lombard.

He's basically saying what most of your guys are saying, he should only get it if he deserves it. He wants to fight the toughest guys until he's undoubtedly the number 1 contender.

Yeah he lost to Tim, but personally he won that fight. If he beats 4 or 3 top 10 guys, why not give him a shot?

Boetsch back-pedaled with leg kicks the entire fight. Lombard landed head strikes and takedowns. A poll on sherdog had Lombard winning. That's cool if you respect Boetsch's work in that fight, I don't. He put Lombard in no danger in that fight.

Actually, I don't think either guy did much that fight. It was pretty bad, and I didn't see either one put in any real danger. In a slow uneventful fight like that, I don't give either one credit for coming to fight. It really just boiled down to the fact that Lombard couldn't land while Boetsch could. Boetsch deserved the nod.

I don't really get how someone could feel passionately about Lombard getting fucked over by judges in for a performance like that. He did almost nothing and was clearly ineffective from what I was watching.

Either you sherdoggers have a reading comprehension deficiency, are trollers or just really hate Lombard.

He's basically saying what most of your guys are saying, he should only get it if he deserves it. He wants to fight the toughest guys until he's undoubtedly the number 1 contender.

Yeah he lost to Tim, but personally he won that fight. If he beats 4 or 3 top 10 guys, why not give him a shot?
Probably all the 3 Sherdog has always been a lombard hating forum creating bs rumors and no matter what the excuse just hate on him, thankfully soon enough that will change the guy is an excitement machine.

Actually, I don't think either guy did much that fight. It was pretty bad, and I didn't see either one put in any real danger. In a slow uneventful fight like that, I don't give either one credit for coming to fight. It really just boiled down to the fact that Lombard couldn't land while Boetsch could. Boetsch deserved the nod.

I don't really get how someone could feel passionately about Lombard getting fucked over by judges in for a performance like that. He did almost nothing and was clearly ineffective from what I was watching.

Lombard got take downs moved forward got significant strikes (hard punches to the face)stuffed all of tims takedown attempts got takedowns a slam, a knockdown and ground and pound simple... Lombard won lol Tim ran away and did leg taps they weren't even considered kicks. Also fighting and winning let alone walking with a fractured sternum is amazing shows alot of heart and toughness.

Back