Lombard on title shot: "One fight at a time", "I want it to just be my hard work."

at least hes actually calling out the champ.
i dont understand why people give him shit for losing to boetsch. its not like he got finished or even UD'd
it was a controversial SD, that many people think he should have won.

Nothing wrong with trying to shit-talk your way into a fight with Silva I suppose. Look at how it worked for Sonnen.

Whether it works or not, is really up to the UFC. After his fizzling debut against Boetsch, I don't see it happening.

they're not just gonna "give" him Silva, he will have to earn his shot, even tho that's not very popular to do anymore

do something to earn it.

like show up to fight in your debut.

he did exactly what he had to do in that debut to earn a title shot - he just forgot to rant and rave and call silva names afterwards so it's back in line for him

You guy should actually READ things.

""Let's cut the bullshit, let's be honest, they won't give me Anderson Silva. We have to be realistic and talk about things that might happen. I've got to take one fight at a time and one-by-one I can take them out and by the end of the year people are going to say he deserves the title shot. I want it to just be my hard work. I want people to say that no one deserves the title more than him."

i dont understand why people give him shit for losing to boetsch. its not like he got finished or even UD'd

Weidman does this same thing and he gets even more shit about it and people tell him to stop crying and wait his turn

I haven't heard one person make the claim that Lombard won that fight except a athletic commission judge and we all know how good they are at picking winners.

He would have gotten it if he KO'd Tim.

He had broken sternum. That's a pretty good excuse for losing a fight, and I don't even like the guy.

I really do want to see him get a title shot just in case he ever loses again. Hector vs Anderson would be awesome.

I'd rather see Lombard fight Silva instead of Bisping. At least Lombard has power so he has a slim chance at beating Silva, Bisping has no chance.

I know it's a bit older but as to how old I am not sure as he's calling out Okami in this interview and he's now scheduled to fight him....but you gotta give it to Hector saying he wishes the UFC would make up a list of the toughest fights at 185....all the guys who people don't wanna fight in his weight class and he wants to fight them....I think he can work his way to a title shot....I think he also beats Okami....do I think he beats Silva...no....but it does make for an interesting fight as he's aggressive and has Olympic level Judo....but his reach and height against Silva I believe is his downfall...im 99% sure he gets picked apart on the feet....but overall do yas think he will make his way to the title and enjoy his style of fighting and fighter spirit? Im glad he made his way over minus out his first fight....have a good one guys and girls.....

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/gener...ts-honest-ufc-wont-give-me-anderson-silv.html

Chael Sonnen seems to like Hector Lombard, probably, cause Chael has said before every fighter should be calling the champ out. Hector likes to call allot of people out.

What a whiner. He's 1-1 in the UFC with a loss to Tim Boetsch. Get a couple of wins together at least before crying conspiracy.

I ve never ...ever..seen anyone with the mouth on this guy who has beaten absolutely no one....He was "tricked" into fighting a skinny as a rail, 21 year old Gegard Mousasi....that says it all.

Lombard didn't lose to Boetsch. Those judges fucked that decision up bad.

If he had beaten Boetsch, he would likely have been fast-tracked to a title shot immediately, or as soon as possible. With the loss, he now has to prove he deserves it. Okami is as good a gatekeeper at 185 as anybody, so I would think if he wins, he's at most 1 fight out from a title shot. That said, Silva is old, and probably wont defend too many more times, so he may resist fighting Lombard if it's not going to be a BIG fight.

Does anyone think Lombard vs A Silva would turn out like Lawler vs Diaz

Lombard didn't lose to Boetsch. Those judges fucked that decision up bad.

he didnt exactly deserve a win either. its his own fault imo.

Back