Lombard/Burkman Staredown

PoisonGodMachin

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
http://instagram.com/p/xXzO55vAzA/

Does anyone else know what Burkman was doing?, It looked like he completely zipped his face up and then unzipped when Lombard walked towards him. Was he trying to be funny or was he trying to get under Lombards skin? Whatever he was trying though I'm not sure was a good idea..

Burkman is crazy to step in there with Hector. He's going to be eating through a straw for a few weeks after this fight.

if josh can make hector work in the first and use some of his limited gas tank, rounds 2 and 3 could be closer than people think, assuming he survives the first and can stay upright.

i thought hector punched him in the chest but i was probably seeing things

Look at the comments on the video, people dont even realize Burkman has fought in the UFC.

Super Cuban will probably prove to be too much but Josh is savy. It would not surprise me if he found a way to pull it off.

http://instagram.com/p/xXzO55vAzA/

Does anyone else know what Burkman was doing?, It looked like he completely zipped his face up and then unzipped when Lombard walked towards him. Was he trying to be funny or was he trying to get under Lombards skin? Whatever he was trying though I'm not sure was a good idea..

I think people tend to overanalyze these weigh-ins a bit too much. I think it meant absolutely nothing.

Burkman seemed somewhat fidgety.

He zipped his whole face to be funny n lighten the mood considering he know everyone thinks it's a squash match, also didn't get punched in the chest he fist bumped hector, held his Fist out first

I thought he was trying to be funny, but then realised that the UFC and his possible sponsors might not like it if he covered his face in the limelight during photos. Or maybe he just thought it might be weird if he kept it zipped through the whole thing.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Oh, and it was just a fistbump, although Hector came in a bit strong and their hands didn't connect cleanly.

It's either that, or Illuminati.

Excited for this fight. Hectoring looks ready!

001_Burkman_and_Fitch.jpg

He zipped his whole face to be funny n lighten the mood considering he know everyone thinks it's a squash match, also didn't get punched in the chest he fist bumped hector, held his Fist out first

That's what i thought aswell because he seemed to be bewildered as to why Lombard was really pissed off, however he could have also been having a crack at Lombard being so rugged up before the fight, I dunno

I Think he zipped his face to be funny/get the upperhand by doing something out of the ordinary(Think Anderson's mask vs Belfort) but realized that he could lose alpha status if he didn't seek eye contact.

Back