Lomachenko-Lopez Similar to Mayweather-Maidana

UFCIsNOTRigged

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel that Lomachenko-Lopez was similar to Mayweather-Maidana, except for the fact Mayweather was ultimately able to come back despite arguably losing four of the first five rounds.

Both consisted of the then P4P kings being ambushed by the aggression of their lesser known and unheralded competition. A lot of Loma supporters seem to have been hoping for similar scorecards to the ones Floyd got where the judges gave him every close round plus a few he probably didn't deserve.

Anyone else feel that Lomachenko-Lopez was similar to Mayweather-Maidana, except for the fact Mayweather was ultimately able to come back despite arguably losing four of the first five rounds.

Both consisted of the then P4P kings being ambushed by the aggression of their lesser known and unheralded competition. A lot of Loma supporters seem to have been hoping for similar scorecards to the ones Floyd got where the judges gave him every close round plus a few he probably didn't deserve.

The only similarity is that Lopez is a dirty fighter like Chino.

Well except for the fact that Floyd outlanded Maidana over 12 and Maidana actually wasn't afraid to fight for the first 8 rounds.

Piss poor comparison, now I remember why I slowed down forum usage.
Floyd was the heavy favourite and won
Loma was the heavy favourite and lost

the only people that dispute the decisions are stupid.

Maidana did a good job considering it was floyd.

I still scored it 116-112 Floyd

ROFLMAO just heard an audio of Mayweather congratulating Lopez on the victory, "not trying to take anything away from Lopez" type of statement, where he points out Loma already lost to "Salida" <Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

He pronounces it 2xs that way, dude this guy cant turn it off, he's like a pro wrestler, mispronouncing other names in the sport like he's reading their name off a sheet for the first time in his life. Mayweather might die of malnutrition the day he can no longer feed his need to lord his celebrity status over others

well they both have the same first letter in their last names so I guess there's that going for hte comparison

loma lost the boxing match and only found small spurts of success when a fight broke out, it’s literally the exact opposite of maidana/floyd

I didnt see lopez throw any overcuts like Maidana was

This comparison is puzzling.
Maybe he simply means the smoother styles of Floyd and Loma vs the comparably lesser styles of their opponents?

I think Lopez is a lot more complete than Maidana though.

Maybe he simply means the smoother styles of Floyd and Loma vs the comparably lesser styles of their opponents?

I think Lopez is a lot more complete than Maidana though.

He is.

As for the comparison, maybe it's about a guy building an early lead and the other stepping on the gas pedal after a few rounds.

Looks like we've got several options available. I'll add another : these were 2 boxing fights.

He is.

As for the comparison, maybe it's about a guy building an early lead and the other stepping on the gas pedal after a few rounds.

Looks like we've got several options available. I'll add another : these were 2 boxing fights.

I like the view that both fights involved guys with last names that started with the same letter.

threads like this make me think boxing fans are the worst.

does OP think Maidana won? or loma won?

Back