Lomachenko doesn't counter.

i think your mistaken. that is the art of boxing. boxing is fist fighting, fist fighting is the art of out punching your opponent. if you what to hit someone hard you have to be willing to stand on the inside. watch your fight at the gas station again, you landed one really good shot and it was within the first ten seconds. you ducked down on to the back foot and threw a right hand, that is the drop and pop i talked about awhile ago in your bag work.
your obviously learning to set your weight on your back foot a lot better and are hitting a lot harder because of it. i bet you can feel a big difference in the power of your right hand.
i'm thinkin' that the new generation has you thinking that boxing means running like a bitch. well fighters like canelo and crawford are actually heaps better boxers than lomachenko.
don't underestimate the boxing skill of the likes of duran just because he was an aggressive fighter, he was actually a far better boxer than lomachenko.

No doubt. But Sanchez seemed like he wanted to brawl really. I wasn't saying that boxing they run like bitches.

I never really got how you put that much power in a lead uppercut.

And yes @eternaldarkness that fight at the gas station was wild and I saw what I did right and what the other guy did wrong. He basically puts everything into his strikes and I don't know why and sometimes over reaches. You can see it and that's how he wastes nearly all his energy. He also plays football so I guess that's how hes able to pace himself.

No doubt. But Sanchez seemed like he wanted to brawl really. I wasn't saying that boxing they run like bitches.

I never really got how you put that much power in a lead uppercut.
me neither, it's a hard punch to throw properly

i really appreciate loma's skill's but i think he would be a better fighter with a solid left cross counter before he moves off.

He’s a great boxer so this’ll sound weird but he’d gain a lot by focusing on the basics. That outside lean is usually bad especially in left-handed fights and he gets hit a lot trying to pull it off. Going up in weight means people won’t worry about his power so much and won’t bend for him to push down and matrix around the back. Even when they do they’re bigger people, so they’ll be harder to push down.

I think he needs to occupy the jab hand a little more with his own jab and focus on the right hook when they move their hand to the front to block it. But mostly focus on jabbing. I’m sure he knows all this already.

Back