Loma vs Campbell for vacant WBC lightweight title

eh. I still think the point stands tbh. I know it kinda sucks if your a loma diehard or whatever

But the brutal truth is he lost to a guy that most prospects that become something beat and most prospects who don’t become something lose to

Salido is pretty much the only kind of fighter a long-ass amateur career doesn't give you the blueprint to fight properly. That being said, he took the fight. That was definitely a bad move this early in his pro career. Also, he moved on pretty well.

Last edited:
eh. I still think the point stands tbh. I know it kinda sucks if your a loma diehard or whatever

But the brutal truth is he lost to a guy that most prospects that become something beat and most prospects who don’t become something lose to
The point stands but so does the context. The pro game is very different and he didnt know how to respond.

The point also stands that even in the pros Salido should have lost points or been DQ’d. Ya he lost. He also lost to bullshit tactics and a sickening display of reffing.

The point stands but so does the context. The pro game is very different and he didnt know how to respond.

The point also stands that even in the pros Salido should have lost points or been DQ’d. Ya he lost. He also lost to bullshit tactics and a sickening display of reffing.
Loma detractors always miss that bit out for some reason..... Someone who was actually attempting to be 'neutral' or balanced would bring those points up.

The Salido fight showed weakness, it exposed Lomachenkos inability to do anything if he couldn't back his guy up. His inability to do much inside. Those things are still there. He's in tougher fights because hes in with guys who don't shrivel at the first combo.
This is exactly the type of shit I was thinking of when I said that Loma detractors never give you a balanced view point. So what about the 100 plus low blows Seano? You don't think they had any effect on how the fight worked out. Let me ask you how should Loma have responded to the nut shots? He didn't do much on the inside because he was too busy blocking nut shots with his hands when he couldn't reach them with his elbows. But no, people like you never like to point out the nut shots. You refer to it in euthanisms like 'superior inside game', 'pro style boxing' or the 'body work'. Full of shit.

Salido is pretty much the only kind of fighter a long-ass amateur career doesn't give you the blueprint to fight properly. That being said, he took the fight. That was definitely a bad move this early in his pro career. Also, he moved on pretty well.

True, but it was a lesson learned. It has served him well since, like you say.

Loma detractors always miss that bit out for some reason..... Someone who was actually attempting to be 'neutral' or balanced would bring those points up.

lol you do not need to become emotional

I think Loma is very good. I just also think the Salido loss was a bit of a blackmark. Yeah there was bad reffing. He should have fired off fouls in response to Salido fouling him imo.

I would agree.

yeah. true.

What do you think of the idea that the way to beat Loma is to pressure him and keep him on the back foot? His last few fights, I have been noticing that if you pressure him, he responds a bit weird. He is very good on the attack when the opponent is waiting on him.

But i'd like to see him against someone who will stay in his chest the whole night with constant attacks ala Salido ( w/o the fouls). push him around a little.

he obviously is very good. But i am starting to see a way to have some success against him

This is exactly the type of shit I was thinking of when I said that Loma detractors never give you a balanced view point. So what about the 100 plus low blows Seano? You don't think they had any effect on how the fight worked out. Let me ask you how should Loma have responded to the nut shots? He didn't do much on the inside because he was too busy blocking nut shots with his hands when he couldn't reach them with his elbows. But no, people like you never like to point out the nut shots. You refer to it in euthanisms like 'superior inside game', 'pro style boxing' or the 'body work'. Full of shit.
When will you address all of Lomachenkos holding in that fight? One way street or whatever it was you said in the other thread.

What do you think of the idea that the way to beat Loma is to pressure him and keep him on the back foot? His last few fights, I have been noticing that if you pressure him, he responds a bit weird. He is very good on the attack when the opponent is waiting on him.

But i'd like to see him against someone who will stay in his chest the whole night with constant attacks ala Salido ( w/o the fouls). push him around a little.

he obviously is very good. But i am starting to see a way to have some success against him

I think we all would like to see him deal with a pressure, phone booth kind of fighter with his current craft. The fact of the matter is that only a few make it to world championship bouts nowadays. Salidos aren’t easy to find.

As he slows down he is more likely to run into a bigger guy with decent craft who’ll upset him with reach and pop, IMO.

Lomachenko could go on to be an all time great and people would still go " yeah but what about Salido he showed.......blah blah"

All that shows was he shouldn't have taken a seasoned pro in his second fight, who also came in a weight class heavier.

When will you address all of Lomachenkos holding in that fight? One way street or whatever it was you said in the other thread.
Yeah because holding which inflicts no damage to an opponent and ISN'T scored in response to repeated low blows that the ref was not doing anything about is a major crime. So there you go I just addressed it. Just get it in perspective Salido landed over 100 low blows which because the ref didn't deem them illegal were all counted as scoring shots!! Just let your tiny brain comprehend that for a minute. 100+ scoring shots which were actually illegal blows but the judges have to count them as legal because the ref let them go. Not really much of a victory for Salido is it? What if Salido had landed 100 plus leg kicks but the ref had let them go would you still be celebrating that as a victory? No you'd probably bleet on about Loma holding to stop the leg kicks......

Last edited:
The thing is Loma and his team either were totally unfamiliar with the pros (really?), getting bad advice or Loma just lacks a mean streak.

Refs rarely enforce anything in the pros. It's bs but that's the game and you have to adjust.

Salido also came in heavy, a tactical decision. Loma or someone on his team should have known the score then.

At the end of the day if you decide to strap up you have to take responsibility for the result.

You had Quigg do the same shit to Valdez. He was at least 1 and possibly 2 weight classes higher. We don't know since Quigg refused a 2nd day weigh in. Valdez took the fight against the advice of his team including his father.

He won but had his jaw broke and lost a tooth while breaking Quigg's nose.

I think that's because where i live amateur boxing is really all there is (in terms of accessibility). Amateur boxing is called olympic boxing here by the way.

The big guys and girl from my country train for Tokyo 2020

Going pro after an olympic career is perceived as going after the big bucks more than really testing yourself as an athlete. The gen pop I think sees pro boxing as an American affair.

We see it the opposite. The pros is where you show what type of boxer you are. 3 rounds, point fighting judging is for weak boxers imo plus the political decisions. It's why I quit watching amateurs.

Who fucking cares about the Salido fight? That was over 5 years ago lol. Was a great learning experience and now he doesn't have some stupid, meaningless zero to protect.

i think mikey is cashing out, unfortunately. i doubt he moves back down from 147, and i don't really expect him to have much success there.

I think that would be a terrible decision. He looked in terrible shape against Spence. I think 140 is already pushing it. 147 was stupidity

We see it the opposite. The pros is where you show what type of boxer you are. 3 rounds, point fighting judging is for weak boxers imo plus the political decisions. It's why I quit watching amateurs.
There is less interest in amateur boxing in america now because they don't win that many medals anymore and their are less boxers. Back in the 80's mike tyson was talking about how big the crowds at golden gloves tournaments were. I like the atitudes of boxers that have long amteur careers. They seem to want to fight the best and really find out who is the best boxer in the pros. Not as much motivated by money and protecting their 0. Look at usyk, joe joyce and katie taylor.

Who fucking cares about the Salido fight? That was over 5 years ago lol. Was a great learning experience and now he doesn't have some stupid, meaningless zero to protect.
What do you think he learned?

I think walking Loma down and trying to infight is the best way to beat him. Im not sure who can pull it off, but thats the way to beat him.

As great as Loma is Chavez runs through him easy because I just don't see Loma handling that pressure because he needs to rest and reset Salido proved this even though there were low blows the fight speaks for itself and Loma chin isn't Chavez type.

Whitaker toys with Loma also.

A Good fight would be Loma vs Meldrick Taylor.

Loma vs the professor Azuma Nelson ? close fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back