Loma Had a Injured Shoulder Doing Fight

To be fair boxing scoring is the most corrupt of any sport, to remain a fan of boxing you need to understand this. The right guy got it this time but it makes you nervous when Ward is calling it even after 10:confused: I was half expecting Lopez to get shafted, like so many others before him.

Speaking about the 119-109 card, looks like Julie Lederman also scored the last Nery fight 118-110 for him while he didn’t exactly shine..,

no one gets surgery to repair an injury just for fun, so its clear there was an injury. The difference between him and Manny is that Loma actually alerted VADA and the athletic commission to the injury ahead of time. He could've pushed the fight back or pulled out. The athletic commission could've stopped it from happening. Once he steps inside the cage though, all excuses are off. Everyone battles through injuries.

A shoulder injury in a fight is harder to see than a torn achilles or a torn ACL or something, and he may very likely of been hurt during the fight, but thats part of the game.

Today’s exam is multiple choice:

Loma’s fight spin. You may choose more than 1 answer:

A. I won the fight.
B. my shoulder hurt, if you missed A.
C. My shoulder hurt so bad I didn’t throw a punch for 6 rounds, during which the announcers astutely noted I was just playing chess and downloading information.
D. If I sound inconsistent l, I’m just on a different level than you.

This is a HUGE development and now puts everything into perspective.

If they ever rematch, it ends badly for Lopez. He got lucky in this one.

This is a HUGE development and now puts everything into perspective.

If they ever rematch, it ends badly for Lopez. He got lucky in this one.
I'm not sure it made much difference. Loma didn't look like it was hurting that much. In the Linares fight he boxed one-armed after his shoulder went. And anyway it's most likely moot as Lopez won't be giving Loma a rematch ever.

I can believe he had an injury, but if that’s so he shouldn’t have gone ahead with the fight. Greater fighters (Ray Robinson) have backed out of fights at the last moment due to injury or sickness, Loma should have too.

Must be a Top Rank employee. All we need now is a pick of Loma in a hospital bed with a frown on his face.
122449302_3685694304814566_2297871222781285067_n.jpg

fucking loooooooooooolllllllll!

{<jordan}

Not sure it made a huge amount of difference he seems reluctant to step to his right due to Lopez power shot.

I would like to have seen a rematch anyway as it was a good fight and I i think the rematch ends in a KO this time not sure for who though could go either way if Loma starts it like he ended the first

Speaking about the 119-109 card, looks like Julie Lederman also scored the last Nery fight 118-110 for him while he didn’t exactly shine..,
Not only corruption but nepotism too? Such a progressive sport lol

I will say Loma was throwing a weirdly low number of jabs. I guess this could have been part of it.

I will say Loma was throwing a weirdly low number of jabs. I guess this could have been part of it.
I'm gonna have to watch the fight again knowing this. Loma's signature attacks to his right, his orthodox opponents left were noticeably absent. I believed it was due to Lopez's proclaimed strategy of taking two steps back when Loma moved to his right (lead) but maybe the shoulder was a factor.

The audacity of Loma to come up with lame excuses after how dirty he fought, dirty fighters gonna make dirty excuses i guess.

<Durant35>

For as much as I like Loma and dislike Lopez (or more specifically, Lopez's dad), Loma lost to a younger, hungrier fighter.

While I still believe Loma is heads and shoulders above Lopez in terms of technique, he is starting to slow (even if only marginally). Much like Canelo vs. GGG, time isn't on the side of the older former champion. First thing to go is reflexes - I would reluctantly favor Lopez in a rematch.

I do however want to see Gervonte Davis fight Lopez - I think that would be a banger, and I would be pulling for Tank.

What fans agreed with or supported the costume excuse? I don't remember 1

Shortly memory huh. Plenty of people did, simply reading the comments on different platforms displayed that. No matter how pathetic an excuse someone can come up with, some people will agree, Wilder included.

Back