Lol Yall think Porier will win?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
This is a fairly easy fight for Poirier.

diaz has been inactive for ages, poirier will kick his legs all night long.

Both fair points.
Poirier is a pocket striker who fights on toughness, although I will say he's improved leaps and bounds. I don't think he has the pressure game to beat Diaz though.
I don't agree with the submitted better grapplers than Diaz. You can argue Chiesa and Bendo. But straight up grappling Diaz is much better than Pettis. Also he only tends to be out grappled by guys bigger than him, mainly welterweights

All and all I think this fight comes down to which type of Diaz shows up. We shall see, it should be a fun one
Jim Miller when Diaz subbed him was at least the grappler Bendo was (I’d say better on the mat) when Pettis subbed him. Nate has very good BJJ, but as you’ve correctly identified he has been muscled around by bigger guys.

I have gone with Poirier in this, but hot damn the disrespect for Diaz is insane. He’s not quite elite but he’s far better than a gatekeeper.

The Benson Henderson blueprint could work here.

Personally, I believe this fight depends almost entirely on Poirier’s mindset. If he fights smart and disciplined, he should win fairly easily. Unfortunately for him, I think he’s just a bit too much of a hot head, and will get sucked into a brawl. Very few people can beat Diaz if they fight his fight, but many can if they refuse to do so.

Back