Lol Yall think Porier will win?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Nate and Poirier are both Gatekeepers or do you really believe that Poirier can take the Belt?
Nate was a contender too.
If Bisping and Eddie can become champs, anything can happen. I can easily see Khabib vacating 155 and Dustin beating a fighter like Ferguson or Eddie for the title. LW is just a shark tank, and you never know what is going to happen, tho I largely agree; the odds are against Dustin and he has always lost to the elite guys.

Last edited:
Nate couldn't even beat Gray Maynard and Clay Guida for christ sake lmao. Nate is very beatable. Poirier by TKO round 2

Poirier can only win this by circling away and frustrating Diaz with leg kicks and maybe mix in a take down and quickly get up. If he gets in a boxing match, he's gonna get lit up by Diaz' straight punches. If he hangs around on the ground too long, he's gonna get subbed. This fight won't happen, by the way.

What is Dustin’s path to victory against Nate ? Lol please enlighten me on what area he is significantly better than Nate Diaz in other than maybe punching power? (Which may not be worth much against Diaz’s chin)
Lol- listen I'm not even picking a winner yet but who the fuck is Nate Diaz.....what is he 14-10 and losing record vs. TOP TIER 155ers. In fact, at 155 hes looked embarrassingly bad vs.those top guys.

For people to make this out to be some mis-match , well that's pretty fucking dumb.

The Diaz bros are some of the easiest guys to gameplan for on the planet. Move a bit, kick the leg, mix in some takedowns. Victory.

Dustin been growing and improving. Where was Nate all these years? Has he been training much?

Poirier can only win this by circling away and frustrating Diaz with leg kicks and maybe mix in a take down and quickly get up. If he gets in a boxing match, he's gonna get lit up by Diaz' straight punches. If he hangs around on the ground too long, he's gonna get subbed. This fight won't happen, by the way.
When Las Vegas sets a line (they know A WHOLE lot more than you), I'm going to bring up your post and expect an intelligent breakdiwn of fight.Im actually giving you the benefit of doubt before I explain my own verbiage

The Diaz bros are some of the easiest guys to gameplan for on the planet. Move a bit, kick the leg, mix in some takedowns. Victory.
Especially when theyre underdogs......conor- Nate 170 circus aside

If poirier throws a few hard leg kicks he wins easily

Dustin wins easily. Only people that think Diaz is going to win are Conor fans becasue he beat there boy twice.

Tough fight dont think Poirier is going to take him out with punches. Winnable fight for Dustin if he plays it smart he will take away Diaz legs and start potshotting him in round 3 onwards.
Hoping he doesn't get caught with a punch or sub.

I'm making a point buddy. if he wasn't for that michael johnson could have won. just like dustin, if he doesn't let nate get into his head, he beats him. it's just a simple thing he has to adjust, while ortega is a live dog in all the rounds of a fight
Wow that is some next level analysis . If he sticks to his game plan he wins, If he follows nates game plan he loses

<DCWhoa>

I said it in another thread. He uses the Thomson and Bendo blueprint. He isn’t as good of a wrestler as them but he is good enough.

What is Dustin’s path to victory against Nate ? Lol please enlighten me on what area he is significantly better than Nate Diaz in other than maybe punching power? (Which may not be worth much against Diaz’s chin)

Will this be a 5 or 3 round fight?

I'm taking Poirier because Nate hasn't fought in two years, while Poirier has fought 6 times in the two years, all against good fighters.

Diaz hasn't had to make 155 in 2 1/2 years and is suddenly 33 years old. I think the weight cut is going to be difficult for him, but he will make it.

I think the layoff and weight cut are really going to hurt Nate. I'm leaning Poirier.

Nate’s a gatekeeper who got lucky with calling out Conor. He was never championship level

Casuals keep daydreaming about Nate. Watch how Benson and Dos Anjos did it, this is how to do it. Take away that lead leg, counter punch, take him down. Even MJ outboxed him before he started getting lured in.

in a world with USADA Diaz is top tier

Dude, I see where you are coming from. On paper, Dustin has some advantages. But we gotta look at the intangibles. Like endurance and psychology. Nate also has the reach advantage and is a volume striker. Dustin will be the favorite, but I wouldn't be shocked if Nate pulls off the upset.

Back