Lol Yall think Porier will win?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Poirier via wearing Diaz down from leg kicks and straight lefts.

I could see Diaz getting TKO'd tbh. Conor dropped him a lot and when Conor hits people they tend to look way different after (and I'm not even a Conor fan)

lol TS you sound dumb as fuck, Poieier can easily outwrestle Diaz like he did with Pettis and Irish Joe Duffy, he has beat way better fighters than Nate

Punching power, footwork, inside control, range striking, wrestling, determination etc/

Nate isn't and never was top 5 at LW.

I'm still not sold the fights happening but Diaz is probably still the most overrated fighter out there
Fixed
Porier is the most underrated fighter out there.

Porier is going to thump Diaz around, might even finish him, then the hype train will take off because of how over hyped Nate is.

I'm a huge Diaz fan, but leg kicks, leg kicks, leg kicks. Funny thing is, Poirier has been victimized by leg kicks before too, in the Miller and Gathje fight. But Nate rarely ever throws good leg kicks while Poirier has usually thrown a few good ones each fight. But, leg kicks aren't a huge part of Poirier usual gameplan. Should be interesting.

I'm a huge Diaz fan, but leg kicks, leg kicks, leg kicks.
If Diaz has not learned to check leg kicks yet, he needs to hire a Muay Thai coach or this guy:

image_400x400.jpg

If Diaz has not learned to check leg kicks yet, he needs to hire a Muay Thai coach or this guy:

image_400x400.jpg
Who's is that guy? 30 fights into his career I'm not expecting Diaz to miraculously change into an elite kickboxer/MT fighter

he only beat michael johnson because he got into his head. before that johnson was clearly winning
Yea and everyone is better than Ortega because he was losing every fight before he won

What is Dustin’s path to victory against Nate ? Lol please enlighten me on what area he is significantly better than Nate Diaz in other than maybe punching power? (Which may not be worth much against Diaz’s chin)
Poirier doesnt get tired and nate has no power. simple

You mean the liars. Not too many actually believe Dustin is gonna win.
There's a lot that think Dustin will win and that Diaz is a trash fighter. They remember him getting molly whopped by Bendo, RDA and KTFO'd by UFC Flunk The Punk, but they forget him beating the life out of Cowboy, Johnson and Conor......it's just a game of mental gymnastics that all fans take part in when downplaying a fighter, kind of picking and choosing from moments here and there to build a Mr Potato Head Custom Can of a Fighter; i.e. take Conor's sub defense vs Duffy, his panic wrestling and cardio vs Diaz at 8 minute mark during 196, his TD defense vs Chad, his boxing vs May in the tenth round and you have 'Mr Potato Head Canor - the most over rated fighter in history!'.

Last edited:
Poirier is the better boxer, better wrestler, better cardio, better kicks, better power, better speed. Is it enough?

What is Nate better at? Better chin and better gatekeeper.
MMA has 3 aspects, Standup, Wrestling and Groundgame.

Nate is a better boxer but will lose a standup fight if the other guy destroy his legs.
Poirier has better Wrestling. So he can decide where the fight take place and get points.
Nate has a better groundgame and so a way better chance to end the fight if they go down.

So if Porier fights smart, he can win.
If Poirier fight Nate's game, he will lose big time.

Nate and Poirier are both Gatekeepers or do you really believe that Poirier can take the Belt?
Nate was a contender too.

Nate Diaz made MJ look silly boxing
The only person he didn't make look silly was Conor, and even then, he had his moments and made him look poorly. Diaz may be the best boxer in the whole UFC, and as Amir said, he beat the fuck out of boxing champ Fonfara and could easily compete at the elite in boxing. His defense, chin and cardio is so fucking good, and that is why I think Poirier does not box with him and looks to leg kick, circle, score takedowns, hold him against the fence and knee.

Yea and everyone is better than Ortega because he was losing every fight before he won
I'm making a point buddy. if he wasn't for that michael johnson could have won. just like dustin, if he doesn't let nate get into his head, he beats him. it's just a simple thing he has to adjust, while ortega is a live dog in all the rounds of a fight

Back