Lol Yall think Porier will win?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
You sound like a guy who started believing in Diaz skillset during the lead up to Conor fights, as all the people who overrate Nate Diaz do.

I already mentioned Diaz has the better chin. As for Dustin getting beat up every fight, not sure how this contributes anything to discussion when comparing Diaz and Poirier (Especially considering its pretty much the same for Diaz)

Actually, Diaz gets beat up even more
Diaz can survive easily though, Dustin can't, especially against a pressure fighter. This is going to look worse than Dustin VS MJ

Diaz can survive easily though, Dustin can't, especially against a pressure fighter

Having a worse chin doesn't get you knocked out automatically, which is why I'm confident for Poirier who I believe will have the striking edge to not absorb many strikes in the first place.

Poirier has better striking than Diaz and anyone who doesn't gargle Conor's nuts can see it

Lol what is Diaz gonna do beat him with his chin and baby leg kicks?

Nate will beat Dustin by Ud. This is literally the perfect match up to set up Conor/diaz part 3.

You sound like a guy who started believing in Diaz skillset during the lead up to Conor fights, as all the people who overrate Nate Diaz do.
Uh I've been a Diaz fan for nearly a decade but sure something something Conor.

Whatever. To seriously say Dustin is a better boxer and better cardio than Nate and then mock me for questioning those two statements speaks more to your MMA knowledge than anything I could say.

Nevermind even the first Conor fight. Do yourself a favor and watch Diaz vs Cerrone, then Diaz vs MJ.

Whatever. To seriously say Dustin is a better boxer and better cardio than Nate and then mock me for questioning those two statements speaks more to your MMA knowledge than anything I could say.

Nevermind even the first Conor fight. Do yourself a favor and watch Diaz vs Cerrone, then Diaz vs MJ.
he only beat michael johnson because he got into his head. before that johnson was clearly winning

Nevermind even the first Conor fight. Do yourself a favor and watch Diaz vs Cerrone or MJ.

I'll bite: He clearly outboxed Cerrone who is not a top10 boxer in any division he has fought in. Against MJ he took over in the second half of the fight winning a 29-28 decision (against someone who is known by slowing down as the fight goes on)

And what do you mean "Nevermind even the first Conor fight" ? He was getting pieced up before Conor started to gas 3 minutes into the fight which won't be the case when fighting against Poirier or pretty much anyone else at LW.

Easy payday for DP.
Bum with excuses. Coming soon.

Diaz chin is fucked for all we know

1. They are both notoriously bad against pressure/grinding fighters(not just Pettis).
2. Pettis has submitted grapplers that are better than Diaz.
Both fair points.
Poirier is a pocket striker who fights on toughness, although I will say he's improved leaps and bounds. I don't think he has the pressure game to beat Diaz though.
I don't agree with the submitted better grapplers than Diaz. You can argue Chiesa and Bendo. But straight up grappling Diaz is much better than Pettis. Also he only tends to be out grappled by guys bigger than him, mainly welterweights

All and all I think this fight comes down to which type of Diaz shows up. We shall see, it should be a fun one

Diaz can survive easily though, Dustin can't, especially against a pressure fighter. This is going to look worse than Dustin VS MJ
Dustin has changed ALOT as a fighter over the years. He used to have a serious chip on his shoulder and would brawl with anyone if invited. If Diaz asks him to brawl, there is a chance Dustin obliges, and loses, but I think he will get on his bike leg kicking, circling and spamming takedowns.

Diaz is slow AF, terrible TD's and can only beat fighters when they fight on his game plan, street fight style. If this is three rounds, I'm really favoring Dustin. Hopefully it is five tho.

Both fair points.
Poirier is a pocket striker who fights on toughness, although I will say he's improved leaps and bounds. I don't think he has the pressure game to beat Diaz though.
I don't agree with the submitted better grapplers than Diaz. You can argue Chiesa and Bendo. But straight up grappling Diaz is much better than Pettis. Also he only tends to be out grappled by guys bigger than him, mainly welterweights

All and all I think this fight comes down to which type of Diaz shows up. We shall see, it should be a fun one
Perfectly said.

The last point can't be stated enough. Do we get motivated Diaz who beat a super high ranked Michael Johnson? Or, do we get the Diaz that showed up to fight RDA 10 pounds over and was just there to get a paycheck?

That Red Panty Money may have gone to Diaz's head, and he may be a totally less motivated fighter now. He is not a poor gang banger fighting to get out of the hood. He is now a multimillionaire who is also in serious law trouble and saddled with court and lawyer fees (why Jose Canseco fought).

Perfectly said.

The last point can't be stated enough. Do we get motivated Diaz who beat a super high ranked Michael Johnson? Or, do we get the Diaz that showed up to fight RDA 10 pounds over and was just there to get a paycheck?

That Red Panty Money may have gone to Diaz's head, and he may be a totally less motivated fighter now. He is not a poor gang banger fighting to get out of the hood. He is now a multimillionaire who is also in serious law trouble and saddled with court and lawyer fees (why Jose Canseco fought).
Thank you, and I thoroughly agree with your assessment.
I want it to be known that in no way am I downplaying Poiriers skills, In fact I'm very impressed with how much he has improved the last few years. He has all the tools and is very capable of beating Diaz. And in no way am I trying to overrate Nate Diaz. He is a game fighter with a very dangerous skill set against someone unprepared to handle him. Unfortunately he does not always bring that to the table.

I just believe this fights outcome rests more in the hands of Nate Diaz and how he wants to approach this fight. I would be very disappointed if we see the check cashing Nate come fight night :(

I am rooting for Nate, but I think Poirier will win.

Nate:
- better cardio
- better chin
- better mentally

Poirier:
- better boxing
- better wrestling
- leg kicks
- stronger

he only beat michael johnson because he got into his head. before that johnson was clearly winning
Ah, the classic "winning before he lost". A fighter could have a 0-50 career doing that.

What is Dustin’s path to victory against Nate ? Lol please enlighten me on what area he is significantly better than Nate Diaz in other than maybe punching power? (Which may not be worth much against Diaz’s chin)

Leg kicks, duh.

Back