LOL Woman wants divorce after wedding

That marriage was bound for divorce from its inception, by virtue of the fact that the chick started off with “I never cared about marriage….”. She had no business tying the knot to begin with. To her it was just a formality. That’s not how successful marriages work. And the dude sounds like a typical douche bag incapable of following simple requests. He probably posts here.

I would explain why you never been married experts are wrong per the usual, but I’d get more understanding from a wall.

I hope we can have an entire section of Sherdog for responses to advice columns

My only hard-and-fast rule was that he would not rub cake in my face at the reception.

Being a reasonable man who knows me well, he didn’t. Instead, he grabbed me by the back of the head and shoved my head down into it. It was planned since the cake was DESTROYED, and he had a bunch of cupcakes as backup.​
What kind of retard tradition is this?

I wonder if tradition was followed and her dad paid for the wedding?

If so, and they got divorced a month later, I'd be absolutely fucking pissed that I wasted all that money.

there must be more to this story. you dont propose to an evil woman. or do you? i dont know anymore, this world is crazy

He should have never done that. He should have waited until the wedding night and spackled her face the right way. If she complained over that, annulment.

IMO it was worth it

I got married just before Christmas and am hoping to be divorced or annulled by the end of January. Obviously, that wasn’t the plan originally, but …

I never cared about getting married, but I wasn’t opposed to it. So when my boyfriend proposed in 2020, we decided to go for it. We each took on about half the responsibility for organizing the wedding, but I think I was pretty reasonable about compromise when he really wanted something. My only hard-and-fast rule was that he would not rub cake in my face at the reception.

Being a reasonable man who knows me well, he didn’t. Instead, he grabbed me by the back of the head and shoved my head down into it. It was planned since the cake was DESTROYED, and he had a bunch of cupcakes as backup.

I left. Next day I told him we were done. I am standing by that. The thing is that over the holidays EVERYONE has gotten together to tell me I should give him a second chance. That I am overreacting because of my issues (I am VERY claustrophobic after a car accident years ago, and I absolutely panicked at being shoved into a cake and held there). That I love him (even though right now I don’t feel that at all), he loves me, and that means not giving up at the first hurdle. I don’t want to, but everyone is so united and confident in their assurance I am making a terrible mistake that I wonder if they are right.​

https://slate.com/human-interest/2022/01/dear-prudence-wedding-stunt-goodbye.html
Accepting the divorce is the best choice he can make.

is it normal to put the wife in cake

Good for him, if you can't take his cake, how would you take his tea bag?

What kind of retard tradition is this?

He should have never done that. He should have waited until the wedding night and spackled her face the right way. If she complained over that, annulment.

Maybe that’s the whole purpose of this tradition, so that the groom can test how the bride will respond when the real spackling comes, with one last chance to step back if the desired response is not achieved

Last edited:
Back